BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

02-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT

opinion needed 08 M3

Local dealer in town got a 2008 M3 in and I'm looking to buy it. They took it on trade and the thing is pristine.
They are asking $36k. 77000 Km (Canadian Car).

Mdrive
Executive
Nav
Manual tranny
EDC

What do you think? This would be my first BMW. Price seems good and for the miles again it's in excellent shape.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

The price is good for a Canadian car, mileage is still fine.
As long as the car is in a good condition and it drives well (and of course, check the Carproof and check for the thickness of paint on all panels; personally, I would never buy an accidented car, but some people are okay with it I guess).

Only downside is the Nav (idrive) on the 08 models. It sucks compared to the more updated nav, but then again, I highly doubt a nav can make anyone to NOT buy an M3.

In conclusion, GO FOR IT as long as it drives well with no accident/re-sprayed panels

Past: 2015 F82 M4 (6MT) Austin Yellow
Past: 2010 E92 M3 (DCT) Silverstone II Metallic
Past: 2008 E90 M3 (6MT) Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Montreal_SSII View Post
The price is good for a Canadian car, mileage is still fine.
As long as the car is in a good condition and it drives well (and of course, check the Carproof and check for the thickness of paint on all panels; personally, I would never buy an accidented car, but some people are okay with it I guess).

Only downside is the Nav (idrive) on the 08 models. It sucks compared to the more updated nav, but then again, I highly doubt a nav can make anyone to NOT buy an M3.

In conclusion, GO FOR IT as long as it drives well with no accident/re-sprayed panels
Ya the I drive isn't enough to make me not buy the car. It's in impeccable shape honestly.... I drove it the other day and it rides like a champ. They are putting it up on the hoist today to safety it so it will likely get new brakes etc....

I'm going to put in an offer w/ Extended service. thanks for your input sir.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black E90 M3

Garage List
I'm not real familiar with Canadian cars but I just bought a loaded 08 with 19k miles for $38k.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnykin View Post
Ya the I drive isn't enough to make me not buy the car. It's in impeccable shape honestly.... I drove it the other day and it rides like a champ. They are putting it up on the hoist today to safety it so it will likely get new brakes etc....

I'm going to put in an offer w/ Extended service. thanks for your input sir.
Go for it. I have an '08. Only you know how important updated idrive is for your circumstances, but in the rare instances I actually want/need to use nav, the '08 version is fine. Mechanical soundness, condition, much more important.

The one bit of tech that I really wish I had -- the aux + usb in the center console that allows ipod control through the idrive. I have only aux.

can't offer pricing input because I'm unfamiliar with the Canadian market and I'm feeling too lazy to do the very basic conversions.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #6
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

I bought it. They gave a bit on price. Did the front brakes and all the drive train fluids. Along with a couple other things.

Also had cold weather package which they missed in the listing. It was too clean to pass on. My very first BMW and it's an M. Been wanting one since I was 16. I'm psyched!

Thanks everyone for their input and advice. If it ever stops snowing I'll be in good shape.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnykin
I bought it. They gave a bit on price. Did the front brakes and all the drive train fluids. Along with a couple other things.

Also had cold weather package which they missed in the listing. It was too clean to pass on. My very first BMW and it's an M. Been wanting one since I was 16. I'm psyched!

Thanks everyone for their input and advice. If it ever stops snowing I'll be in good shape.
Congrats!

Welcome to the forum.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

Pics will come as soon as I take delivery I'm hopeful that is this Thursday!!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #9
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

man...how did you get this price for a Canadian car? What is the average value of this car in Winnipeg?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #10
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnykin View Post

I think the cold weather package is standard on Canadian cars. Maybe that's why it's not listed.

Your first BMW is an M3? You'll be spoiled. Starting with the Big Dog.

Last edited by 4corners; 03-15-2014 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

First BMW period... Ya well when you've wanted one for so long you wait and do it right. Was supposed to be done Thursday but they are still waiting for parts.

I'm jonesing pretty bad lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #12
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

Photos finally

So it was finally nice enough to do a hand wash and post some photos of my recent acquisition.

This is my first BMW and the car I've wanted for close to 15 years.

Exterior is in very good condition for a 6 year old vehicle. There is so ex slight rash on the paint that needs to be repaired. But overall a 9/10. Interior is flawless.

Appreciate 0