BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #23
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
I live off of my platinum card...
You mean you live off company expenses...
      09-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #24
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Well there is a way to get a free platinum card through Ameriprise financial. The catch? You need to have $500k invested.

http://www.ameriprise.com/amp/indivi...um-service.asp
      09-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #25
mklimis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Italian and German

So to get a Centurian Card you have to spend at least $250,000 a year on your AMEX, pay a joining of $5,000, then pay an annual fee of $2,500.

Besides being a status symbol, whats so exceptional about this card?

"Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise."
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #26
VQMotoring
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335, F430, CLS63 350ZRTT, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklimis View Post
So to get a Centurian Card you have to spend at least $250,000 a year on your AMEX, pay a joining of $5,000, then pay an annual fee of $2,500.

You do have to spend over 250k a year. As for the yearly fee, I had to pay $2500 to activate it and thats it. Never had any joining of 5k.. Screw that.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #27
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Well they don't publish the info online [Official Site] but the wikipedia entry has some info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card
      09-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #28
VQMotoring
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335, F430, CLS63 350ZRTT, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripster View Post
Well they don't publish the info online [Official Site] but the wikipedia entry has some info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card
Nice just read that.. Glad i didnt have to pay that(5k). Probably would'nt have done it for what you get.. You can do the same with the Platinum. I can tell you from first hand experience..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #29
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:

Hello... It's BLACK. Sheesh, Have to spell out everything?

It's another one of those, "I'm Special, here looky my card says so." Kind of things Americans have a deep seated desire to fill the hole in their lives where the Culture is supposed to go with trappings, Logo's, and fear that they aren't showing everyone just how successful they wish to appear often enough.

The Biggest advantage is the true lack of spending limit. Very handy for business owners, consultants etc that might genuinely need to "suddenly" spend $80k for something. A new machine tool, etc... Amex makes it much simpler to do this without wrangling with Wire transfers, Cashier Checks etc... 24/7 plus a bunch of other benefits I'm sure, other than the "hey I just impressed the Gas station attendant or waiter" thing of course.
      06-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #30
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
I had a platinum when I was working for Booz|Allen|Hamilton. Was very handy and like others have mentioned. Having access to a concierge, club rooms, etc was very handy and appreciated when traveling 40% of the time. Well worth the extra money.

Now though, they offer the Platinum card to everyone, just like they do the Gold Card. It's no longer a sign of good credit or anything else. They just want your $$$ and the Platinum card is running about $350 a year plus $150 I think it is for an additional card.

Now apparently if you want to impress folks you need a black card so you can post it up and attempt to impress some folks on the web... The Platinum and Gold cards just don't do it.
for Business it's $450 a year and $300 for additional member

Personally, I only take out the card when I am ready to pay for something and by then, everything is said and done. However, in Los Angeles, I know first hand the Black Amex is used as a networking tool and to leverage relationships. In fact, one guy was able to worm his way into one of the ventures I am involved in and became a partner primarily because of the recognition and respect the Black Amex carried. Well turns out he was not nearly as wealthy our resourceful as he had led everyone to believe.

So if you have one and you are an up and comer, it can definitely help you hustle and establish relationships. But I know now that any 6 figure working professional can manipulate his/her profile into getting an American Express Black card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD View Post
I think the Amex Platinum is a great card. The concierge service alone is probably worth the fee.

My wife had hotel reservations for a medical convention, but the hotel got things messed up and expected her to check in a day later. The whole city was booked up. After one call to Amex, they found a room in a nicer hotel, closer to the convention, and arranged for a car service to pick her up. She was at the other hotel with a complimentary room upgrade within 15 minutes.

We have also gotten tickets to sold out broadway shows (and they were very good seats).

The complimentary plane ticket works on any coach ticket over $250 within the US, or any first or business class international ticket. You buy one ticket, and they give you a 2nd one for free. The card also gives you access to most of the Airline Clubs, higher level memberships with all the major rental car agencies, and upgraded status with Starwood Hotels.

There are many more benefits available, but to long to list (and easily found on thier webpage).

The only benefits I use of the platinum are the airport lounge access and the $200 incidental/airline credit. Never used the concierge.

Is the Amex concierge better than Visa signature concierge? I've used Visa signature to book flights before.

Last edited by jasonn; 06-18-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
The people you are responding to have not been on this forum for several years.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Well shit I'm still here, but Dayum. I've seen some resurrections over the years but I was baffled for a minute, The Fu... When did I write this...

And yes this is a Magic Card...
      06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Hello... It's BLACK. Sheesh, Have to spell out everything?

It's another one of those, "I'm Special, here looky my card says so." Kind of things Americans have a deep seated desire to fill the hole in their lives where the Culture is supposed to go with trappings, Logo's, and fear that they aren't showing everyone just how successful they wish to appear often enough.

The Biggest advantage is the true lack of spending limit. Very handy for business owners, consultants etc that might genuinely need to "suddenly" spend $80k for something. A new machine tool, etc... Amex makes it much simpler to do this without wrangling with Wire transfers, Cashier Checks etc... 24/7 plus a bunch of other benefits I'm sure, other than the "hey I just impressed the Gas station attendant or waiter" thing of course.
Hell I'll quote myself, and say SELF, good to see you were always an asshole, even 6 years ago.... Good to see values holding up...