BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
This thread still going on?

Either you have issues or you don't know what Snell and DOT rated is.

Been using mine for 3 years... no complaint for me.. Feels and fit great..
Which helmet is that? New FULL FACE helmet for fifty bucks?!
      11-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #24
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Just out of pure curiosity, at what facility do you use the aformentioned helmet?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #25
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Also, the Snell 2010 helmet has not been around for 3 years. First models came out late 2010. Maybe you have an older 2005 helmet, which could have had a closeout price.
      11-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerox445 View Post
Just out of pure curiosity, at what facility do you use the aformentioned helmet?
Sacramento speedway, Infineon raceway, 3 different go kart facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave1heart View Post
Also, the Snell 2010 helmet has not been around for 3 years. First models came out late 2010. Maybe you have an older 2005 helmet, which could have had a closeout price.
Yep, that is what I have. The 05 one.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #27
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sacramento speedway, Infineon raceway, 3 different go kart facility

Yep, that is what I have. The 05 one.
OK. WHICH ONE?
      11-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #28
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
Rep

Quote:
There is a huge difference between getting a higher teir helmet that has been lightly used or a new/leftover model year before a new cert at a great price, vs. a bottom of the line cheapo/knockoff that happens to claim to be rated.

I can't imagine anyone hating on you if you got a good deal on a helmet. Something like that is right up my alley, I am all for cutting costs where I can, but not at the expense of safety or comfort.

But to portray the idea that your going to be as comfortable or dare I say "safe" as a $200 dollar unit vs. a $50 dollar "new" helmet is a farce. I don't even think a $50 current rated SA helmet exists. I know I assumed you were referring to a brand new "current rated" helmet for $50, and I would imagine others were too as you made no indication of how you obtained this "$50 dollar helmet".

As stated before, the higher end models are much easier to wear for longer periods, easier to concentrate in, and at the very least, you can file it under "I spent an extra 150 bucks on "driver-mod".
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #29
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
OK. WHICH ONE?
I got to dig it up in my closet. Put it away since season is almost over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerox445 View Post
There is a huge difference between getting a higher teir helmet that has been lightly used or a new/leftover model year before a new cert at a great price, vs. a bottom of the line cheapo/knockoff that happens to claim to be rated.
Still crying about this?

How is mine a cheapo/knockoff? I bought this in 2008 when Snell 2010 didn't cease to exist yet. From what I remember, Snell 2005 and Snell 2010 undergoes the same tests.

Why don't you go do some research on what Snell 2005 is before you talk out of your ass like you usually do.

http://www.smf.org/standards/m/2005/m2005_final#A

Quote:
I can't imagine anyone hating on you if you got a good deal on a helmet. Something like that is right up my alley, I am all for cutting costs where I can, but not at the expense of safety or comfort.
Either you have reading problems or you just don't understand what "meets federal regulation" means..

Quote:
But to portray the idea that your going to be as comfortable or dare I say "safe" as a $200 dollar unit vs. a $50 dollar "new" helmet is a farce. I don't even think a $50 current rated SA helmet exists. I know I assumed you were referring to a brand new "current rated" helmet for $50, and I would imagine others were too as you made no indication of how you obtained this "$50 dollar helmet".
A more expensive helmet doesn't mean it will be a safer helmet.

Quote:
As stated before, the higher end models are much easier to wear for longer periods, easier to concentrate in, and at the very least, you can file it under "I spent an extra 150 bucks on "driver-mod".
To each of their own. I don't own a bike. I don't use this on a daily basis. I only use it a few times a year. It meets track regulation and meets federal safety regulation. That is all I need.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #30
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
Rep

Quote:
I got to dig it up in my closet. Put it away since season is almost over.

Still crying about this?

How is mine a cheapo/knockoff? I bought this in 2008 when Snell 2010 didn't cease to exist yet. From what I remember, Snell 2005 and Snell 2010 undergoes the same tests.

Why don't you go do some research on what Snell 2005 is before you talk out of your ass like you usually do.

http://www.smf.org/standards/m/2005/m2005_final#A

Either you have reading problems or you just don't understand what "meets federal regulation" means..

A more expensive helmet doesn't mean it will be a safer helmet.

To each of their own. I don't own a bike. I don't use this on a daily basis. I only use it a few times a year. It meets track regulation and meets federal safety regulation. That is all I need.
You missed the entire point of my post.

I am not saying your helmet is a cheapo/knockoff. Like I stated, if you got a good deal on a SA2005, more power too you. My helmet is also a SA2005, and I did the same.

But you continue to infer you can spend $50 on any helmet that has a sticker on it, and be "all good". Thats simply not the case. Again...if your getting a deal on a helmet, thats pro. I'm the first one to try to save money on whatever I can.

It seems your the one with the reading comprehension problem. No one is talking out of their ass besides you. Get over yourself track master.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #31
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep

The thread is titled "For You Track/AutoX Junkies: Best Snell 2010 Helmet For Your Money"
      11-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #32
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

Quote:
Curious if anyone else has tried the Zeronine Z9-APX helmet by now? What was your experience with it?
I have a zeronine I paid about $150 for, I don't know which model it is. So far have used it for a track day and autox, very comfortable. It's a Snell 2010 rated (for motorcycles).
Appreciate 0