BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

12-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep
Drives: Car Lover

BMW Invite: Buckets And Brunch LA... A New Sunday Morning Hang-Out (Northridge, CA)

I'd like to extend the invitation to this event to the E90 crowd... We're making an effort to bring out enthusiast groups and automotive companies as well, so if you are a part of either and would like to arrange to bring a group of cars or to display automotive product, please call the number listed on the flier.

As always, we your support of the event and your mature behavior in and around the event is greatly appreciated. The Orange Grove Bistro has been extremely gracious by inviting us and allowing this event to happen, so come by and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere which should be welcoming to ALL automotive enthusiasts!

Click Here For A Google Map!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep

Rain Or Shine

If we have rain, the Bistro will open its doors to allow us to congregate and hang out inside of their banquet hall (as well as offer the pastries, bagels, hot chocolate, coffee, etc)

I believe this is the only truly rain or shine event around!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Why is it that car shows in california are all so early in the morning? Why not the afternoon or evening? Just wondering. I get why Cars and Coffee is early, but why are all the newer shows imitating it?
      12-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Why is it that car shows in california are all so early in the morning? Why not the afternoon or evening? Just wondering. I get why Cars and Coffee is early, but why are all the newer shows imitating it?
The Bistro hosts banquets, meetings, etc which sometimes start at 11 or so (which is why the 10 o'clock end time isn't always firm), I'd love to do it later but we wouldn't be able to take up their lot with any kind of regularity.

But more generally, I think you'll find that most people use Sundays as their family/relaxation day... so doing early still allows for a full day to do whatever you'd like rather than consuming the entire day.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep

Looks like Weather.com has become increasingly optimistic about the weather for this weekend and only has it at a 30% chance of any rain at all on Sunday... they're calling it "Few Showers", so lets hope they keep moving in the positive direction!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep

The Weather Channel is predicting pre-sunrise showers and then partly cloudy skies during the time of the meet... Looks like we're going to get lucky!

For this week (12/13) and no other weeks, we'll be entering using the driveway on Zelzah Avenue (not Darby). Please exercise good judgment and caution when entering and leaving the lot.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep

We've been having an issue of seeing people driving past the area, not finding us, making a wrong turn, and then driving away... So we'll be putting up some signs to steer people in the right direction!

Hope to see everyone Sunday... it'll be a nice chance to get away from the family for a couple hours after the endless days of family-fun-time this week!

See everyone on Sunday and Merry Christmas!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
skottydzntkno
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i

pulled up to see how it would be
three cars great turnout llol
a 240, audi tt thats it...
went to northridge mall one instead
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
BucketsAndBrunch
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottydzntkno View Post
pulled up to see how it would be
three cars great turnout llol
a 240, audi tt thats it...
went to northridge mall one instead
Yeah, and I'll bet you stood around, staring at some stock Corvettes, didn't get approached by anyone, and felt like an outsider like most Euro people do at most of these meets...

If you're looking for the biggest turnout, this isn't the place for you... This meet is about the enthusiasts and every week so far, we've had a handful of great people and have all gotten to talk to each other about each other's cars, etc

Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Christmas with their friends and family!

I've heard from a handful of people that they'll be coming out tomorrow morning and the weather looks to be BEAUTIFUL! See everyone tomorrow...
Appreciate 0