Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Asia

Mporium BMW

11-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #89
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

No EDC but seems firm enough for me going into turns. I think EDC would stiffen it even more but too late now! No intention to lower the car anymore otherwise, I cannot get into my garage

I am thinking of changing the exhaust though. Will probably go with Active Autowerke.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #90
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92M3 and Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclboss View Post
No EDC but seems firm enough for me going into turns. I think EDC would stiffen it even more but too late now! No intention to lower the car anymore otherwise, I cannot get into my garage

I am thinking of changing the exhaust though. Will probably go with Active Autowerke.
yes....one of the main reason that i dun wanna lower my car!

For the exhaust, is there anybody would give a try of Ericsson??
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #91
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
yes....one of the main reason that i dun wanna lower my car!

For the exhaust, is there anybody would give a try of Ericsson??
You should check youtube..search around
There are people will Ericsson on it already..it sounds nice..just that..TI -->Crack...makes me wonder...(Its not cheap too)

I have EDC on mine...I have set it all the way hardest..it feels like porsche sports damp..you don't bounce when you're on an uneven surface...but gives you a very nice street damper....

Lowering it..will sure give you're ride a meaner look..but you will kill your ride comfort....plus you need those space for rebounce..... lol...will a 20 help you fill the space out??

Has anyone locally install rpi scoops yet? I have one but I haven't get it install...lol..all I did was changed to matt black grills...

Does anyone know where I can get RE30 LE's? I want those bad...

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:28 AM   #92
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclboss View Post

I was thinking about Remus for sometime...does active autowerk gives you the full pipe? or you still need to cut the OEM mufflers out?

The thing is I don't want to cut my pipes out to fit mufflers...since i want to keep my OEM set just in case if I need to swap those back in...

Have you install you're things yet??

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:48 AM   #93
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
I was thinking about Remus for sometime...does active autowerk gives you the full pipe? or you still need to cut the OEM mufflers out?

The thing is I don't want to cut my pipes out to fit mufflers...since i want to keep my OEM set just in case if I need to swap those back in...

AA exhaust is full bolt on replacement, no cutting, which is an attraction since I can change back to factory exhaust if I don't like it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #94
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

i installed GruppeM Ti, and i have been using Ti exhaust for many years, no problem at all wor~~~
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #95
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

hmmm...then I'm still 50/50 on the Ti's...coz Ericsson that complete exhuast wth pipes is a very very good choice for me to pick up......I know most JDM one's that I saw and read...has rarely seen crack.....so must be confuse to why peope here say it will crack...

hmmm......I'm holding on my thoughts for now....I will wait more respones before I put my money on it...

So far I came across to forum members with that setup ....hope to see more soon....

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #96
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
hmmm...then I'm still 50/50 on the Ti's...coz Ericsson that complete exhuast wth pipes is a very very good choice for me to pick up......I know most JDM one's that I saw and read...has rarely seen crack.....so must be confuse to why peope here say it will crack...

hmmm......I'm holding on my thoughts for now....I will wait more respones before I put my money on it...

So far I came across to forum members with that setup ....hope to see more soon....
hahaha, i can say, i never heard anyone who used in Hk who has this kind of problem~~~
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #97
Shade
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 AW F10 M5

hey hankit i wonder how much are HK's shop charging for Amuse Ericsson parts. Cause seriously i think it will be cheaper in HK then USA.

08 E92 M3 AW M-DCT

09 INDxRENN-SPEC Project GT-R
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #98
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Does anyone know some places in HK for installing parts? (reliable ones of course)

Let me know where!! Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #99
ken@exoticstuning
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E39 M5,E92 M3,Passat R36

The guy who live at the same place as i just putted a " China plate " on his E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #100
ken@exoticstuning
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone know some places in HK for installing parts? (reliable ones of course)

Let me know where!! Thanks!
what kinds of parts you want to install ??
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #101
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

I need to get my performance steering wheel install...bmw doesn't take my wheel, which is stupid since i order it through bmw overseas...

so I have to get it done~ Connections maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken@exoticstuning View Post
what kinds of parts you want to install ??

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #102
avbw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06' M coupe

Yes that's a very cool steering wheel, my friend installed it and still have to go back to the dealership to get it programmed(cause only their computer can do it).
BTW, I am in Hong Kong now, have not seem an M3 yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #103
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

hehe, if that is the case, we should orginise M3 meeting la~~
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 06:10 AM   #104
ken@exoticstuning
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I need to get my performance steering wheel install...bmw doesn't take my wheel, which is stupid since i order it through bmw overseas...

so I have to get it done~ Connections maybe?

Nice mod. Should be easy to DIY yourself but may need a GT1 computer to do some reset on the DME.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #105
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Dammit...that i might need to order from them and have them set it up..
gush...i paid soo much carry over back to Hong Kong when I worked in SF for a month.....

I guess I might put it up for sell really soon...after I had the stupid dealership give me an estimate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbw View Post
Yes that's a very cool steering wheel, my friend installed it and still have to go back to the dealership to get it programmed(cause only their computer can do it).
BTW, I am in Hong Kong now, have not seem an M3 yet.

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 01:44 AM   #106
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

hey guys,

For which engine's oil you guys used? becuase i want to change the engine oil, please advise~~~thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #107
m_parade
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Does anyone know where to find Amuse or Gruppe M parts for the E92 in HK with good prices?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #108
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_parade View Post
Does anyone know where to find Amuse or Gruppe M parts for the E92 in HK with good prices?
For Gruppe M parts, you can try the shop named "take one", but i am not sure about Amuse.....
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #109
laicosmo
Finally Beauty & the Beast
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & R35

Well I got bot Gruppe M intake + Amuse Ericsson exhaust from Top Racing, well to be truth i didn't shop around but their price are cheaper than buying in US. I just got my Gruppe M intake install, and my Ericsson Ti exhaust arrive but they are not able to install it because the end of the exhaust on the oem is different, so I need to install the buy the front ti pipe also(not the ti header) so i'm still waiting on that, but i love my Gruppe M it is very nice, the sound of it is much meaner, and also about the performance steering wheel, once you find a place that will install it for you tell me, or try this, call the service manager Frankie Tang in Shatin, he was the one helped me out with the new software for DCT and he did me a favor when i order my M3 i ask that they can only tow the car from the port to their service center, so when i got my car, i only have 10km on it, so try contacting him, he is nice better than those useless FxxK in Kwoloon, they sucks and have bad manners. Because i want to get that wheel also but only worry about installation. Good luck to you
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #110
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

I'm working out with Top Racing as well to see what they can do...

My sales never worked out at all...like even your parts are from US/Euro...we will NOT install them...i was like wtf...i got it right off from tunermotorsport that directly got it off from official BMW...

so i'm going for top racing...and asking them to see what they can do..coz i got it cheap before the crisis and the dollar and euro gap...

so how much they charge you fro the whole ericsson pipe and exhasut? what's the wait time on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laicosmo View Post
Well I got bot Gruppe M intake + Amuse Ericsson exhaust from Top Racing, well to be truth i didn't shop around but their price are cheaper than buying in US. I just got my Gruppe M intake install, and my Ericsson Ti exhaust arrive but they are not able to install it because the end of the exhaust on the oem is different, so I need to install the buy the front ti pipe also(not the ti header) so i'm still waiting on that, but i love my Gruppe M it is very nice, the sound of it is much meaner, and also about the performance steering wheel, once you find a place that will install it for you tell me, or try this, call the service manager Frankie Tang in Shatin, he was the one helped me out with the new software for DCT and he did me a favor when i order my M3 i ask that they can only tow the car from the port to their service center, so when i got my car, i only have 10km on it, so try contacting him, he is nice better than those useless FxxK in Kwoloon, they sucks and have bad manners. Because i want to get that wheel also but only worry about installation. Good luck to you

Appreciate 0