BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #67
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyM3 View Post
Walking back to my car after I went to the store and someone parks right next to me in a wide open parking lot.

Do you guys have any pictures of people parking right next to you in a wide open lot, or is it just me?

Looks sort of like you had camouflage, being a white car on a snowy lot....maybe the other driver didn't actually see your M3.

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #68
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

It's a nice picture though
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #69
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The same way they park is the exact same way they drive, like they are walking at the mall. Have you noticed that no matter where you are at the mall -looking at a store display, walking, just sitting in a bench- somebody, out of nowhere, sooner or later, will bump into you, stand in front of you while you are looking at that display, and basically just ignore your presence and personal space?.
That happened occasionally in the states. In Germany, it goes to a whole new level. Ill be in line at the store and I can feel the person behind me breathing on my neck.
Once, I was in line and there was this 80+ woman behind me. I reached over to the display on the right and grabbed a pack of gum, mind you I never moved. When I turned back, she juked around in front of me and I almost ate her beehive hairdo. I think she was a retired ninja.
      12-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #70
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
This reminds me of an experience I had a few years back.

I was coming out of the grocery store walking towards my car when I saw this lady loading groceries in the the trunk of a brand new S-class MB. She was parked across the aisle from me. When she finished loading her groceries, she simply shoved the shopping cart across the parking aisle to get rid of it. The shopping cart rolled until it crashed on my rear bumper . So I shouted "Hey lady, watch it. This is my car you just hit." To which she snottily replied "Calm down, it's just a car."

When I got to my car, I took the shopping cart the was resting against my rear bumber (it made a small scratch on the paint ) and I swung it back across the aisle. It crashed on the lady's rear bumper. She got out of her car obviously upset and screamed at me "Are you crazy, what is your problem?" To which I very calmly replied "Calm down lady, it's just a car."

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #71
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #72
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Always hilarious!

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #73
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyM3 View Post
Walking back to my car after I went to the store and someone parks right next to me in a wide open parking lot.

Do you guys have any pictures of people parking right next to you in a wide open lot, or is it just me?
I actually really like this pic. Kinda looks like a winterwonderland postcard..
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #74
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
This one gets me all the time
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #75
MRV99
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
I was at a parking lot parked with about 15 open spots between the last car an my car. I was on the passenger side with the door open helping my son when some A$$ parked 10 inches form my car and got out and started walking away. I stood up and asked him could he move his car because I could not get in my door. He's response was "F*#k You bimmer snob you shouldn't even be in this parking lot(Menards). Climb though your bimmer car if you want in. HAHAHA" and just kept walking. If I didn't have my son in there(lead by example), and completely flabbergasted that somebody just did that, I don't know what I would have done...... I had screws with me so I could have done plenty. Then again, that would only put a target on my car in the future and paybacks are usually much worse. Climbed on through and went about my day.

17 M3 ZCP -- 2017 Range Rover Sport SC
--RIP--
12 X5 50i Sport -- 11 M3 DCT -- 2011 X5 50i(Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #76
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
I was at a parking lot parked with about 15 open spots between the last car an my car. I was on the passenger side with the door open helping my son when some A$$ parked 10 inches form my car and got out and started walking away. I stood up and asked him could he move his car because I could not get in my door. He's response was "F*#k You bimmer snob you shouldn't even be in this parking lot(Menards). Climb though your bimmer car if you want in. HAHAHA" and just kept walking. If I didn't have my son in there(lead by example), and completely flabbergasted that somebody just did that, I don't know what I would have done...... I had screws with me so I could have done plenty. Then again, that would only put a target on my car in the future and paybacks are usually much worse. Climbed on through and went about my day.
This would lead to Karate practice if it were me!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #77
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post
Is this close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
Now I think this is too close
Too close for comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
My theory is that people is just people. Nothing more, nothing less.

The same way they park is the exact same way they drive, like they are walking at the mall. Have you noticed that no matter where you are at the mall -looking at a store display, walking, just sitting in a bench- somebody, out of nowhere, sooner or later, will bump into you, stand in front of you while you are looking at that display, and basically just ignore your presence and personal space?

That's the same way they drive and park.
This is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
This reminds me of an experience I had a few years back.

I was coming out of the grocery store walking towards my car when I saw this lady loading groceries in the the trunk of a brand new S-class MB. She was parked across the aisle from me. When she finished loading her groceries, she simply shoved the shopping cart across the parking aisle to get rid of it. The shopping cart rolled until it crashed on my rear bumper . So I shouted "Hey lady, watch it. This is my car you just hit." To which she snottily replied "Calm down, it's just a car."

When I got to my car, I took the shopping cart the was resting against my rear bumber (it made a small scratch on the paint ) and I swung it back across the aisle. It crashed on the lady's rear bumper. She got out of her car obviously upset and screamed at me "Are you crazy, what is your problem?" To which I very calmly replied "Calm down lady, it's just a car."

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
It's the thing about human nature. There are Leaders and then there are Followers ... too many are followers ... you see to follow is much easer then leading

So the fellow parking next to you saw you as leader and simply was a follower parking next to you made him feel safe, since you already made the decision that parking there was okay.

Just a follow up on Leading and Following ..

Speaking of leading and following one item from my past business life came to mind I like to share with you. And that is ...

At one point in my life I had over 20 highly educated people report direct to me. They came to me with the most outrages questions expecting me to solve there problems. Some of them had a better education and knowledge of the business as I at the time. So I thought about it what I should do.

My solution was to tell them ...

"Think of three solutions to your question, when you have them let's discuss it and see if we can find a solution, if it does not answer your question I'll think of something"

You see it made leaders out of them instead of followers. Naturally in the end it made my day to day business live more pleasant and I was able to do my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Same thing when I'm taking a piss. There could be 10 empty urinals and they come and take a piss right next to you. Whatever happened to the leave a stall in between rule?
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
Birds of a feather!!

This picture made my morning.. haha.
Glad it did

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
I usually try to park as far away from everyone else and yet some hunk of shit car will park next to me. I've had 3 door dings pulled out and luckaly becuase of Xpel plastic covering my doors I never had to get a repaint.

I'm terrified of some family van with some fat ass family and their 5 kids climbing in and out of it parked right next to me when I come back to my car.

I wish I could invent dentless doors or some shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY13E92M3 View Post
LMAO! I think he just wanted to be close to you.
Lol didnt really mind it just thought it was really random. Liked his car though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
happens all the time. pisses me off, but what are you going to do? I have to say, that first picture with that Plymouth is hilarious! What a p.o.s. I like the wind deflector!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Looks sort of like you had camouflage, being a white car on a snowy lot....maybe the other driver didn't actually see your M3.

- V

That was probably the case. hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
It's a nice picture though
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
I actually really like this pic. Kinda looks like a winterwonderland postcard..
Yeah the editing really made it pop

Quote:
I would of been pissed
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #78
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
I had screws with me so I could have done plenty.
You just place the screws at a strategic angle under the passenger side rear tire. That guy deserves a douche of the year award.
      12-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #79
carbon//m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4 vert

Never fails..drives me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #80
dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
I pulled into a spot at the grocery store. The Prius was not there when I arrived. There was a different car there when I showed up, and it was parked a bit too far to the right, so I was kinda forced to park a bit to the right.

So, I parked and stayed in the car on a phone call. The original car that was to my left took off and the Prius took the spot. I was sitting in the car when she parked like that next to me.......didn't she do a great job???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #81
AshyLarryMP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 ZCP DCT

Close enough. That's greater than 75% of the car between the lines. At least she stopped before she ran into the car in front of her.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #82
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone
I pulled into a spot at the grocery store. The Prius was not there when I arrived. There was a different car there when I showed up, and it was parked a bit too far to the right, so I was kinda forced to park a bit to the right.

So, I parked and stayed in the car on a phone call. The original car that was to my left took off and the Prius took the spot. I was sitting in the car when she parked like that next to me.......didn't she do a great job???
What do you except? They drive a Prius.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #83
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

I'm in a pretty significantly modded 328 E93.

In a wide open parking lot I too am trying to park far away. I would park next to an M3 for sure but leave a car space between us if it was really that wide open.

In a tight parking lot where you can't park far away with any more open surrounding space than any other area, I would still park didectly next to an M3 or similar car. Likely I would put my driver door on the side the M3 is on and it's my way of saying your car is safe on my side. I open my doors carefully. And it's also me saying hey you're car is sweet so I wanted to park next to you lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #84
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

I park anywhere because it seems like the more you worry about it and try to protect it the more it gets banged up. At least that's been my experience being a paranoid sports car driver for 20 years.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #85
DeleteAccountPlease
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137
I'm in a pretty significantly modded 328 E93.

In a wide open parking lot I too am trying to park far away. I would park next to an M3 for sure but leave a car space between us if it was really that wide open.

In a tight parking lot where you can't park far away with any more open surrounding space than any other area, I would still park didectly next to an M3 or similar car. Likely I would put my driver door on the side the M3 is on and it's my way of saying your car is safe on my side. I open my doors carefully. And it's also me saying hey you're car is sweet so I wanted to park next to you lol.
I know exactly what you're talking about and I wouldn't mind if a nicer car parked next to me. But this isn't a nicer car and I think he just parked there to be funny so no damage done
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #86
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Is that a 1981 Dodge Omni, or, even rarer, its corporate sister the Plymouth Horizon? That car is a classic. Consider yourself honored, son.
The only rare thing is that either of those cars actually run. It was pretty rare that they ran even at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post

You should have just pushed that piece of trash to the curb. It wouldn't take much, I've seen bigger/heavier/more valuable and desirable things come out of my 3 year old's nose.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #88
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post

She's in a Prius, and therefore saving the environment and all of us, so she can do whatever she wants. It's much easier, after all, to do good in a general/abstract way (being "green") instead of actually being considerate to real people around you (respecting other people's space, waiting your turn, etc.)...