BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

03-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #771
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
Good luck Dooma250 from the UK!

Has anyone sent any info to the Top gear lads yet - they may be interested.
Might be a bit too international - but never know
You know that would be very interesting indeed. I love top gear and watch all the episodes I can find, and if I recall they're the #1 show in the UK in terms of ratings. Would be interesting if this was on "The News" on their 1st show of next season lol. Then it would be an international story.

Anyway, back on topic. You've got my support Dooma and I'm pretty sure the support from all the e90post crew. Hope you get the car and then some from that dealership.
2009 Merc C-350: AMG package, loaded
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #772
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharden90 View Post
Congrats Man That They Will Honor The Price. Just Make Sure You Take It To A Mechanic and Bodyshop to make sure its not one of those Damaged M3s That were totaled out fixed and repaired from the shipping incident. You could be had big time. 60K is a whole lot of money to be scammed.

Don't worry, we will not miss what you wrote, no matter what font size you use

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #773
dgb2
Rep
Drives: GLI

Congrats Dooma!
And perhaps this is a bit premature before we know the "conditions", but I also give some props to whoever at the dealership finally woke up and did the right thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #774
SteveMondragon
Seaman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 | I01 | G30

Wow, 30+ pages since the last time I posted.

Congrats Dooma, but I'm curious as to know what "certain conditions" they want to apply to the sale of the car. It's not like they can stipulate what type of use the car will go through since you're buying the vechicle. The only thing I can imagine is the stoppage of negative feedback & publicity that they've been receiving thus far, and for you to drop whatever beef you have with them and to not follow up with any reports or stories to other sites or companies.

And for that dipsh!t troll jharden90, who needs to be banned anyways since he hasn't contributed one bit of positive info, if you are so vested in your knowledge in how BMW NA prices its vehicles for their own invoice and for the 'customer's invoice' then please share with us your knowledge. With that said, I seriously doubt there is any conviction to what you're saying just by the tone and grammar & spelling that I've seen .
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #775
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman4 View Post
You know that would be very interesting indeed. I love top gear and watch all the episodes I can find, and if I recall they're the #1 show in the UK in terms of ratings. Would be interesting if this was on "The News" on their 1st show of next season lol. Then it would be an international story.

Anyway, back on topic. You've got my support Dooma and I'm pretty sure the support from all the e90post crew. Hope you get the car and then some from that dealership.
That would be amazing if they picked this up on Top Gear!!! Too bad they don't air until April or something, but imagine the kind of international PR this could have been!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #776
pneutin
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimic View Post
He doesn't live anywhere near the dealership. I'm sure his local dealership would be more than happy to service it for him.

I cannot congratulate you enough. This just goes to show that there is still a lot of decency and honor left in people around the world. When strangers with a common ground get together it's absolutely amazing what happens.

Enjoy the car my friend. I'm sure the minute you get behind the wheel, turn the key, and hear the engine the biggest smile you've ever had will beam across your face.

I thought the M3 had an Engine Start/Stop button?
Anyways, referred from Autoblog and I am also interested to see what the conditions of the purchase are.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #777
abuzzl23p
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i COLOR TBD

congrats man...they are probably going to make you put a huge lincoln BMW vinyl graphic all over your car or something lol...

but to the debate over edmunds MSRP and the actual cost the dealer pays....i've heard many things about the dealer hold back, which makes it much lower than invoice....i mean if people get cars at or under invoice numerous times i dont think they would make any money
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #778
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I want to know wat are their conditions??? These words kinda bugs me....
Did you really have to quote that entire post?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #779
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Let us know about those tricky conditions. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #780
ArtPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

this is sad...a representation of all that is wrong with MY Country...
a bunch of parisites feeding on a mistake...
anger and hatred abound...
I saw that on a couple of dealer assoc. sites that the guy has received death threats....nice....

a reasonble jury could go both ways:
a mistake was made, and some guy is trying to capitalize on it, and damage a local businessman...yuppie scum
the delaer will say, mistake, and we made a good faith effort to appease the customer with a 3k discount...what will you say?

they made a mistake, I want the car, who cares if the guy loses his job, his problem, not mine, just give me my sports car and screw him...classy

or that the deal must be honored...if their was a deal...the dealer was 'cheating'...and fraudulent...
the courts will decide this, not us...

a member, with no relationship to the case, actually called and threatened legal action, for what? it's assinine bordering on the absurd...if doctor hurts a stranger, can I sue that doctor? he lost nothing, did not bid on the car, no connection at all...
after I got done laughing, if I felt like wasting money, I'd have my lawyer call him, maybe sue for harrassment...

the ebay resolution phase has not even played out yet...
and we are character assassinating the guy...pathetic...

these things happen all the time, for much larger stakes, that's why we have courts, to remedy this...instead we have this enet lynch mob action...sad yet amusing...

karma is a biotch...it would suck to end up wrapping this ill gotten gain around a tele pole...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #781
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
I see they caved and thats a good thing. The great part is the negative publicity this has already received is irreversible and its ALL due to this dealerships unethical attempt to not honor an agreed upon price. They'll spend far more than the $5k they are making off this deal to gain back a decent reputation.

The additional conditions are only their to benefit the dealer. Don't sign any additional terms. Bring a lawyer with you to review the documents. If they are faxing he terms have your lawyer review them. No need to agree to anything beyond what was posted in the auction. You are paying over MSRP so no need to make their life easier. Certainly dont sign a gag order on this situation. You dont pay over MSRP to have a legal document stopping you from talking about anything. The dealer is 100% in the wrong and you can do more harm to them if they try to get tricky with additional conditions. Just mention the s@!t storm beyond what they have already experienced if they dont agree to only the ebay terms with no additional conditions.

The dealer needs to just give up the car for the agreed upon price and worry about advertising to clear their tarnished name.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #782
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
finally saw they caved. Man it took me like 5 hours between free time at work and when I got back to finish reading this thread lol. When I made that 1st post up there I hadn't finished reading yet. Grats Dooma on getting what you should already have gotten lol, but yea, definitely go have it checked out by a mechanic to make sure they didn't screw you. I don't think they would however since they've already gotten so much negative PR, doubt they'd want more if news that they sabotaged your M3 made it to the net. But who knows, once an idiot, always an idiot.
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #783
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmedias14 View Post
Mate, I'm 16 years old too... and I think that him and all other people like him are into the region of
LOLOL omg this has to be the funniest Fail picture I've seen yet. I actually cracked up out loud when I saw this.
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #784
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peregrinus View Post
You spew and unbelievable amount of mis or disinformation. Tell you what - I won't pretend to know anything about engineering if you won't pretend to know anything about contract law (something that is quite apparent).
I'd rather be me than you...and I'm sure most of the people you know would say the same...

another tick on humanities ass...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #785
na335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

what is your problem. this whole deal is done...the dealership has agreed to the original deal...let it go man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
I saw that on a couple of dealer assoc. sites that the guy has received death threats....nice....

a mistake was made, and some guy is trying to capitalize on it, and damage a local businessman...yuppie scum
the delaer will say, mistake, and we made a good faith effort to appease the customer with a 3k discount...what will you say?

they made a mistake, I want the car, who cares if the guy loses his job, his problem, not mine, just give me my sports car and screw him...classy

or that the deal must be honored...if their was a deal...the dealer was 'cheating'...and fraudulent...

a member, with no relationship to the case, actually called and threatened legal action, for what? it's assinine bordering on the absurd...if doctor hurts a stranger, can I sue that doctor? he lost nothing, did not bid on the car, no connection at all...
after I got done laughing, if I felt like wasting money, I'd have my lawyer call him, maybe sue for harrassment...

these things happen all the time, for much larger stakes, that's why we have courts, to remedy this...instead we have this enet lynch mob action...sad yet amusing...

karma is a biotch...it would suck to end up wrapping this ill gotten gain around a tele pole...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #786
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

yeah it was a "mistake".

your line about "a representation of all that is wrong with MY Country..." made me LOL then throw up a little in my mouth.

you're hopeless...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #787
overskill
Registered
Rep
Drives: lowly Ford Ranger

way to go

Way to go man.

Now I've got the perfect idea... turn around and put the car on eBay as it is famous now. You could list it as the car that spawned an Internet outrage.

Seriously though, congrats. I was pulling for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #788
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
I don't know how you can end your post with something like that after trying to be some kind of moralist/patriot at the beginning.

Perhaps you are what is wrong with YOUR country...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #789
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I don't know how you can end your post with something like that after trying to be some kind of moralist/patriot at the beginning.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #790
na335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #791
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Quote:

that may be...but for sure you guys are...
I'm HUMAN, apparently unlike many around here...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #792
Junior Barnes
Rep
Drives: 78 Schwinn Varsity, lime green

Quote:
Link, please.

If this is true, it's reprehensible. I don't believe it is, though. Again, give us a link.

Quote:
HAHAhahahHahAHAaHHAhaHAHAHaHAHa

This person is affiliated with the dealership in question. The preceding is Exhibit A.

Quote:
I believe I would say that the dealer called within 15 minutes to breach the contract, not to offer some kind of ridiculous appeasement. I would then offer the mountain of evidence that this dealer (with whom I'm absolutely convinced you're affiliated) is guilty of all sorts of fraudulent activity.

Quote:
a member, with no relationship to the case, actually called and threatened legal action...
Really? Who? How do you know? Could it be that someone called YOU, the dealer? Evidence, please.

Quote:
On what grounds? If you're trying to say that people from this board shouldn't make threatening or fraudulent phone calls to the dealership, you're absolutely right. In no way does that constitute harrassment, however, as Ken has made none of those calls, nor has he in any way requested that anyone else make calls.

Quote:
It needn't. The contract is breached.

Quote:
I give you Exhibit B. No one trolling this board except the dealership itself (or someone associated therewith) would wish that on Ken. Period.

Sorry, "ArtPE" (a.k.a. Lincoln BMW), but you've brought this on yourself. Eat it. Karma is a bitch, isn't it?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread