BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

09-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
Caspita
Turbo Guru
Rep
Drives: 2011.99 E92 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
The braking program on the MDM should only activate if you are regularly achieving significant yaw in the turns, which isn't a very fast way around the circuit. That said, in my track experience, no way you can blow away a passenger-side pad set, in that short of a time, unless the caliper is hung or the pads are installed improperly. Possibly a set of stock pads at a racetrack that is hard on the brakes might disintegrate, but not racing pads.

Sounds very odd. I have gotten 8 full DE events (4 lapping sessions per event) out of my RS-19 front / RS-7 rears and they are at probably 30% remaining. My approach is typically slow-in/fast-out, so I'm very hard on the brakes. Rarely encounter fade on the two tracks I've run at (Mt. Tremblant and NHMS). I also usually run w/MDM on. Wear is very uniform all-around (four-corners).

Any more info you can provide? -Brian
I heard nothing but great things about the longevity of the pads as you have mentioned. I am not sure what other information I can contribute. I have done 3 tracks days on stock pads plus some 6k miles of driving and had never had issues. My braking didn't change from then to now. I consider myself pretty aggressive on the brakes, but that being said MDM almost never intrudes. The brand new pad was literally completely gone inside and out on the passenger side, and about 80% left on the driver side.

Casp Media |
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Is it possible that they were the wrong pads in the right box? Are Pagid's color coded? Do they make street pads that could have been mistaken? Any model numbers on the pad itself?

My brother has been running the same pads for many track days at AAA Speedway and has no problems.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
The braking program on the MDM should only activate if you are regularly achieving significant yaw in the turns, which isn't a very fast way around the circuit.
I don't think that's necessarily true. MDM doesn't like much yaw at all. The E9X M3 gets loose in the rear fairly easily, and it rights itself fairly easily as well. When I used to run MDM, the car would cut power coming out of hairpins and it slowed me down quite a bit. I haven't experienced a traction control system that is as quick on track as a good driver with no aids.

Otherwise I agree with your comment re:longevity.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #26
SEI
Second Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I don't think that's necessarily true. MDM doesn't like much yaw at all. The E9X M3 gets loose in the rear fairly easily, and it rights itself fairly easily as well. When I used to run MDM, the car would cut power coming out of hairpins and it slowed me down quite a bit. I haven't experienced a traction control system that is as quick on track as a good driver with no aids.

Otherwise I agree with your comment re:longevity.
the gtr by far has the best traction controll system.. but then again i only ran with that on r beacuse of the stupid contract i signed saying if i turn it off warranty is voided..