BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #1
panbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 6mt

dinan limited slip differential

I was insearch of finding right product to increase performance of the vehicle.
I know that there are few good companies that does ecu upgrades..(AA, power chip...etc) However, I feel little skeptical about pretuned ecu program because even within same models, every vehicle is different. I've heard that pulley doesnt have massive impact on NA engines, but decided to place an order soon. (evo)

It might be old news for some, but while searching, I just found about dinan's limited slip differential. "Dinan lowers the stock 3.85 final drive ratio to a 4.10, taking full advantage of torque multiplication for a substantial 6.5% increase in torque.." Also Dinan claims that LSD doesnt have effect on reduction on top speed potential. Its sounds interesting and desirable to me.
Because of the torque increase, I would assume that LSD would make 0-60 & 1/4 mile faster. Since there are many car experts in this forum, I'm asking for opinions...
thanks
http://www.dinancars.com/store/home.php?cat=800
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Since you are in SoCal powerchip can do a custom tune for your specific application, no big deal.

There are already discussions on the various final drive ratios in the appropriate section: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
panbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Since you are in SoCal powerchip can do a custom tune for your specific application, no big deal.

There are already discussions on the various final drive ratios in the appropriate section: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124
thanks.. i found chart made by PG..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Sticky, how much was your custom tune? Are they going to come out with a "Tune" for our engines?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0