BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

11-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

anyone have appendicitis?

Not sure what to do, or when to go to ER. I might be just imagining things...
would like to hear what people felt like before they got it. I know you are not doctors. I made an appointment with my DR, but the earliest he has is on tuesday next week x_X.

Basically, it started on last wednesday during class. I was slouched down in my seat, and when I got up, i felt a sharp pain right under my ribcage on the right side. Thought it was nothing, but it hurt for like 2 minutes. I took a deep breath and it went away.

At night it came back, except more in the middle next to my belly button. It came and went for a few hours. No extreme pain or anything.

Told my parents, they asked if I felt nauseous or anything because my dad had it before.

Went to sleep.

Thursday aka turkey day. Everything was fine, but I could feel like something was wrong in my ab area. It didn't hurt, but felt like something was there pushing at it when I would get up or stretch that area.

Friday was awkward. It started hurting a lot in the bottom right of my body, like where the groin/ab/hip meet. When I walk it felt a bit painful.

Saturday same thing as friday, except less pain. I felt fine, just when sitting down my hip/ab area would hurt a bit. End of day saturday felt fine. Thought I was cured, but after dinner I had some bloating. Took some antacid tablets.

Now I am not sure what to do. My dad got appendicitis and his was in one day. He just woke up feeling terrible, high fever, puking, and we went to the ER.

Aside from the small random pain and some bloating on saturday, I have felt fine. No fever, vomiting, diarrhea, nothing really.

Just curious to see what other people could think it is, and would love to hear your stories if you ever got appendicitis
      11-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Fever + puke + pain between iliac and belly button = likely appendix

Your symptoms = maybe appendix.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
335is_cabriolet
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet

I had a brutal time with my appendix. I was having really bad pains and I went to emergency and the doctor told me it was acid reflux. I went home with some pills and was still in extreme pain. That night I was able to sleep off and on but around 7am I woke up with insane pain. I blacked out on my way down the stairs and woke up at the bottom. I called my grandma to take me to the hospital.

Once we arrived my I went straight into xray. My grandma was telling the doctor to check my appendix before it ruptured. He looks at the xray and says too late.

Long story short. My appendix ruptured the night before. I got gangrene and spent 2 weeks in the hospital and was on a very heavy dose of penicillin for about a month.

The thing is that I never had pains in my side. It felt like severe gas cramps. Terrible experience all in so don't hesitate to go to the doctors early. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Fever + puke + pain between iliac and belly button = likely appendix

Your symptoms = maybe appendix.

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

No response from OP. Not good. Hope he's ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
No response from OP. Not good. Hope he's ok!
Mike, we all know you just would of taken a Spyderco to your gut and cut it out yourself.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

haha so far so good. I went to bed last night hoping nothing would happen. Woke up and everything good so far, no pain at all(yet).

I am starting to think that maybe I just pulled a muscle or hurt my intestine when I was slouched down during class. O well, if I start having intense pain then ill go to the ER, but I should be ok for my appointment
      11-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
carlo_r13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 JB E92

Since it seems like you have intermittent pain, it doesn't sound like it is appendicitis. Constant "sharp" pain, fever should be the main symptoms. I'm a nurse and base on experience it looks like yours sounds like a muscle/nerve pain. I hope you feel better. If pain comes back, I would go to urgent care. You'll be sitting in the ER for hours before a MD sees you. "abdominal pain" isn't quite alarming for them.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #9
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

I had it when I was 14. Strangely, I don't remember feeling particularly bad with just the appendicitis. Then it ruptured, and let me tell ya...I was VIOLENTLY ill, in the bed just shaking. A day and a half later I felt much better, and even went to the beach the day after that. I was visiting family in CA at the time, and drove back to Washington a day or two after that. The day after getting home, I became super sick again. Went in, and my appendix had burst (probably the fist time I was sick), made my lymph nodes swell to the size of grapefruits, and that ruptured my intestines. The second sickness was the onset of gangrene. I came close to dying a couple of times. I spent two weeks in the hospital, the rest of the summer in bed at home, lost about 1/3 of my weight, and stopped growing until my early 20's. I also had stomach issues from the scarring which now, in my mid 30's, are only recently no longer an issue.

But yeah...the early appendicitis...I didn't even really notice it. I was just a dumb kid though and didn't know what to look for or when to be worried.
Appreciate 0