BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #45
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Do you have her #? Unless this girl is desperate and up for anyone showing her attention, FB isnt going to get you far. I would invite her out for something easy like coffee, or a bar/club(just avoid a true date to begin with). That will give you an excuse to get her # without actually requesting her # on FB. If she is interested she is wanting you to take charge and ask her out, so do it just not in an awkward "I cant talk to women unless online". Just say something like, "It was nice running into you at the mall, when need to get together". Stop there and see how she responds, if she agrees ask for her number and say you will hit her up later with some plans. Once you have the number "Ok well I have to go do something(make something up), Ill see when it would be good for me to get together( act busy, dont make her think she is you only option)"

After that give it a day or two, and give her a call. Dont text right off the bat, invite her out and take it from there. Girls love confidence, they love when a man takes charge and isnt afraid to ask them out.

Its ok to chat on FB, but dont make it seem like its your only way to talk(i.e asking her whole life story online). Get in, get out of the chat as fast as possible and ask those questions in person.
this seems like some genuinely good advice, thanks man!

i don't have the number yet, but I'll work on that and the get out of the chat stage asap as you mentioned

thanks again
      07-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #46
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Women are easy once you're experienced, most guys just mind fuck themselves before they even gave themselves a chance. Approach a girl like you got laid 5 minutes before you walked into the door, dont be afraid of denial.

Best advice I can give is DONT GIVE A FUCK, the least amount of emotion and care possible. Show interest but dont care if you ever see them again. Women love a challenge, give them one.
      07-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #47
len56
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Women are easy once you're experienced, most guys just mind fuck themselves before they even gave themselves a chance. Approach a girl like you got laid 5 minutes before you walked into the door, dont be afraid of denial.

Best advice I can give is DONT GIVE A FUCK, the least amount of emotion and care possible. Show interest but dont care if you ever see them again. Women love a challenge, give them one.
even with my little experience, i agree*.

however, in this random, hypothetical case, what if she likes you partly because you laugh so much together? :P

*even tho i'm the romantic type... i know, lame
      07-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #48
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Don't focus on why she likes you, if she shows up when you invite her it is irrelevant why. Focus on the task at hand, not whether you're compatible for a long relationship. Task at hand is to get her interested, hang out, and bang. If she is someone you think could be girlfriend material then continue to bang.
      07-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #49
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
chat for a while, seem interested, wear her down, then go for the kill.
"seem interested" - 110% wrong
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #50
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Yeah Blake... It's obvious that if you knew what you were talking about you too would be driving an M3... Matt's got his game locked the fuck down.
      07-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
len56
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't focus on why she likes you, if she shows up when you invite her it is irrelevant why. Focus on the task at hand, not whether you're compatible for a long relationship. Task at hand is to get her interested, hang out, and bang. If she is someone you think could be girlfriend material then continue to bang.
ah, ty
      07-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #52
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have her #? Unless this girl is desperate and up for anyone showing her attention, FB isnt going to get you far. I would invite her out for something easy like coffee, or a bar/club(just avoid a true date to begin with). That will give you an excuse to get her # without actually requesting her # on FB. If she is interested she is wanting you to take charge and ask her out, so do it just not in an awkward "I cant talk to women unless online". Just say something like, "It was nice running into you at the mall, when need to get together". Stop there and see how she responds, if she agrees ask for her number and say you will hit her up later with some plans. Once you have the number "Ok well I have to go do something(make something up), Ill see when it would be good for me to get together( act busy, dont make her think she is you only option)"

After that give it a day or two, and give her a call. Dont text right off the bat, invite her out and take it from there. Girls love confidence, they love when a man takes charge and isnt afraid to ask them out.

Its ok to chat on FB, but dont make it seem like its your only way to talk(i.e asking her whole life story online). Get in, get out of the chat as fast as possible and ask those questions in person.
Sound advice if you're trying to really get a girl to like you, again I didn't see this as the "ask a relationship expert anything". All of the above is classic David DeAngelo style. FB and email are simply gateways to getting the digits.

I think that the thing Collin and I can agree on is, Be busy, be interesting, be a little cocky, don't become a wuss and end up in friend zone, bust on her a little like you would one of your boys, be confident then close like you don't care if it does't work out. Closing is a whole different topic which I think can be summed up simply like this - don't be afraid of what you want, don't try to find some kind of angle to ease her into it. If you want to kiss the girl, do it, doesn't work out don't apologize for it, just move on. The likelyhood is that if you just move on she'll be chasing you soon enough as a result.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #53
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

That wasnt relationship advice, that was advice for the situation he is in. I would like to see how anyone could pull off a one night stand over FB chat, his only option is to get her interested enough to go somewhere with him(coffee, bar-reason why I said both is because I dont know his age), once she is in front of him he can then work the magic he needs in front of her, not over the computer.
      07-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #54
len56
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sound advice if you're trying to really get a girl to like you, again I didn't see this as the "ask a relationship expert anything". All of the above is classic David DeAngelo style. FB and email are simply gateways to getting the digits.

I think that the thing Collin and I can agree on is, Be busy, be interesting, be a little cocky, don't become a wuss and end up in friend zone, bust on her a little like you would one of your boys, be confident then close like you don't care if it does't work out. Closing is a whole different topic which I think can be summed up simply like this - don't be afraid of what you want, don't try to find some kind of angle to ease her into it. If you want to kiss the girl, do it, doesn't work out don't apologize for it, just move on. The likelyhood is that if you just move on she'll be chasing you soon enough as a result.
Quote:
That wasnt relationship advice, that was advice for the situation he is in. I would like to see how anyone could pull off a one night stand over FB chat, his only option is to get her interested enough to go somewhere with him(coffee, bar-reason why I said both is because I dont know his age), once she is in front of him he can then work the magic he needs in front of her, not over the computer.
shit, thanks guys!

but yeah i'm looking for a relationship here; and yeah, we're pretty young (17-20*)

one last question; I'm about to go on a trip for a couple of weeks, so no dates possible for a while, should i start talking with her now while the recent meeting is fresh (if i get the number now, i can't call it for a while), or wait until i get back?

*never give out specific personal details on the internet, kids, or you'll instantly get raped.

Last edited by len56; 07-01-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #55
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
seem interested doesn't mean actually be interested. i could give a shit less about 95% of everything a woman says. they talk 5x more than we do.

but i know what you're talking about...acting completely disinterested will get mixed results in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Yeah Blake... It's obvious that if you knew what you were talking about you too would be driving an M3... Matt's got his game locked the fuck down.
sorry...some of us can only afford a chrysler lebaron. you rich pricks and your nazi sleds
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #56
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
seem interested doesn't mean actually be interested. i could give a shit less about 95% of everything a woman says. they talk 5x more than we do.

but i know what you're talking about...acting completely disinterested will get mixed results in my experience.

Listening and seeming interested are two different things. Of course you should listen, but seeming interested in her romantically right out of the gates is a sure fire way to end up in friend zone.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #57
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by len56 View Post
shit, thanks guys!

but yeah i'm looking for a relationship here; and yeah, we're pretty young (17-20*)

one last question; I'm about to go on a trip for a couple of weeks, so no dates possible for a while, should i start talking with her now while the recent meeting is fresh (if i get the number now, i can't call it for a while), or wait until i get back?

*never give out specific personal details on the internet, kids, or you'll instantly get raped.
I would make the move now, because she might lose all interest while you're away. Even if you have to text/call while you're gone
      07-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #58
len56
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Listening and seeming interested are two different things. Of course you should listen, but seeming interested in her romantically right out of the gates is a sure fire way to end up in friend zone.
*sigh* thats some sad irony :S

Quote:
I would make the move now, because she might lose all interest while you're away. Even if you have to text/call while you're gone
that's what I was thinking, except I have no idea how to keep the interest/chit chat going for a month using only internet tools :P
      07-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #59
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
that logic fails to compute even more. i, for one, really don't care to LISTEN, but i can fake that i'm INTERESTED in what she's saying with basic yes or no responses, maybe throwing in the occasional 'well, that's life' to seem like i'm paying attention, aka listening. 3/4 of the time i'm not actually interested or listening. i'm just letting her talk because that's what she likes to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #60
B.Hallowell
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5

Quote:
If at the bar: Walk up next to her as if to get a drink. Sorta bump her, she's going to give you an awful look but this is good. Long look at her, smile a little and say this "Typically I save myself for only the best looking women in the club, but if you buy me a drink I'll let you kiss me".. Don't say another word, if you've got the minimals it's going to work for you at least 80% of the time.
This shit works like a charm for me, except I'm normally the DJ... I'll put a longer track on and go get my drink. I'll do the bump and say something stupid like "why'd you do that" (along those lines). They look at me all disgusted then I get my drink (really quick and free since I know the bartenders) and just walk away. They generally watch me walk back up into the booth and in 10 min tops the bouncer is letting them in.
      07-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #61
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Aight player, need a bit of quick advice. Met this chick at a party when I was with friends last weekend and got her digits. Called her a few days later, and asked her if she wanted to grab dinner on friday. She tells me she's busy but down for hanging out saturday, and to let me know if "you guys" decide o hit up a club (you guys = my friends who she met). I remember her saying "you guys" pretty clearly. It threw me off, but I covered and said I'd get back to her about sat. She texts me later that night saying it was nice talking and that we should definitely hang out sometime, to which I reply "sure".

I'm interested, but I don't wanna waste my time dealing with her if I'm already friend-zoned. What do you guys in OT think? Should I bail and blow her off?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #62
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Aight player, need a bit of quick advice. Met this chick at a party when I was with friends last weekend and got her digits. Called her a few days later, and asked her if she wanted to grab dinner on friday. She tells me she's busy but down for hanging out saturday, and to let me know if "you guys" decide o hit up a club (you guys = my friends who she met). I remember her saying "you guys" pretty clearly. It threw me off, but I covered and said I'd get back to her about sat. She texts me later that night saying it was nice talking and that we should definitely hang out sometime, to which I reply "sure".

I'm interested, but I don't wanna waste my time dealing with her if I'm already friend-zoned. What do you guys in OT think? Should I bail and blow her off?
blow her off - if she wanted YOU, she would have made plans over the phone to meet you on Friday.

"she's busy" = do not want

if she wanted, she would have pushed aside 95% of whatever she had going on that night.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #63
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

ok if you have a co-worker thats is just freakin hot and your very cool with this person how do get them to bed...

she calls me and her besties... WTF is that suppose to mean...
      07-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #64
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
blow her off - if she wanted YOU, she would have made plans over the phone to meet you on Friday.

"she's busy" = do not want

if she wanted, she would have pushed aside 95% of whatever she had going on that night.
Well, she has work. Even so, I agree with you- better to move on
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #65
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
ok if you have a co-worker thats is just freakin hot and your very cool with this person how do get them to bed...

she calls me and her besties... WTF is that suppose to mean...
it means she wants your cum about her face and hair.

wake up dude.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #66
etc335i
Trainee
El Salvador
Rep
Drives: BUS PASS

"I may not be the best looking guy in here but I am the only one talking to you"
Appreciate 0