BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

05-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
tjmpb
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Nav questions...

A few things I didn't see in the owner's manual and haven't figured out myself (2008 M3 Coupe):

Is there any way to get the larger left nav map to stay on without putting in a destination? Mine just defaults to the radio, etc., on the left 2/3 of the widescreen and the map on the right 1/3. I want to be able to see the larger left screen (or the whole widescreen) as an in-motion map without being given directions to somewhere (I know I can turn the the sound off, but it's still trying to tell me to turn, etc.).

Is there any way to get the NAV to use the whole widescreen?

If not, can I make the right map to look differently than the left, such as the left one be 'perspective' and the right one 'overhead'? It's a little annoying to see the same in-motion map duplicated in in the left 2/3 and the right 1/3.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

In my expeience, its a no to all 3 of your questions unfortunately. All 3 are good points!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmpb View Post
A few things I didn't see in the owner's manual and haven't figured out myself (2008 M3 Coupe):

Is there any way to get the larger left nav map to stay on without putting in a destination? Mine just defaults to the radio, etc., on the left 2/3 of the widescreen and the map on the right 1/3. I want to be able to see the larger left screen (or the whole widescreen) as an in-motion map without being given directions to somewhere (I know I can turn the the sound off, but it's still trying to tell me to turn, etc.).

Is there any way to get the NAV to use the whole widescreen?

If not, can I make the right map to look differently than the left, such as the left one be 'perspective' and the right one 'overhead'? It's a little annoying to see the same in-motion map duplicated in in the left 2/3 and the right 1/3.
The first one you can do by pushing the talk button on the steering wheel (the one above the phone) and just say "map".

The second is a no.

Both maps always have the same perspective. You can change the thing on the right to the trip computer or one of the other non-map choices.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
tampabayboy
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8000 View Post
In my expeience, its a no to all 3 of your questions unfortunately. All 3 are good points!
On the 2009 iDrive, the answer is yes to all 3. I've gone full screen with the map but it isn't very useful. I like to have the small screen set for "arrow direction" so that I can see the distance remaining before the next turn.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

1. Yes

2. No

3. No