BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

01-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
taleof2bricks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Enjoyable even in "limp" mode

Half way up a local mountain, for our holiday trip, the DSC warning light came on. The car went into "limp" mode, with the redline dropping to around 5k. The power was reduced significantly, but I didn't see a reason to turn around and head home. I didn't push it, but on the highway coming home, the car cruised at 70mph, far from limping.

I took the car to the dealership this morning, and the problem was found to be the intake manifold pressure sensor. I guess there is no fault code/warning light for this one! The dealer ordered the part and returned my car to me in the meantime. I will take it easy until I get it switched out.

I also advised them that the windshield washer fluid light came on, and they found the "washer pump seal leaking". Per the service write up, they "removed left front tire and inner fender well, removed washer pump, replaced seal, reinstalled pump, fender well trim and wheel..." (all in less than 3 hours!)

I have had nothing but great service from Shelly BMW, and I didn't turn down the offer to wash my car (despite nightmares others have reported). I usually wash my own baby, but they did a better job than I have ever done! My 2008 with 37k looks brand new!

Nice that all of these minor "gremlins" are being taken care of before my car goes out of warranty in September.

Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
That's what she said.
Came in to post this. Leaving satisfied!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleof2bricks View Post
Nice that all of these minor "gremlins" are being taken care of before my car goes out of warranty in September.

Happy New Year!
No better warning sign then this ... smart move to check a car out from top to bottom just before warranty expiration date. I did this way back with our 1987 e28 it did pay off ... I recall at that time I paid around $55- (bet this sort of inspection today would be around $200- still a good investment I figure if one has a 2008 and plans to keep her) for that inspection and it did pay off, best thing I ever did ... the e28 is still serving us well and now has close to 250K miles on the odometer.

So yes pay attention to them there limp modes

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Came in to post this. Leaving satisfied!
I guess there was no urge for a smoke

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Leaving satisfied!
That's what she said.