BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
e90m3japan
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 melbourne Red Metallic

advise, please!!

I was thinking of getting a set of new rims and tires. Right now I am debating on geting 19's or 20's. For now I am leaning towards 20's because for cosmetic reasons. I have stock 19's so I think I'll used that for sport/track use.
The candidate for the 20's are
HRE mono P40's
360forged carbon mesh8's(I kind of know the problem with them)
360forged SL10'S off DarrenJ's car
vorsteiner 305's

so these are the ones I want get, any other suggetions?
I am kind of worried about the transaction with 360...but I like them rims very much.
I also was wondering what are the sizes and offsets that will fit my e90 m3 fender flush aggressively without streching or rubbing the tires very much.

BTW, I am probably going to drop the car with New H&R race springs(sports plus?). Is it any good?

I would also like advise on the tires too.
I was thinkin of going with INVOs or PS2s.
and what sizes should I run?

Thanks
any help will be greatly appreciated!!

P.S
sponsors,venders if you can give me a great deal quote me on a price through PM!! thank you!!

Last edited by e90m3japan; 06-13-2009 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: forgot!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

360 has a sketchy reputation around here. I'd stay away just because of that. With your budget I'd look at BBS and Volks as well. I like the Vorsteiner wheels a lot but they are very pricy. Stick with 19s IMO.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
e90m3japan
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep

thank you!! I like the Volks and the BBS's but it is so common in Japan and I don't want to be the same!! I even have a friend that works for RAYS(company that makes the volks) offering me a real good deal but I just don't want to be same as others, you know. I am the guy that like to standout!
Thanx
      06-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m3japan View Post
thank you!! I like the Volks and the BBS's but it is so common in Japan and I don't want to be the same!! I even have a friend that works for RAYS(company that makes the volks) offering me a real good deal but I just don't want to be same as others, you know. I am the guy that like to standout!
Thanx

I see. Why don't you pass over the great deal on volks to a fellow e90 brotha. J/K BTW do you have pics and videos of your muffler? Got a link for more info. I've never heard of it? Thanks

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
e90m3japan
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep

Here is the post! that I put up! there is a link to a video on youtube!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...anquish&page=3

I would pass on the good deal but I can't do it for many. and also the shipping is gonna probably eat up the discount.
      06-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

We've had no problem with 360, they're always done in 6 weeks for us...They're also restructured now, and if you buy through a reputable dealer, we will ensure that your wheels are on-time. But Vorsteiner's are usually 4-5, and HRE are sometimes 3-4.

With that said, all the wheels use the same technology and materials... so, it comes down to style.

I'd say...
-HRE is the prestige... everyone knows it's one of the best, most expensive, most rigorously tested, and most respective wheels in the world.
-Vorsteiner is the "something special" - it's a unique wheel, they are a company with a SOLID brand following, and people love their products
-360 is somewhere in between... a little bit of both, kind of. Carbon is special, and very prestigious... so I don't really know where to place them.

Honestly.... You'll be happy either way I think. We have satisfied customers with all 3. If you're price sensitive, the Vorsteiner's are more reasonable... Otherwise, HRE is a GREAT wheel.

As for tires, I run INVOs, I'm sponsored by NITTO, and they are a great tire and a great company. With that said, PS2's are God-like.... so, depends how you drive and what you want to spend.

Hit us with some questions and maybe I can direct you a little better.
I don't make a habit of sending unsolicited PM's (Even if asked for in the thread), though, so if you'd like a quote on all of them, please PM me or call toll free, I'd be very happy to help you!

Regards and best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m3japan View Post
Thanx
I think Japan make the best quality forged wheels. Next week I am expecting to get by NEEZ cold forged rims.
if you want superlight weight 19*10J is only 8.95kg/wheel = 19.73 pounds on there super rim.
I am getting the 7model which is also very nice, this style is about 1kg more but still super light weight compared to the P40/M40 (which are similar)

they also take single set orders for Magnesium Cold Forged wheels

check them out www.neezinternational.com
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
For tires I would get the Bridgestone RE-11's.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #9
CantDrv55
NJ = guido white trash losers
India
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez Black M3

Since you apparently have the Japanese connection, BBS RE-V!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
e90m3japan
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Jlevi SW We've had no problem with 360, they're always done in 6 weeks for us...They're also restructured now, and if you buy through a reputable dealer, we will ensure that your wheels are on-time. But Vorsteiner's are usually 4-5, and HRE are sometimes 3-4.

With that said, all the wheels use the same technology and materials... so, it comes down to style.

I'd say...
-HRE is the prestige... everyone knows it's one of the best, most expensive, most rigorously tested, and most respective wheels in the world.
-Vorsteiner is the "something special" - it's a unique wheel, they are a company with a SOLID brand following, and people love their products
-360 is somewhere in between... a little bit of both, kind of. Carbon is special, and very prestigious... so I don't really know where to place them.

Honestly.... You'll be happy either way I think. We have satisfied customers with all 3. If you're price sensitive, the Vorsteiner's are more reasonable... Otherwise, HRE is a GREAT wheel.

As for tires, I run INVOs, I'm sponsored by NITTO, and they are a great tire and a great company. With that said, PS2's are God-like.... so, depends how you drive and what you want to spend.

Hit us with some questions and maybe I can direct you a little better.
I don't make a habit of sending unsolicited PM's (Even if asked for in the thread), though, so if you'd like a quote on all of them, please PM me or call toll free, I'd be very happy to help you!

Regards and best of luck!
I will give you guys a call!! thanks

Quote:
Eugene-TAIWAN Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m3japan
Thanx

I think Japan make the best quality forged wheels. Next week I am expecting to get by NEEZ cold forged rims.
if you want superlight weight 19*10J is only 8.95kg/wheel = 19.73 pounds on there super rim.
I am getting the 7model which is also very nice, this style is about 1kg more but still super light weight compared to the P40/M40 (which are similar)

they also take single set orders for Magnesium Cold Forged wheels

check them out www.neezinternational.com
Thanks! But the Neez are very common wheels in Japan. I want tobe different then other guys here in Japan, hope you will understand where I am coming from.

Quote:
MrHarris
For tires I would get the Bridgestone RE-11's.
Yea they are awsome tires I had them on my drifting cars and my C-class Mercedes.

Quote:
CantDrv55
Since you apparently have the Japanese connection, BBS RE-V!
this is the first time I have seen it! it is pretty nice! thanks!
      06-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #11
OckEME3
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 24' G80 6MT Daytona Beach Blue

Stay away from 360Forged, since money doesn't seem to be an issue, go with HRE's. Volks, BBS and HRE would be you best choice. Also try wheelsto, they're sponsors on this forum and great people.

Good Luck!
      06-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #12
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
I asked this in another thread. I don't believe I got an answer.

Who makes Vorsteiner's for them? I know they are not doing it themselves.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
KingM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

i like the 360 sl10's alot. make a poll

2009 e92 ///M3 AW | DCT | Fully Loaded | CF roof | 19" wheels | Camaross305 HID bulbs 6k | Eisenmann sport exhaust & connecting pipes | V1 hardwired | 5% tints all around | matte black grill w/ jet black surroundings | matte black side gills | Vorsteiner Type I Diffuser |
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
I asked this in another thread. I don't believe I got an answer.

Who makes Vorsteiner's for them? I know they are not doing it themselves.
DPE builds the wheels for Vorsteiner...