BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
European Delivery for Canadians

Have any Canadians taken European Delivery of your cars? I hear that there are difficulties that are not experienced by Americans.

Is that so? If so do you care to share your experience here?

I have visited, Die Welt, the factory and the museum, however, have not done a ED before.

I am planning my next M3 by ED.

Thank you.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I just did a ED last week and I am from Toronto. I am not sure what do you mean by difficult. It is exactly the same. The only difference being that you will not get an automatic discount. They let you keep one plate and original title plus registration after ED for Canadians and shipping may be faster if you are in Eastern Canada. PM me if you have additional questions.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
I just did a ED last week and I am from Toronto. I am not sure what do you mean by difficult. It is exactly the same. The only difference being that you will not get an automatic discount. They let you keep one plate and original title plus registration after ED for Canadians and shipping may be faster if you are in Eastern Canada. PM me if you have additional questions.
Thanks for responding airwave808 ... I based my question on this thread here .. Post No. 31

----> Click here

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Thanks for responding airwave808 ... I based my question on this thread here .. Post No. 31

----> Click here
I don't think that is true at all based on my experience. It's just that you have to ask for it. Some Sales Reps. want to make a sale sooner than later I guess. Believe me it is not a pain at all and frankly if I ever were to buy a BMW again (which is likely), I will do ED every time. It's just an added bonus.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
I don't think that is true at all based on my experience. It's just that you have to ask for it. Some Sales Reps. want to make a sale sooner than later I guess. Believe me it is not a pain at all and frankly if I ever were to buy a BMW again (which is likely), I will do ED every time. It's just an added bonus.
Makes sense what you say about the salesman wanting to make a sale sooner I will also go for the ED on my next one. Thanks again for your help

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
From those that did it in recent times, I haven't heard of any difficulties (I asked not long ago about ED on the Canadian forum). I think the program was much less known several years ago and they apparently revamped it a few years ago?

I began exploratory talks with my local dealership and my CA gave me info on the approximate times I'd have to order to get it delivered by certain dates I was looking at next spring. He seemed very familiar with it. There's info by the way on the bmw.ca website.
      09-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Hey airwave, post pics soon! Beautiful color in your avatar...
      09-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Canuckles
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MW 2016 F82 M4

I just recently complete a european delivery, had a bit of a hassle with it. My date kept getting pushed back, like a week before I was supposed to leave I'm told that my ED had been pushed back 10 days, it was also rescheduled twice before that. There seems to be a disconnect between my local dealer, BMW of Canada, and BMW HQ in Germany.

The hassle eventually led to me getting a few thousand off for my troubles. But all in all, if you make sure they nail down a date early, and get your production number early (mine took two months to get), you should be all good.

That being said there still is no way to track your car through production like the BMW USA website, you can phone Germany however. My SA says all he can do is tell me whether or not it's on a boat or off of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

I did ED in late May of this year and had no difficulties at all. I got my preferred date.

I believe that some time ago it was more complex for Canadians in that you had to pay for car before you went but didn't pay duty, GST, transport and customs fees until it was shipped home.

I found it to be very easy but I started working on my date in mid-Feb for a mid-May delivery. It is a highly recommended experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #10
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Thank you all, I now have a better understanding as to how it works and to what I've read about it being a pain in the bud for Canadians

Too bad that the Germans treat us Canadians different then the Americans as far as ordering a BMW for ED. I wonder how Australians are treated in that regard. Hmmmm

Appreciate 0