BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #23
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Well,you have to understand that taking your car in with a sensor issue is different than taking the car in with a blown motor or bent valves.
The dealer is not going out of there way to look if you are tuned unless the issue is related to an ECU modification.The factory rep will pull out the code and send it to Germany to verify that its a modified ECU before voiding your warranty.
So with that being said,you don't have to worry about taking your car to the dealer unless the issue is related to a Tune !
Dealers up here at least would note it's got a catless X pipe and call it in. We used to see it on the 335s depending on which dealer.

Niqui,

There is a bunch of Indie shops out in MTL (even though most would not trust him) that can scan it, even Part Source (CDN version of Autozone). I know Anthony (M3Montreal) might know of someone who can help you besides a dealer if you are worried about getting called out, as he has an X pipe as well.

Here in Ontario even my S/C customers go into the dealer with my referral with no hassles really, unless like IMG said you got a blown motor. Quebec I cannot confirm.

I am going to lean towards Mike's assumption as well, given the codes seem relevant to eachother.

FYI, if you are worried about getting re-flashed the tuner lock is not an issue for me anymore and I MIGHT be in MTL on Oct 1 for Importfest MTL.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
AJ@ESS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
That was with the Dinan tune. I'll see how the car is doing this coming cold season.
I can not speak for other companies software but you will not have this problem with ESS software when all the hardware is in proper working condition. If it is OK this coming winter, then it may just have been an anomaly in the Dinan software. If you experience this problem with the ESS setup as well, then I would look into hardware issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Hey Nick,

I had the same problem - happened sporadically at first then it seemed like every time I got in the car. For me it turned out to be the drivers side ABS Sensor - replaced and all fixed.

If I had the code and turned off the car - it would stay on when I started the car and then clear itself generally pulling out of the driveway. Sometimes it would come on during driving and then clear itself during the same trip.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Well,you have to understand that taking your car in with a sensor issue is different than taking the car in with a blown motor or bent valves.
The dealer is not going out of there way to look if you are tuned unless the issue is related to an ECU modification.The factory rep will pull out the code and send it to Germany to verify that its a modified ECU before voiding your warranty.
So with that being said,you don't have to worry about taking your car to the dealer unless the issue is related to a Tune !
Makes sense :P

All my issues have been with the convertible top getting stuck and an oil leak lol
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #27
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

if that happened to me it would go to dealer
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Makes sense :P

All my issues have been with the convertible top getting stuck and an oil leak lol
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #29
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport Automotive View Post
Dealers up here at least would note it's got a catless X pipe and call it in. We used to see it on the 335s depending on which dealer.

Niqui,

There is a bunch of Indie shops out in MTL (even though most would not trust him) that can scan it, even Part Source (CDN version of Autozone). I know Anthony (M3Montreal) might know of someone who can help you besides a dealer if you are worried about getting called out, as he has an X pipe as well.

Here in Ontario even my S/C customers go into the dealer with my referral with no hassles really, unless like IMG said you got a blown motor. Quebec I cannot confirm.

I am going to lean towards Mike's assumption as well, given the codes seem relevant to eachother.

FYI, if you are worried about getting re-flashed the tuner lock is not an issue for me anymore and I MIGHT be in MTL on Oct 1 for Importfest MTL.
thanks johnny
and jaypod
yeah, my dealer is pretty cool with me, so ill call him and get him to scan it and see if a sensor is screwed....

i guess ill bring it in, thanks a lot guys
really appreciate it.

hasnt come on since that day though...