BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #375
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Amazing day at CMP.
Was my first event there and its a great track. The drive back was equally exciting!!!!
      10-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #376
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Amazing day at CMP.
Was my first event there and its a great track. The drive back was equally exciting!!!!
Last weekend was a perfect way to end the year. Saturday and Sunday were super fun at the track, the BBQ was good, and the Cannonball run home was nuts!

Glad you guys finally made it up to CMP this year - now you know why its one of the best tracks around! See you all in 2014!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #377
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Last weekend was a perfect way to end the year. Saturday and Sunday were super fun at the track, the BBQ was good, and the Cannonball run home was nuts!

Glad you guys finally made it up to CMP this year - now you know why its one of the best tracks around! See you all in 2014!
Most def. CMP was awesome!!!
Amin has a vid of our Cannonball run.
      11-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #378
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
^ STALKER you better be careful, I think MaxL has access to your M3Post account.
Oh, come on, I did not make a point of always reminding you how much faster I was. The sheer fact was enough for me :-).

Have not been on track in 3 months - it's killing me!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #379
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Oh, come on, I did not make a point of always reminding you how much faster I was. The sheer fact was enough for me :-).

Don't worry, I remind him all the time for you.
      11-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #380
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Don't worry, I remind him all the time for you.
I'll never understand how I can put laps on you guys, and somehow i'm always exactly two seconds slower than you guys.

Max - have you got your build date yet for your GT3? I'm doing ED at the end of March, and i've been told i'll get my build number at the end of November.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #381
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'll never understand how I can put laps on you guys, and somehow i'm always exactly two seconds slower than you guys.

Max - have you got your build date yet for your GT3? I'm doing ED at the end of March, and i've been told i'll get my build number at the end of November.
You have much to learn little grasshopper.
      11-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #382
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Mine was supposed to go in production second week of November and delivered second week of January. But with all these delays I'm not sure if that's still the case. I'm #2 at a pretty big dealership, so still going to be early in the year unless Porsche screws up.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #383
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Mine was supposed to go in production second week of November and delivered second week of January. But with all these delays I'm not sure if that's still the case. I'm #2 at a pretty big dealership, so still going to be early in the year unless Porsche screws up.
Show us your build!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #384
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
What dealer are you going through? You must be getting anxious!! My order was just submitted for end of march delivery and can't wait!

Being #2 I would have thought your order would have been already scheduled build and in the delay no?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #385
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
What dealer are you going through? You must be getting anxious!! My order was just submitted for end of march delivery and can't wait!

Being #2 I would have thought your order would have been already scheduled build and in the delay no?
I ordered at Sonnen (here in Bay Area). They have reputation of no-nonsense and track-friendly dealer.

Checked with my rep - all he knows is that it was supposed to go in production this coming week, but it will not. He does not know when it will. All orders are delayed without definitive info. He is expecting something definitive this or next week, but I think it's a speculation on his part.

I an extra-anxious because 1) I have no track car now (got a Turbo, but it's a wrong Turbo ); 2) if it's delayed too long, I might as well do Euro delivery, but with this uncertainty I can't really plan.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #386
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
I ordered at Sonnen (here in Bay Area). They have reputation of no-nonsense and track-friendly dealer.

Checked with my rep - all he knows is that it was supposed to go in production this coming week, but it will not. He does not know when it will. All orders are delayed without definitive info. He is expecting something definitive this or next week, but I think it's a speculation on his part.

I an extra-anxious because 1) I have no track car now (got a Turbo, but it's a wrong Turbo ); 2) if it's delayed too long, I might as well do Euro delivery, but with this uncertainty I can't really plan.
That's pretty weird! My dealership has confirmed my allocation number, and I will be getting my build number at the end of this month, so I can do an end of March ED. I know a few other people who are taking delivery of their cars in Canada at the end of March and they've got their build numbers already. If you don't have a build number yet, I highly doubt you'll get your car in January. If you have your build number, you should be able to get updated production/delivery dates from Porsche.

In any case, post a link to the configurator with the spec of your car!!! Here's a link to my build as it stands today http://www.porsche-code.com/PEGQDJ80. I may end up doing a red car if I trade-in my C2S but otherwise, i've pretty much finalized my spec.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #387
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

The build number from my understanding when I ordered my car only gets released right before production, until then it's just a date and the allocation number with a estimated build date.

Your dealer should be able to give you the actual allocation number at anytime, if not then they might be BSing you.

Porsche tracking system changed when I was in this process, and still sucks compared to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #388
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
The build number from my understanding when I ordered my car only gets released right before production, until then it's just a date and the allocation number with a estimated build date.

Your dealer should be able to give you the actual allocation number at anytime, if not then they might be BSing you.

Porsche tracking system changed when I was in this process, and still sucks compared to BMW.
You get your allocation number right away, which is correct. Once the dealer gets its build confirmations (i.e. when they get the build dates for their allocation), they pass along the build number to you. This is usually a couple months before the car actually goes into production. (When you get your allocation number, the estimated date is from the dealer, not from the factory). The build date you get with your build number is from the factory. That is why you can also use the build number to track delays in production.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #389
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You get your allocation number right away, which is correct. Once the dealer gets its build confirmations (i.e. when they get the build dates for their allocation), they pass along the build number to you. This is usually a couple months before the car actually goes into production. (When you get your allocation number, the estimated date is from the dealer, not from the factory). The build date you get with your build number is from the factory. That is why you can also use the build number to track delays in production.
I didn't get my build number till very close to actual production. Even then I had a 4 week delay.

Waiting sucks, but at least you get exactly what you want when you order then car.
      11-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #390
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
I didn't get my build number till very close to actual production. Even then I had a 4 week delay.

Waiting sucks, but at least you get exactly what you want when you order then car.
That makes perfect sense. The timing for my car is basically such that I get my build number at the end of November, beginning of December, and my car is actually supposed to go into production at the beginning of January. So it leaves less than three weeks (if you count the Christmas holidays) between build number receipt and production.

PS. You're gonna have to tell me about all the places around the 'ring to visit!

Last edited by sawzall; 11-04-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #391
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That makes perfect sense. The timing for my car is basically such that I get my build number at the end of November, beginning of September, and my car is actually supposed to go into production at the beginning of January. So it leaves less than three weeks (if you count the Christmas holidays) between build number receipt and production.

PS. You're gonna have to tell me about all the places around the 'ring to visit!
You going to have an amazing time dude!!! Im uber jealous.
      11-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #392
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You going to have an amazing time dude!!! Im uber jealous.
Jealous too! Or maybe I'll tag along and rent something to drive the 'ring.

My build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PEQ5JVA9

I removed carbon fiber trim from that will not do euro delivery (would be pointless in late December).
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #393
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That's pretty weird! My dealership has confirmed my allocation number, and I will be getting my build number at the end of this month, so I can do an end of March ED. I know a few other people who are taking delivery of their cars in Canada at the end of March and they've got their build numbers already. If you don't have a build number yet, I highly doubt you'll get your car in January. If you have your build number, you should be able to get updated production/delivery dates from Porsche.

In any case, post a link to the configurator with the spec of your car!!! Here's a link to my build as it stands today http://www.porsche-code.com/PEGQDJ80. I may end up doing a red car if I trade-in my C2S but otherwise, i've pretty much finalized my spec.
Heated seats???? LOL.
      11-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #394
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Heated seats???? LOL.
Says the guy who parks his car on the street
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #395
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Says the guy who parks his car on the street
What you need heated seats for in a GT3? Especially if you going to be the race buckets in soon after.

There are more natural ways to heat your posterior.
      11-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #396
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
What you need heated seats for in a GT3? Especially if you going to be the race buckets in soon after.

There are more natural ways to heat your posterior.
This from the guy who came out with me for a session at Calabogie and had the seat heaters on full blast!!!

I believe even the sport bucket seats support heating (at least its an option on the EU cars).

Last edited by sawzall; 11-06-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0