BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-31-2014, 11:37 PM   #45
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
I am sorry were you saying something. I wasnt really concerned
Excellent humor, not. Keep it up, I ain't tired yet.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 12:31 AM   #46
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
It really doesn't matter if that particular definition applies to our discussion or not. I firmly say it isn't the best definition but isn't all wrong either. But it is largely irrelevant to me being right and you being wrong. THERE IS NO EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE, PERIOD. That was YOUR bloody definition. Oh well, keep grasping at straws...

Well I guess holding your feet to the fire is uncomfortable. If you want to speak something meaningful instead of meta-post drivel bring the specifics. There is so much interpretation in this drivel I can barely stomach it. If you want to make a point rather than flap you lips provide:

-What was out of context in this debate?
-How did I invent my own meaning? Because your dictionary definition does not fit the appropriate context of this discussion? Again see my first point just above.
-What did I remove from what you said?
-How is my rebuttal based on a discussion that did not occur.

Keep it in this thread.

DRIVEL, unbelievable, nothing but drivel.

Yeah, when you can't win just resort to complete mischaracterizations. You can say it as many times as you like, there is no chest beating. I'm being factual, clear and I've made my point. All while remaining rather calm and collected and I haven't resorting to an insults.

This whole debate here in this thread is simple. You present your hypothesis as something firm, known and factual. It isn't. There is nothing really left to discuss.
I see you're still claiming to be smarter than a dictionary. I didn't bother to read anything else except the last few lines. You really believe all that about yourself? Please don't answer. I'd ask you about 10 more questions about your inconsistencies, but I don't really care to hear more self-serving answers. I'm just here to help people understand their cars, and I will continue to explain things in language they understand.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #47
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

We should open a new subforum called "Regular guy vs Swamp2", which I and, I`m sure, mamy others will never visit. But at least we dont come to the Engine subforum and accidentally get in the cross fire of this constant battle.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #48
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:

flap you lips

I think it is swamp2 who is flapping his lips and contributing drivel.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #49
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
I see you're still claiming to be smarter than a dictionary. I didn't bother to read anything else except the last few lines. You really believe all that about yourself? Please don't answer. I'd ask you about 10 more questions about your inconsistencies, but I don't really care to hear more self-serving answers. I'm just here to help people understand their cars, and I will continue to explain things in language they understand.
Keep up the contradictions, you obviously read my whole post. You're too funny. You can barely speak without making a contradiction. The whole point is that this isn't about me or about you. It is about fact vs. speculation and one thing I've been long known for around here is elucidating subtleties, fighting misperceptions and helping to bring some decent science/engineering into a domain where it too often is not present. I'll keep up this hobby as long as you keep presenting speculation as fact. Thanks Mr. M3 forum unofficial Mr. Populist. Cheers.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:42 AM   #50
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:

one thing I've been long known for around here is elucidating subtleties, fighting misperceptions and helping to bring some decent science/engineering
No, you are not a superhero. You are so full of yourself that the "you know what" is just oozing out. Try arrogant, argumentative, pedantic and insufferable if you want some adjectives for a self-description.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #51
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerZ32 View Post
We should open a new subforum called "Regular guy vs Swamp2", which I and, I`m sure, mamy others will never visit. But at least we dont come to the Engine subforum and accidentally get in the cross fire of this constant battle.
Ahh yep, another day in the Engine subforum. It's to the point where if I have issues, I'd rather text forum members than post something here.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #52
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Ahh yep, another day in the Engine subforum. It's to the point where if I have issues, I'd rather text forum members than post something here.
      06-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #53
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
No, you are not a superhero. You are so full of yourself that the "you know what" is just oozing out. Try arrogant, argumentative, pedantic and insufferable if you want some adjectives for a self-description.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #54
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Xxx
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #55
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Keep up the contradictions, you obviously read my whole post.
I didn't...but it sounds like you wish I did.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #56
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #57
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Oh the irony....

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #58
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Oh the irony....
Some of us have too much time on our hands.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #59
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Oh the irony....
Some of us have too much time on our hands.
Couldn't agree with you more!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #60
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
Because sociopath.

Just wanted to try that too. Definitely not as good as because racecar.
I see what you did there...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #61
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Yawn, here we go again
Good call to sit this one out. Heehee
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #62
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
It really doesn't matter if that particular definition applies to our discussion or not. I firmly say it isn't the best definition but isn't all wrong either. But it is largely irrelevant to me being right and you being wrong. THERE IS NO EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE, PERIOD. That was YOUR bloody definition. Oh well, keep grasping at straws...

Well I guess holding your feet to the fire is uncomfortable. If you want to speak something meaningful instead of meta-post drivel bring the specifics. There is so much interpretation in this drivel I can barely stomach it. If you want to make a point rather than flap you lips provide:

-What was out of context in this debate?
-How did I invent my own meaning? Because your dictionary definition does not fit the appropriate context of this discussion? Again see my first point just above.
-What did I remove from what you said?
-How is my rebuttal based on a discussion that did not occur.

Keep it in this thread.

Yeah, when you can't win just resort to complete mischaracterizations. You can say it as many times as you like, there is no chest beating. I'm being factual, clear and I've made my point. All while remaining rather calm and collected and I haven't resorting to an insults.

This whole debate here in this thread is simple. You present your hypothesis as something firm, known and factual. It isn't. There is nothing really left to discuss.
It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #63
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
And the actual measured tolerances for both the journals and bearings all show incredibly tight tolerances. Thus there is no observational evidence whatsoever supporting this speculation as the true cause. Yes, again, beating the dead horse... The hypothesis seems reasonable on the surface and I agree it is probably the best hypothesis we have yet, but it is a very long way from being able to be elevated to an actual theory...
I don't know about all this "hypothesis" and "actual theory" book smart scientist classification B.S.
Hell, every M3 engine I have read about that blew up ended up being bearing failure.
Plus we have massive research from Regularguy etc. that shows we have obvious clearance issues....this is cause and effect, probability and deduction. Don't need anything else...

I had a friend with a CTSV that had supercharger problems....people argued against it like Swamp on their forums too saying it was this and that and blah blah blah. Others found the highest probability of the cause and effect and guess what....probability wins out again..http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...aro-zl1-models

If BMW had balls they would step up like Chevy and come out with the truth...

Last edited by M3-S65; 06-06-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #64
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Looks like someone just got voted off the island.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #65
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
I had a friend with a CTSV that had supercharger problems....people argued against it like Swamp on their forums too saying it was this and that and blah blah blah. Others found the highest probability of the cause and effect and guess what....probability wins out again..http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...aro-zl1-models

If BMW had balls they would step up like Chevy and come out with the truth...
I'm impressed that Chevy would step up and fix that supercharger issue on their dime. I can't imagine BMW doing that for the S65 rod bearings. If a significant number of these do fail over time it will devalue the E9x M3 something fierce, especially the cars out-of-warranty that are actually driven every week by their owners.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #66
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy
Quote:
+1
Apparently you missed the irony here, so I quoted it for you. Although redundancy doesn't seem to matter when one attempts to make you realize when you're wrong. That's been clearly demonstrated by Swamp here in this thread.
Appreciate 0