BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Keep fighting till you get your money back man. Do whatever you have to.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #24
BMWdmk
*Rollin 3rd*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something fast

are you serious...

FUCK!...THAT!
Technology + malfunction + $$$$$$$ = Fraud

Introduce him to your attorney
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #25
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

this is exactly why i NEVER used the ATM to make deposits after working at the bank for 3 years. make deposits the old fashioned way. get in line with the teller and get a deposit receipt.

the letter that you have to fax over is stupid i know, but it's to cover their asses in case they do decide to credit your account. everything they do needs to have a paper trail.
      06-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #26
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
this is exactly why i NEVER used the ATM to make deposits after working at the bank for 3 years. make deposits the old fashioned way. get in line with the teller and get a deposit receipt.

the letter that you have to fax over is stupid i know, but it's to cover their asses in case they do decide to credit your account. everything they do needs to have a paper trail.
+1

Don't work at a bank, but I'm still not personally secure with any of these new methods. I'm still old school with everything. I have no ATM card, no online banking, and still pay all my bills with a good old fashioned checks. I will remain old fashioned until I'm forced to go new school.

On a side note, I've been with B of A for well over a decade and love them. They have been unbelieveably helpful with my parents fraud/identity thefts.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #27
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

damn neema sorry to hear...dude may is over!!
      06-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #28
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
+1

Don't work at a bank, but I'm still not personally secure with any of these new methods. I'm still old school with everything. I have no ATM card, no online banking, and still pay all my bills with a good old fashioned checks. I will remain old fashioned until I'm forced to go new school.

On a side note, I've been with B of A for well over a decade and love them. They have been unbelieveably helpful with my parents fraud/identity thefts.

no ATM card and the check book IS old fashioned but whatever works for you. online banking would offer a lot more security protection. losing one of your checks in the mail wouldn't be fun. your name, address and bank information is all on the check. i don't use my banks online bill pay to pay bills because it's a pretty pointless service unless the company i'm paying does not offer an online payment option. i just go directly to the vendor's website to pay them (ie. bmwusa, credit card companies, verizon and etc)
      06-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #29
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

no ATM card and the check book IS old fashioned but whatever works for you. online banking would offer a lot more security protection. losing one of your checks in the mail wouldn't be fun. your name, address and bank information is all on the check. i don't use my banks online bill pay to pay bills because it's a pretty pointless service unless the company i'm paying does not offer an online payment option. i just go directly to the vendor's website to pay them (ie. bmwusa, credit card companies, verizon and etc)

I'll take my chances. I pay my bills at the bank, so no chance the mail will loose it. And the only other check I write is to my roommate for rent/utilities. He deposits that in the bank. My car payment is withdrawn directly from my bank account to the credit union.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #30
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
That sucks, thats the reason why i dont use automated deposit. Always teller.
      06-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #31
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'll take my chances. I pay my bills at the bank, so no chance the mail will loose it. And the only other check I write is to my roommate for rent/utilities. He deposits that in the bank. My car payment is withdrawn directly from my bank account to the credit union.
well then looks like you got your rear end covered. i thought you meant old fashioned as in paying ALL your bills using checks through snail mail. i guess that's TOO old fashioned for you. you're still a step ahead
      06-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #32
HiYo2o
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

that sucks, my girlfriend just experienced the same thing about a week ago. except it ate her check, but somehow she got a receipt that said it was for $0. she was pissed, she went inside to tell them of the situation, and they said they couldn't find the check. then they had her call some number, i can't remember but luckily they had it all sorted out. good luck with your situation man. i'm never trusting the atm again.
      06-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #33
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

I used to work at BofA back in college...

You should NEVER deposit cash through an ATM!!!!

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #34
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
well then looks like you got your rear end covered. i thought you meant old fashioned as in paying ALL your bills using checks through snail mail. i guess that's TOO old fashioned for you. you're still a step ahead
I do find it funny with all my friends that use the ATM. I always have cash on me, not a lot, but at least $20. They never do. Always waste time because they wait until the moment we're heading out to stop and pull out cash. And it always adds another 20-30 minutes before I can enjoy a refreshing beverage.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #35
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

boost brother you are officaly have the worlds worst luck this past month!! you have lost what over a grand now? take a solitary vacation lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #36
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinBalNom View Post
I used to work at BofA back in college...

You should NEVER deposit cash through an ATM!!!!
or anything for that matter. i worked there in college too and i found lose checks dated over a year back.

Quote:
I do find it funny with all my friends that use the ATM. I always have cash on me, not a lot, but at least $20. They never do. Always waste time because they wait until the moment we're heading out to stop and pull out cash. And it always adds another 20-30 minutes before I can enjoy a refreshing beverage.
so you have one of those friends. it's like those people that go to a large dinner and do not bring cash so the waitress has to take cash and charge a few bucks on a million cards.

an ATM card is no excuse for laziness and NO, it's not as good as cash!
      04-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #37
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
or anything for that matter. i worked there in college too and i found lose checks dated over a year back.

Not really an issue, they've been processed and just missed being shredded. Checks don't actually go anywhere anymore, when you deposit a check in the ATM or give it to a teller, it is verified for acct/routing, validity, and use all at once. The banks hold the checks for a certain time period and then shred them. A check that has been deposited once, barring inside help (which is difficult in itself), cannot be reused and is not necessarily "lost in the shuffle" from the end users perspective. It just likely hasn't been shredded yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #38
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Not really an issue, they've been processed and just missed being shredded. Checks don't actually go anywhere anymore, when you deposit a check in the ATM or give it to a teller, it is verified for acct/routing, validity, and use all at once. The banks hold the checks for a certain time period and then shred them. A check that has been deposited once, barring inside help (which is difficult in itself), cannot be reused and is not necessarily "lost in the shuffle" from the end users perspective. It just likely hasn't been shredded yet.
      04-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #39
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
and even before then...which is why a check hanging around over a year old that hasn't been disputed is no reason to not trust banks...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #40
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Who deposits "cash" in an ATM?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #41
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have. Otherwise I'll just spend it
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #42
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

i also put my cash in through the atm... who deals with people anymore?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #43
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
i also put my cash in through the atm... who deals with people anymore?
Well-adjusted human beings
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #44
///MC
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Who deposits "cash" in an ATM?
drug dealers, strippers, waiters......
Appreciate 0