BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

12-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #67
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Yep; only way anybody is going to believe that .

The only shit I know is most folks would have called around before paying $300 (if you actually paid that much). Good day man.
Well why dont u PM me your email and i'll show you how wrong you are then.

And for you calling this exhaust system crap. Are you judging something from its look? Because here in Los Angeles they are a pretty reputable shop. Maybe someday I could be a hardcore baller modder like you and get rubber floor and trunk mats.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #68
js2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Regardless of whether this exhaust can be made to fit, I advised John not to install it on his car. I spoke with the shop that was going to install it for him at length about it, and we came to the conclusion that it was not a quality exhaust system and should not be installed on an 80K car. Although it may sound great, I think that it John is better off buying an exhaust system which would not require extra work for proper fitament.

I know the shop that turned down the install very well. They are extremely reputable and stand behind their products and work. I do not blame him for turning this job away as it could be a false reflection of the work that comes out of his shop.

I was not invoived with the business transaction regarding the sale of this exahust so I can not comment on that. But it seems to me that John was not informed prior to the sale of the work involved for proper fitament of this exhaust. John has elected to pay the shipping back to the buyer, and I think that's fair considering the circumstances.

I have also attached some pictures sent to me by the shop that denied the install. In my opinion this exhaust leaves MUCH to be desired. It's not worth the time nor hassle.

Thanks,
Mike Benvo
Seriously, you sent me an exhaust system which more than 1 shop have turn me down for installation. One of the exhaust shop (see Mike's post) after having made several attempts at fitting this exhaust even took a picture of its ridiculous nature.
just like any other potential buyer on this forum, we are just looking to get a simple, easy to install item. if something is in pieces and requires welding and cutting up the OEM system such as this exhaust, as a seller, it is of utmost importance that you disclose these to the buyer. as a buyer, there is no way that we can anticipate these things. by not disclosing these things, your actions are not far away from those of a scammer. i am even ready to forget the fact that your advertisement was for a 'both cat' delete full exhaust system which is obvious not the case here (this is just a cat-back system).
If you had told me about this exhaust is in pieces like this and does not have primary cat delete and requires welding and cutting the OEM system.......all of these issues and the extra cost that you made me go through would not have occur.

i dont believe you are a bad person, i think you had good intentions just like mine. but sometimes mistake take a real man to step up to the problem.
I hope you can follow through with your good intention and issue me the refund.

i will keep everyone updated. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #69
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

"through the hour glass of time... these... are the days of our exhaust fumes..."
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #70
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If the seller didn't tell you the system will be hacked up and will require welding, he owes you a refund.
      12-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #71
js2000
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
If the seller didn't tell you the system will be hacked up and will require welding, he owes you a refund.
imballin2day, saying that this exhaust is possible to be installed is similar to saying that its possible to go to the moon. both instances are in fact possible, but they are difficult and not to mention the manipulation that needs to be done to my car in order to fit this exhaust is not something which people are willing to do.

your way of telling me that as long as it is 'possible' for this exhaust to be installed, you will NOT give me a refund. this is nothing more than blackmailing.

indeed, 2 people outside CA have said that its possible for this exhaust to be installed. while you are doing this, why dont you start counting how many people have said that you should be giving me the refund?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #72
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

When going custom, always customize when the car is actually in the air and being worked on, not getting a so-called "custom" package. Sorry, but you were scammed.
      12-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #73
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMANYCARS View Post
When going custom, always customize when the car is actually in the air and being worked on, not getting a so-called "custom" package. Sorry, but you were scammed.
No not really. The exhaust was preinstalled. The only modification was a little of the xpipe. How was he scammed? Im here and trying to help. All I ask is that someone ATTEMPTS to install it on his car. If then it is not possible I will give a refund.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #74
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i say he has been more then helpful. he has gone to numerous reputable shops only to be turned away bc of the system. i would be worried if a shop wanted to work on it after numerous places that know what they are doing turned me away. that to me would show the shop is prob not that good. also the fact you didn't tell him it was hacked up the way it is and what it would require to install is not cool either. and you said it was a catless system and it turns out to be a cat back system.

if you are here to help it is real easy and can keep you a good selling rep as well. just refund him and he said he would pay the shipping back. then problem is solved end of story. its just the right thing to do, it seems that he has bent over backwards trying to get this to work out, it is your turn

hope it works out for you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
No not really. The exhaust was preinstalled. The only modification was a little of the xpipe. How was he scammed? Im here and trying to help. All I ask is that someone ATTEMPTS to install it on his car. If then it is not possible I will give a refund.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #75
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by js2000 View Post
Seriously, you sent me an exhaust system which more than 1 shop have turn me down for installation. One of the exhaust shop (see Mike's post) after having made several attempts at fitting this exhaust even took a picture of its ridiculous nature.
just like any other potential buyer on this forum, we are just looking to get a simple, easy to install item. if something is in pieces and requires welding and cutting up the OEM system such as this exhaust, as a seller, it is of utmost importance that you disclose these to the buyer. as a buyer, there is no way that we can anticipate these things. by not disclosing these things, your actions are not far away from those of a scammer. i am even ready to forget the fact that your advertisement was for a 'both cat' delete full exhaust system which is obvious not the case here (this is just a cat-back system).
If you had told me about this exhaust is in pieces like this and does not have primary cat delete and requires welding and cutting the OEM system.......all of these issues and the extra cost that you made me go through would not have occur.

i dont believe you are a bad person, i think you had good intentions just like mine. but sometimes mistake take a real man to step up to the problem.
I hope you can follow through with your good intention and issue me the refund.

i will keep everyone updated. thanks.
First of all I NEVER advertised a full cat delete. Here is the first sentence of my post:

"I am selling my full Elite Exhaust System. This is a catback exhaust with both cats and resonators deleted. It throws no codes or malfunctions."

Notice it says CATBACK. I say both the cats and resonators are deleted. Maybe you thought that all the cats were deleted but that is not the case.

Also when you PMed me to first inquire about the exhaust you went straight to negotiation of price. Prior people who inquired about it asked me questions. Sorry I could not get every little detail up there.

The thing is when people sell Eisenmann exhausts, 90% of the time they will NEVER mention it requires the cutting of your oem system. Many elites have been sold used on this forum and no one had had any problems. Im sorry to say maybe you made an impulse purchase and did not do your research but that is not my problem.

And to even put me in the same sentence as a scammer is very insulting. I would never scam someone.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #76
js2000
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Quote:
First of all I NEVER advertised a full cat delete. Here is the first sentence of my post:

"I am selling my full Elite Exhaust System. This is a catback exhaust with both cats and resonators deleted. It throws no codes or malfunctions."

Notice it says CATBACK. I say both the cats and resonators are deleted. Maybe you thought that all the cats were deleted but that is not the case.

Also when you PMed me to first inquire about the exhaust you went straight to negotiation of price. Prior people who inquired about it asked me questions. Sorry I could not get every little detail up there.

The thing is when people sell Eisenmann exhausts, 90% of the time they will NEVER mention it requires the cutting of your oem system. Many elites have been sold used on this forum and no one had had any problems. Im sorry to say maybe you made an impulse purchase and did not do your research but that is not my problem.

And to even put me in the same sentence as a scammer is very insulting. I would never scam someone.
imballin2day
Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to imballin2day

Re: elite exhaust
Quote:

It does include both primary and secondary cat delets. And yes it does come with the xpipe. Shipping will be pretty expensive. Are you sure you want to pay for shipping and paypal fees?

this is your exact quote. i feel embarrassed to have to drag it to this level. so yes, you did scammed me.

i could care less about other exhausts system. we are talking about THIS exhaust. and the fact that you chose to inform me about paying a paypal fee (which is way more common sense knowledge than knowing which exhaust is bolt on or not) instead of this exhaust requiring welding the muffler pipe and cutting of the OEM system just further proving the fact that you are doing everything you possibly can to deny me the refund.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #77
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

what does people selling Eisenmann exhausts and 90% of the time not telling them have to do with this?? just bc he didn't ask if it required extensive work and welding to get it on the car doesn't mean you shouldn't of told him. a seller should disclose everything whether asked or not. this could of avoided this whole problem you guys have now

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #78
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

^+1. If it requires some serious welding, you should have at least told him.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #79
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If it was installed before, why would the next owner need to modify it to fit on his car? Just doesn't add up, and I stand behind what I posted, because I know what involves in custom fabrication.
      12-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #80
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Well why dont u PM me your email and i'll show you how wrong you are then.
No need. OP already called FedEx (if you missed his post), and he posted you paid 'far, far less than $300', just like most of us knew.

And my rubber mats are OEM BMW (which cost more than the carpeted ones), so don't compare them to that piece of crap of an exhaust that seems like a high-school welding project at best. Doing what I should have done since your first post: to my ignore list.

OP, I've lost a ton of times more money than that for trusting people, so I know how you feel, but it's pretty obvious he's not going to give you squat back man. At least you unmasked him here, which is a lot more satisfaction than I had. I wouldn't sell that POS to anybody, but somebody might want it at a discount. And just move on. Good luck man.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #81
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

^What he said. I wouldn't even want to run those pipes on a Geo Metro, given the Metro was the worst car I'd seen, but maybe on a Gwiz...
      12-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #82
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

to the seller is it worth ruining your selling rep and future sales over this refund?? i guess you have to ask yourself that. bc if you don't refund him nobody will ever do business with you again and most will just label you as a scammer. it won't just be this forum either bc i am sure they will post your info on all other forums as well.

think about it. just refund the guy and clear your name
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #83
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Just for the record:

I bought tighties custom Remus exhaust. I didnt have to cut or weld anything. It was a $50 install at a local shop.

Claims that this is JUST LIKE tighties exhaust should not have been made. At all.

edit: this must have been a reference to an exhaust BEFORE the Remus.
      12-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #84
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Okay then refund his money. If you're bitching about spending $300 on shipping (which is way less than you actually paid for the shipping) he shouldn't have to go out and pay someone for 'trying' to put on the exhaust. Mike @ PowerChip already said the exhaust was shit. A few reputable shops already said the exhaust was junk. Another member just said this wasn't even close to Tightie's exhast.

Refund his money and be done with it..or you are a scammer that lied about the exhaust.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #85
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Okay then refund his money. If you're bitching about spending $300 on shipping (which is way less than you actually paid for the shipping) he shouldn't have to go out and pay someone for 'trying' to put on the exhaust. Mike @ PowerChip already said the exhaust was shit. A few reputable shops already said the exhaust was junk. Another member just said this wasn't even close to Tightie's exhast.

Refund his money and be done with it..or you are a scammer that lied about the exhaust.
Well Said..+1....and another +1
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #86
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

+2 refund or your a scammer
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #87
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post

I don't care if Mike said it was shit. A few people said it was shit but a few people said it was good and it should have no problem fitting. Why don't you read the other members post again. He made an edit.

And what makes me a liar exactly? Let me know where I lied please. I have a positive itrader for a reason and that is not even including the people that didn't bother giving reviews. The OP started this thread with NO intention of a refund and just wanted to know how to install it. His first post even said that it fits. A few members said get your money back and he started asking for a refund. WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
+2 refund or your a scammer
Let me know how im a scammer.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #88
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't care if Mike said it was shit. A few people said it was shit but a few people said it was good and it should have no problem fitting. Why don't you read the other members post again. He made an edit.

And what makes me a liar exactly? Let me know where I lied please. I have a positive itrader for a reason and that is not even including the people that didn't bother giving reviews. The OP started this thread with NO intention of a refund and just wanted to know how to install it. His first post even said that it fits. A few members said get your money back and he started asking for a refund. WTF?

Let me know how im a scammer.
His first post says that YOU told him that it fits. The people that said it is shit don't count, but the people who said it was good are the ones that are important? Do you have 'selective reading?' If I remember correctly, somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that this exhaust is worth 5K? Refund his $1000 and sell it for $1300, if the savings are about 4K who wouldn't buy it
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread