BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

07-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
Kitsune
BMW Freshman
United_States
Rep
Drives: (Soon) '10 M3 E92

Individual Options /w Welt Pickup?

I read something about Individual Colors, etc., not being available in the US for one reason or another that dealt with something particular to the US and not Europe. So would it be possible to, if I go to Welt for pickup, be able to get those Individual options?

Would I need to, perhaps, order directly from them instead of with someone from the US and then just have it shipped over?

Is there any method, period, that could accomplish this goal? (M3 Coupe)

*Forgot to note I would be paying in full with a certified check (or whatever method they use over there).
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Jdebitjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 and 2015 M3 Sedans

They build the cars for the US market--regardless of where you pick it up. A few dealers are able to get special paint colors (at least). Looks like the going rate (from reading on this board) is about $5K for a special paint color.

Not sure if anyone was able to get any other special options offered in other countries, but $$$$ does talk these days.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
soonertrent
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: 2015 328 M-Sport

As a followup - one forum member recently picked up his 2009 Brilliant White M3 from a dealership in Austin, TX: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267672.

I think he mentioned the cost at about $5k as well which is in-line with what Kitsune mentioned. I believe it also adds several weeks to the delivery time because the plants only paint so many Individual colors per day.

What color were you thinking of by chance?
      07-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdebitjr View Post
They build the cars for the US market--regardless of where you pick it up. A few dealers are able to get special paint colors (at least). Looks like the going rate (from reading on this board) is about $5K for a special paint color.

Good luck.
Yep, that's how I see it. BMW NA needs to formalize this, it's effed the way it is now w/ dealer discretion.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Kitsune
BMW Freshman
United_States
Rep
Drives: (Soon) '10 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonertrent View Post
As a followup - one forum member recently picked up his 2009 Brilliant White M3 from a dealership in Austin, TX: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267672.

I think he mentioned the cost at about $5k as well which is in-line with what Kitsune mentioned. I believe it also adds several weeks to the delivery time because the plants only paint so many Individual colors per day.

What color were you thinking of by chance?
Well, considering the brochure seems to be a little old I can't be sure about a correct list of what is available.

So far I am looking into the Moonstone and Azurite Black. At least that's off the configuration preview page. I need to look at Onyx Blue too.
Appreciate 0