BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

05-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Custom made suit

So I figure I'm getting to the point in my life where I should have one really nice suit, so I'm going the route of getting a custom made Italian suit....

Obviously my tailor will be giving me some direction here, but I know no one IRL that has one. I'm guessing some of the people here have some experiences with it, and some outside opinions would be good.

The budget will be on the lower end for a custom suit ($1500 or so?), google has been useless, so I'm virtually looking for any suggestions in terms of colors/styles/etc etc. For reference, I'm 6'6" and probably about 180-190 lbs (a lanky mofo).
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Since your budget is on the low end for bespoke, get what you can - your choices are limited on fabrics and materials, get the best quality wool/silk/linen you can for the money.

Just get whatever colors look good on you, have a little bit of design to them and make sure they are slender cut as opposed to the traditional sack suit

Fitment is the most important thing. Other than that, you really have to work with your tailor for what he can do for your price range - because most bespoke suits you have to drop at least 3k to unlock the wide range of fabrics.
      05-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

if you check out my suit thread there is a ton of info there.

im not sure if you have the store my suit near you? it is a place where you pick your fabrics, stitch color, pockets, etc and the tailor makes a custom suit for you. it def doesn't compare to a high end bespoke tailor but for what your looking for seems to fit the bill.

does it have to be a bespoke? if not zegna, zanella, canali, etc you can shop around for and get minor alterations done to them.

its funny cause i bought my first nice suit and i only used it once for the interview and is now sitting in my closet. dress code is casual so i just wear a nice chino, dress shirt w/ tie, and dress shoes and done. if i knew this, i shoulda got me a cheap tommy suit from macys for $300 compared to $800 at hugo.

Last edited by hl0m4n; 05-15-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
Yeah if you ever have any question at all, first check to see if this guy made a thread about it. Chances are he did.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:

im not sure if you have the store my suit near you? it is a place where you pick your fabrics, stitch color, pockets, etc and the tailor makes a custom suit for you. it def doesn't compare to a high end bespoke tailor but for what your looking for seems to fit the bill.

does it have to be a bespoke? if not zegna, zanella, canali, etc you can shop around for and get minor alterations done to them.

its funny cause i bought my first nice suit and i only used it once for the interview and is now sitting in my closet. dress code is casual so i just wear a nice chino, dress shirt w/ tie, and dress shoes and done. if i knew this, i shoulda got me a cheap tommy suit from macys for $300 compared to $800 at hugo.
nice thanks man, I thought I saw that thread before, but couldn't dig it up again.

I'm very much expecting the suit to sit in a closet for most of its life, but I do enough interviews and other random business formal events that I figure I should probably have one.

Plus my frame is a tall one, most suits don't work quite that well in them.

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

im not sure if you have a "my suit" store near you but here is their link: http://www.mysuitny.com/website/default.aspx

build your suit online and see how much it costs.
      05-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
im not sure if you have a "my suit" store near you but here is their link: http://www.mysuitny.com/website/default.aspx

build your suit online and see how much it costs.

new york only....if only! haha living in pittsburgh is pretty much men's wearhouse or custom haha
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
new york only....if only! haha living in pittsburgh is pretty much men's wearhouse or custom haha
o damn i thought they were a chain of stores... my b, but you can't go wrong with hugo .
      05-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

try Brooklyn Tailors. They have a bespoke suit price of $975. Get all the required measurements from your tailor and then give them a shout.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
try Brooklyn Tailors. They have a bespoke suit price of $975. Get all the required measurements from your tailor and then give them a shout.
see for a custom made suit, I'm really against virtually 'phoning in' my measurements. Especially with my body type, I'd much rather see the person face to face and be 100% certain that everything will work before forking over a grand.

Thanks though man!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #11
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

hugo has a in store sale going on from 19-22 i believe. you should def check out your local hugo store as they got some really nice suits .
      05-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #12
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Wear your suit out and pick up women. Cuz every girl crazy bout a sharp dressed man...
      05-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #13
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

This is true. Wear your suit around and scoop up the poon. I sometimes go study after clinic and its so much easier getting it in while wearing a tie.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #14
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
This is true. Wear your suit around and scoop up the poon. I sometimes go study after clinic and its so much easier getting it in while wearing a tie.
No doubt. It's amazing the looks you get from women all of a sudden if you are suited up especially if it looks good and is stylish. I'd say you are at least 3x more likely to get it and be approached by women as well. I wear my suit and tie to the clubs now and it's amazing you clean up.
      05-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #15
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
So I figure I'm getting to the point in my life where I should have one really nice suit, so I'm going the route of getting a custom made Italian suit....

Obviously my tailor will be giving me some direction here, but I know no one IRL that has one. I'm guessing some of the people here have some experiences with it, and some outside opinions would be good.

The budget will be on the lower end for a custom suit ($1500 or so?), google has been useless, so I'm virtually looking for any suggestions in terms of colors/styles/etc etc. For reference, I'm 6'6" and probably about 180-190 lbs (a lanky mofo).

I remember when I got custom made suits for $45 in afghan...

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0