BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

DCT software update?

I've noticed that my new (to me) car has a fairly bad case of DCT lag - more specifically, after baking at slow speed, I cannot accelerate for a second or so, no matter what I do with accelerator.

From the forum posts, it seems that this is a known issue, which is to some extent addressed by software upgrades. How can I find out if the software on my car is the latest one and this is it or if I should ask dealer for a software upgrade? It is a 2009 model (manufactured December 08) and it did not have any software updates, according to the maintenance records.

I already scheduled a visit to a dealer, but then though if there is nothing they can do, why waste a day... The service department seems to be surprisingly clueless about the issue.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with my situation. I have a September build 09 and have been living with this lag for 18 months. Look at the sticky lag thread on the main page. It lists the latest software update (which is the third or fourth change since your car was built). I've been driving on this latest update for six days now and have not had any serious lag issue. However, every previous update has reverted back to the old behavior within a few weeks. So I can't say with authority that this fix is any better than the previous ones.

Mention SIB 28 07 08 to your SA along with a description of your lag. They should update your car with the latest software.

I personally believe that the transmissions have a lot of variability from car to car. Some of us are plagued by transmissions at the bad end of the spectrum. It may be the case that no software update will cure your or my transmission woes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

I had that issue as well.. Dealership will tell you that they have not heard of anyone complaining abut this yet
Appreciate 0