BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question Help Needed With Computer Cooling Fans...

i have a koolance exos system on my kinda old desktop. anway when it gets to 122 degrees the thing reads fail and it makes a very loud beeping sound until it goes back to 121 degrees.

is there a way to change this setting? there are no drivers for the water cooling system.... any ideas? and yes i also e-mailed koolance to see what they have to say but might as well post here too
      08-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
mightyaa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Is the koolance system beeping or the computer?
If it's the computer, you can generally play with the thermal threshold alarms in the bios advanced settings....
I've got no experience with the all in one water cooling, but water cooled my system...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Uhh is that celcius? Because if it is, you want it to shut down at that temp, and actually 90 celcius is the highest I'm comfortable with my proc getting, even during IBT.

There should be settings in the BIOS for your shutdown temp. If it's also dictated by your WC system through some sort of app, then you'll have to get back into it and change its settings.

General rule about WC systems is that if you want your computer to run for a while, build your own kit. Those pre-fabbed kits are usually garbage and even if they do work for a while, some sort of catastrophic failure is right around the corner.

Have you been flushing it regularly and replacing the fluid with a proper mix?
Appreciate 0