BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

BPM

03-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
I for one agree with the min post count ... it also keeps spammers out. A lot of bigger forums use that as a way to keep spammers away such as 6speedonline, EvolutionM, just to name a few.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #24
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
I do agree, I'll bring it up with the rest. We were also thinking of a minimum posts rule before one qualifies to post an FS listing in the marketplace. Thanks
+1, good idea on min post.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #25
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
This thread went into a different direction than anticipated. I like noobs or lurkers in the FS threads.

1. 75% of my sales go to noobs/lurkers. They just shoot a PM, pay and it's done. Nobody ever knows they are there. I guess min post count does not prevent these folks from PMing me, so whatever.
2. Noobs/Lurkers look for the QUICK SALE. Most of the their sales are really, really cheap as well.
3. Noob/Lurkers are the ones who get in accidents and then go to FS threads looking for OEM bumpers, side skirts, etc. We need them!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #26
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Minimum post count and the seller HAS to put the price he's selling it for. Theres a thread selling a pair of Gucci shoes.

Seller says "Make me an offer".
Potential buyer says "$50".
Seller says "For what? The shoe laces?".

This is ridiculous. Other forums I've been to have rules for private sales. A minimum post count to keep the theivery down and a price to avoid bidding wars AND arguments.

It just makes sense.
      04-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #27
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Minimum post count and the seller HAS to put the price he's selling it for. Theres a thread selling a pair of Gucci shoes.

Seller says "Make me an offer".
Potential buyer says "$50".
Seller says "For what? The shoe laces?".

This is ridiculous. Other forums I've been to have rules for private sales. A minimum post count to keep the theivery down and a price to avoid bidding wars AND arguments.

It just makes sense.

+1 man...

Will the Moderators stop scratching their ass and regulate that forum? If you post something up for sale, POST A PRICE...and provide pics within a couple hours if you can. this ain't ebay, we are not here to make offers, and often time i throw in my offer and it doesn't get responded...

should be like supra forum, if you post a for sale thread, and u don't list the price, they lock that shit up and give u warning...just a suggestion

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #28
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

At the very least, if you're going to have a thread where you look for offers, put FEELER in the title, because you arent selling anything.

As far as noobs/lurkers, they should have their own subsection with more requirements (pictures and a firm price) than the rest of us.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #29
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

+1 I agree with approaching it this way as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
At the very least, if you're going to have a thread where you look for offers, put FEELER in the title, because you arent selling anything.

As far as noobs/lurkers, they should have their own subsection with more requirements (pictures and a firm price) than the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 04:21 AM   #30
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Back from the dead.

Has the mods decided on a resolution to this little dilemma we have here? We still have people thinking this is an auction site and are trying to start bidding wars.

Another example below. This guy got his asking price, yet because he has people offering him a bit more, he now wants to find who will pay the most for it. I mean really? starting a bidding war because someone offered to pay $5 more then the next guy? Seems stupid and childish to me. IMO, the price you list is the price you are willing to sell. If you are stupid and post a low price because you didnt do your research on the "market value" of your product, then thats your problem.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barat View Post
Hey guys,I've received a lot of pms and quite frankly didn't know it would be so popular (didn't know it was backordered). To be fair (and as a tribute to capitalism ) it will go to the highest offer.please pm me your offers if interested. btw it is the pnp version with the connectors but without the mapswitcher which I am sure rick will sell you seperatly if u ask as he's a really cool guy.I payed 399.00 shipping included as it was the first batch.http://www.rixeffects.com/p3/ventgauge
      02-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #31
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

I also think that prices should be posted and honored in for sale threads. Just imagine what would happen if one of our sponsors posted a price, received more orders than anticipated and became sold out of the item, and then came back and said "Sorry guys I got too many requests for the item, so I'm cancelling all orders. The new price is $xxx." I'm sure the mods would step in and perhaps have their sponsorship revoked.
      03-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #32
kptaylor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Agree completely. Feeler threads and ones with no prices need to be locked and the poster warned. Either you're selling at a certain price or GTFO...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #33
kptaylor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Any update on how the forum plans to address FS items that are "feelers" or no posted price? How about a separate bidding section so no one feels left out? I prefer to see an ad with a price and no BS when that price is met.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #34
blakjack23
Major
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Garage List
'06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptaylor View Post
Agree completely. Feeler threads and ones with no prices need to be locked and the poster warned. Either you're selling at a certain price or GTFO...
+1

When is something going to be done about this?

'06 325i - AT (bite me!) - Jet Black - Black leatherette - Aluminum Trim - Blacklines - 189's - M3 Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #35
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post

My $0.02. Views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the admins and other moderators.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #36
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjack23 View Post
+1

When is something going to be done about this?
i agree but wait till you are in this situation i will feel out each thread...
thanks,
d
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #37
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Yeah, I see this throw me offers BS all the time. Post a price or GTFO

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #38
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

There are a lot of shit wrong with the marketplace but really no solutions for them. It's pretty much up to the seller. I mean if someone calls first dibs I would assume that that person gets the first say. Unless he/she backs out, the seller shouldn't go to the next person. I know some on here will sell it to whomever pays first without giving those that came before a chance.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #39
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

This is unethical in the least. They have to post a concrete price or try to solicit offers below that if there is no interest, things like this put a damper on a fun experience.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #40
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

bump this! I don't want to bid against other members. Its lame

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 01:26 AM   #41
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Bump for another shady seller.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5095799

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyAutoDesign View Post
WTS My Procede Rev II with canbus update.
Asking $750, pm if interested.
Thanks,
Izzy

This is PnP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
I'll take it Izzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyAutoDesign View Post
Honestly, you can each just pm me an offer, and i'll go to the highest offer. No back and forth b.s. lol
      05-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #42
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
and hes a vendor. even more shady...

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #43
ZFF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

I bought an item off the Marketplace here, it went well.

Tried to sell a few, and it was a disaster. A learning experience, but a mess.

On other boards I'm on, when someone posts "I'll take it," it means, ummmm, they have agreed to buy the item.

I got more than a few of those on the items I was selling, including follow up PMs with "consider it sold" and "I'll come pick up this weekend."

So, dumb me, I take it off the market and turn down other buyers.

Not ONE person from E90post followed through on their word. Not one. All flakes.

That was an eye opener.

So I put the stuff up on Clist and sold within a few days to real cash buyers.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #44
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Welcome to the real world. I can't stop someone who is selling an item from deciding he wants to sell it for more to someone else or somewhere else. I'm all about improving the forum, but you have to be realistic, I am not god and can't control what people do with their own property. I *highly* doubt that forcing someone to list a selling price will stop them from deciding he wants to sell it for more to someone else. I can just make a rule and say everyone has to list a price, but if I can't enforce it then its a useless rule. People will just say a price, and if they decide they want more for the item, they will lie and say its sold or come up with some other way out of it.

Also this thread is not the place to try and call out members who are selling items. If you aren't interested in bidding on someone's item then move on and don't give them your business.

In another thread someone made a constructive post and pointed out a nice product that has the classifieds listed in a more ebay style (but without the bidding part. And it forces people to list a selling price), Im looking into that now and I'm going to contract the writers of the software for some customizations. It looks promising, but the problem is that there doesnt seem to be any bumping ability which means there will be probably 10x the number of reposts which will take the quality of items listed on the first page down alot. So far there is no ideal solution, but I do firmly believe in a 'free market' and just because you can't get an item for a price that you want it for, doesn't give you the right to bitch and moan at a seller. Deceptive practices is a whole other ballgame, but just because a seller wants alot of money for what he is selling doesn't mean he is doing anything wrong. The marketplace will tell him he is asking for too much, etc..

I will keep looking for a more ideal solution that includes a mix of forcing people to list a price, but it needs to be something systematized and not just a 'rule' that I throw out there without enforcement. Give it time and we'll come up with something unique, just as we did for the vendors area.
Appreciate 0