BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

09-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Best way to buy a car on this forum

Hi Guys,

I've been looking on this forum and there is 2 cars I'm interested in. One is all the way across the country and won't be able to check it out in person. I plan on having the car PPI at either a local dealership or indy shop. Once everything looks good, what's the best way to facilitate the transaction? Should I fly out there in person or not?

Either way, I'll probably have the seller ship the car since it's on the east coast and I live in CA.

Looking for advice on how to buy a car across country. If you have any experience or recommendation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
VegasEgg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Hi Guys,

I've been looking on this forum and there is 2 cars I'm interested in. One is all the way across the country and won't be able to check it out in person. I plan on having the car PPI at either a local dealership or indy shop. Once everything looks good, what's the best way to facilitate the transaction? Should I fly out there in person or not?

Either way, I'll probably have the seller ship the car since it's on the east coast and I live in CA.

Looking for advice on how to buy a car across country. If you have any experience or recommendation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I bought my car online without seeing it first. I used escrow.com. Everything went super smooth! You wire escrow.com the money, they notify the seller that funds are verified and it's ok to ship the car, after you receive the car you have a inspection period (mine was 48 hrs), you notify escrow.com that everything's good and they wire the money to the seller. They also offer a title transfer service that I used. That service takes care of everything and even registers the car for you. I suggest enclosed shipping for your car too.

Have the inspection done at your local BMW dealership because they can stick the key in their reader and view the entire service history of the car so you will know if the previous owner properly serviced and maintained the car
Appreciate 0