BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

01-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Little Encounter With An M3 on Tuesday

Sorry guys for posting this story so late but I been busy with things at work and only now did I get some free time to post this story. Happy New Year to everyone!

So as I get in my car Tuesday morning I notice I am already running behind as I begin my lovely commute to work. Not sure if anyone on this forum is familiar with traveling on 495 getting out of the Hoboken/Weehawken area but around 7:30AM it is a complete disaster. As I finally merge on 495 I notice this Roush Mustang along side of me with its dramatic body kit and air vent for the supercharger on the top of its hood. Finally I get to the point were I finally merge on RT 3 and I nail the throttle, out of frustration from the traffic, at 40mph and I am at warp speed noticing the Roush Mustang behind me traveling fast as well. I let off the throttle as I realize it’s the morning commute and there are a lot of cars on the road so I signaled into the middle lane. Eventually the Roush Mustang passes me but makes no sign that he wants to play so I continue to sip my Red Bull as I drive to work. When I am driving I never look to race anyone however sometimes in the heat of the moment when your adrenaline gets going I get easily sucked into it. Eventually I decide that the clown in front of me is going to slow so I get in the left lane behind the Roush. However, I see the Roush signal back to the middle lane revealing a Jet Black E92 M3 now in front of me. Even though I have seen several M3 (Coupes, Verts, Sedans) this is was the first time I was in my car (gf TSX is my beater while my brothers 04 Audi S4 is for snow commutes) in the same direction of traffic so I figure my commute would get interesting. All of sudden I put the Red Bull down and quickly get along side the M3. I kept looking over to see who was driving it and to see if he noticed what was along side him. The driver looked like he was in his mid to early 30’s. His car at least from what I could see had not exterior mods while my windows are tinted 35% ( I don’t really consider window tinting a mod). Anyways I had all intentions of giving the guy a thumbs up as a friendly gesture from a fellow car enthusiast, but all he did was stare straight ahead. Considering I was running late to work I wasn’t going to waste my time with this guy so I saw an opening in the right lane and blasted around the car in front of me in the middle lane. Eventually I am in the left lane by Giant stadium cruising and I can see the M3 behind me. At this point I can see both the M3 and now the previous Roush Mustang in my rear view mirror building up speed. I wait for the M3 to get closer before I nail the throttle from around 55MPH. With the transmission in sport mode I went from 7th to 3rd gear and was nervous the ESP would go off because my rear Pirelli tires are virtually bald at 8,500 miles (New tires should be here by Friday). I made a few quick lane changes but it was clear the driver of the M3 didn’t want to play. Again I pull into the middle lane and continue on my commute as I realize there is just to many cars on the road and I take another sip of my Red Bull. Eventually the M3 gets along side me in the left lane but once again the driver just stares straight ahead and pulls away. Of course it’s my luck that the person in the middle lane is driving way to slow so I signal to left lane and get behind the M3. We are now by the Clifton Commons mall area which is a straight stretch of road and I can see the M3 hits the middle lane as he sees an opening. Immediately I’m sucked in and I follow him like a shadow. The M3 driver sees an opening in the right lane and hits it but from my experience I always know the right lane gets backed up and people must brake often due to cars merging on to the highway so I decide to go left and let off the gas. As expected I see the M3 driver slam on his brakes to avoid rear ending the guy in front of him. Finally I see the guy makes a quick exit some where in Clifton and my first encounter with a M3 is quickly over. I figured the M3 driver was a car enthusiast and would at least acknowledge with a thumbs up or smile, but it could be this guy was just having a rough morning.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

I would have acknowledged with a thumbs up, then proceeded to destroy your C63!

hahahah....just messin man....nice post...enjoyed the read!

You mean to tell me he didn't even glance at you in the C63?? With all the M3 vs C63 talk, you'd figure he def give you a glance and mabye engage a bit....
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post

You mean to tell me he didn't even glance at you in the C63?? With all the M3 vs C63 talk, you'd figure he def give you a glance and mabye engage a bit....
When i see C63's i expect 40+ year olds. So I wouldn't really have a response either
      01-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
jaserion
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Onsh'mo...

can you tell if he's white or asian? lol. if he's an asian dude, then it's me. if he's a white dude, then he's another roche employee. both of us drive jb e92 m3, and commute on rt 3 at that time frame.

very seldom that i "play" while driving on rt3. and especially tinted cars, i dont normally acknowledge them as they always wanted to race. i'm not a street racing type! >_<
2008 E92 M3 - Gone
2006 E90 325i - Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
When i see C63's i expect 40+ year olds. So I wouldn't really have a response either
hahahah.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
...so I continue to sip my Red Bull as I drive to work. When I am driving I never look to race anyone however sometimes in the heat of the moment when your adrenaline gets going I get easily sucked into it.
sure it wasn't the Red Bull so early in the morning giving you the rush? Nice story....wow 8,500miles and you already need new tires I think your having too much fun

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

My understanding is that the monstrous torque that the C63 puts out eats up rear tires...even if your easy on the throttle!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
I would have acknowledged with a thumbs up, then proceeded to destroy your C63!

hahahah....just messin man....nice post...enjoyed the read!

No he just kept looking straight ahead. Like I said before he probably was having a rough morning. Maybe the roar of the C63 exhaust woke him up!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That would be like me saying when I see a M3 I expect its being driven by a tool with no friends and who hasn't gotten laid in over a year. Sorry for being harsh there, but that is kind of ignorant what you said ,but it is your opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaserion View Post
can you tell if he's white or asian? lol. if he's an asian dude, then it's me. if he's a white dude, then he's another roche employee. both of us drive jb e92 m3, and commute on rt 3 at that time frame.

very seldom that i "play" while driving on rt3. and especially tinted cars, i dont normally acknowledge them as they always wanted to race. i'm not a street racing type! >_<
He was white. No I understand what you are saying that highway is way to crowded especially in the morning. People are always hitting their brakes every minute regardless of the distance they are behind the car in front of them.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
sure it wasn't the Red Bull so early in the morning giving you the rush? Nice story....wow 8,500miles and you already need new tires I think your having too much fun
I'm not a coffee drinking guy even though sometimes I will make espresso at work so the Red Bull does the trick. However when I do go out I prefer to mix Rock Star with my vodka (nothing lower then Absolut or I will have a nasty hang over) as it certainly energizes me for the night ahead. Reminds me of the good old Djais days in Belmar!

Yea I am just over 8,500 miles and the rear PZero's are like slicks. Today I am waiting to hear my new set of rears have arrived. My girlfriend's father has some clients who are in the auto industry so I am getting the PZero's for just over $250 a tire compared to the $400+ the MB stealership wants. My fronts are in very good condition but I am curious to see if this second set of rears will last before the fronts are bald. Looking forward to getting a set of Michelin PS2's with 265 in the rear!

Oh BTW. So today I am making the right turn coming off River Road (Port Imperial Rd) and I am at the light by the Port Authority Police station by the Lincoln tunnel around 10AM and what do I see but another E92 M3. This one was Interlagos Blue with tints, and smoked taillights. We were both heading west on 495 out of the Hoboken area but he went left on to the turnpike and I went right on to RT 3. My car was almost on empty so I had to find a gas station plus I was going into the office. Is that you or anyone on here? I like how the smoke taillights looked with Interlagos as it is one of my favorite //M colors.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

My good friend has a C63, bone stock (with tints ) and in a straight line that car pulls...so I think you would have smoked the M3 to be honest. ON a track, its a different story!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That would be like me saying when I see a M3 I expect its being driven by a tool with no friends and who hasn't gotten laid in over a year. Sorry for being harsh there, but that is kind of ignorant what you said ,but it is your opinion.
yes, your entitled to your opinion. But why would m3 owners have no friends?? and havent gotten laid in over a year?? that makes no sense, Please back up your opinion. Plus isnt there an article that shows BMW owners have sex more than any other owners??? lmao. Don't hate, all I said is I wouldn't respond to any C CLasses because i think its mostly old people, and its true, you can just go out check.

Last edited by BIGNTASTIE; 01-09-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
My good friend has a C63, bone stock (with tints ) and in a straight line that car pulls...so I think you would have smoked the M3 to be honest. ON a track, its a different story!
I agree with SlammedM3, my brother in law has a stock C63 and though we've never officially raced, when we're following each other I can never seem to get him off my tail. It's definitely a fast sedan.

The two cars have two completely different images and build purposes and they suit each owner differently. Both wonderful machines and both noteworthy of the car enthusiasts nod of respect from one another.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineweissM3 View Post
My understanding is that the monstrous torque that the C63 puts out eats up rear tires...even if your easy on the throttle!!
thats seems to be true base on a youtube I saw showing the rear tires thread and re-enforce steel shuttered in pcs
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

yes, your entitled to your opinion. But why would m3 owners have no friends?? and havent gotten laid in over a year?? that makes no sense, Please back up your opinion. Plus isnt there an article that shows BMW owners have sex more than any other owners??? lmao. Don't hate, all I said is I wouldn't respond to any C CLasses because i think its mostly old people, and its true, you can just go out check.
I was making a comment using the reference of the Top Gear episode (Comparison of C63, M3, RS4) where he Clarkson stereotypes M3 drives as having no friends and being snobs. I think you misunderstood my response to you. Your original post that you expect to see a 40 year old driving a C63 is nothing more then opinion and most likely based on no facts at all considering I drive constantly in the NY/NJ Metro area and till this day only seen one other C63. Thats why I countered with my comment, however I did once know a kid who drove his dad's E46 M3 and would fit my stereotype of an M3 driver. I'm not hating at all as I was joking about my stereotype of M3 owners. I respect the M3, and it loyal enthusiast base as no other groups of drivers are that knowledgeable as they are for the most part. But really where did you ever see an article like that? I find such an article very skeptical ,until I read it, as in general BMW's are known more for performance and handling while Mercedess luxury and styling are there strength. So figure you take your average gold digger at Tenjune or Buddah Bar in NYC on a Friday or Saturday night. I would believe if I was going to get laid based on what car I drive and I had to choose any BMW or Mercedes I take my chances with the Merc!

Also saying a C63 is nothing more then a C-class is just like saying an M3 is a 3 series. Both cars are derived from there respective base models. Mute point.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
The reason I made my OP was purely for entertainment value. I'm sure some member's just like I find stories like this very entertaining and interesting. Like I said in the OP I wanted to give the guy the thumbs up. I wasn't looking to bate him into a race (as that wasn't my intention) when I pulled along side of him. Sometimes its just the heat of the moment when you get little adrenaline going and you get itchy with the throttle.

I am seriously debating not upgrading my ECU on my car because I think I will get carried away with the extra power. Can you imagine the power of a Renntech ECU tuned C63 with 511hp? Modern Horsepower another tuner claims 540hp (436rwhp) at the crank from there ECU/TCU tune along with filters and thermal gaskets for roughly $4500. Thats scary.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
It's my experience that people with tints aren't the enthusiasts in my area, they are the assholes. Not saying you are but you can't really give a thumbs up to someone you can't see to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 DCT AW/PS

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
2002 318i Compact  [0.00]
Hi MikeG
in any case the read was great and worth my time for the short story
I BTW do greet or aknowledge AMG cars of all types except the SUVs & MLs (to me as senseless as X3 or X5 & X6s) but anyway.. I like the new C63 and find it the best that AMG has ever made when it comes to comparing to the M3.
I have driven the Merc and must say it whips ass ! And yes, on a straight line it will beat an M3 6 Speed by miles if the M3 driver is not on his up & up. I have great times driving along sides with AMG drivers too, we appreciate the cars for what they are.
I would have greeted you, and yes M3 drivers have more sex !!
      01-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was making a comment using the reference of the Top Gear episode (Comparison of C63, M3, RS4) where he Clarkson stereotypes M3 drives as having no friends and being snobs. I think you misunderstood my response to you. Your original post that you expect to see a 40 year old driving a C63 is nothing more then opinion and most likely based on no facts at all considering I drive constantly in the NY/NJ Metro area and till this day only seen one other C63. Thats why I countered with my comment, however I did once know a kid who drove his dad's E46 M3 and would fit my stereotype of an M3 driver. I'm not hating at all as I was joking about my stereotype of M3 owners. I respect the M3, and it loyal enthusiast base as no other groups of drivers are that knowledgeable as they are for the most part. But really where did you ever see an article like that? I find such an article very skeptical ,until I read it, as in general BMW's are known more for performance and handling while Mercedess luxury and styling are there strength. So figure you take your average gold digger at Tenjune or Buddah Bar in NYC on a Friday or Saturday night. I would believe if I was going to get laid based on what car I drive and I had to choose any BMW or Mercedes I take my chances with the Merc!

Also saying a C63 is nothing more then a C-class is just like saying an M3 is a 3 series. Both cars are derived from there respective base models. Mute point.
You obviously haven't been out on Friday,Saturday nights cuz Actually younger women would perfer m3 over C63 anyday. All the girls i know think the C class is one ugly car compared to the e92 3 Series. Don't get me wrong, i never said Old people drive Merc's. Merc's are def hot, especially with the new SL,S's,CLS's and CL's. but NOT the C class, We can go to any bar any night and ask 10 girls, im 100% sure at least 8 will say the m3 > c63 in styling.

Btw- gold diggers wouldnt choose either an m3/c63. They go for much higher. And yes they probably would choose the Merc, but again, not the C class.
      01-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #21
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Btw heres one of the articles on bimmer owners get laid more.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...9B232&set_id=1

it's all over the place, you can probably find thousands of posts on these bimmer forums. just do a simple google
      01-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #22
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You obviously haven't been out on Friday,Saturday nights cuz Actually younger women would perfer m3 over C63 anyday. All the girls i know think the C class is one ugly car compared to the e92 3 Series. Don't get me wrong, i never said Old people drive Merc's. Merc's are def hot, especially with the new SL,S's,CLS's and CL's. but NOT the C class, We can go to any bar any night and ask 10 girls, im 100% sure at least 8 will say the m3 > c63 in styling.

Btw- gold diggers wouldnt choose either an m3/c63. They go for much higher. And yes they probably would choose the Merc, but again, not the C class.
Ok Buddy.
Appreciate 0