BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

08-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #45
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
South Africa is in a massive decline, what wealth and opportunity remains are created by the remaining whites. It is on it's way to becoming Zimbabwe. Quickly call me a racist and send the thought police to throw me in a gulag.
I don't think many would dispute SA is suffering from "brain/skill drain" as that has been a huge problem for the last 10-15 years. The reasons are of course disputed. Only time will tell if SA can recover fully (which many are skeptical about).

Back to the car though, maybe the newly announced exhaust available through BMW aftermarket parts will be the same one as this?
      08-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #46
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

This engine is now better than the RS5 engine!
RS5: 4.2l V8, 450 HP, Redline @ 8.5 K, 107,1 HP/l
M3: 4.0l V8, 450 HP, Redline @ 8.5 K, 112,5 HP/l
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #47
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LUV_M_PWR View Post
Hey I'm from South Africa. And TBH we don't really care about all this racist crap. Sure it will NEVER go away but we learn to live with it and are desensitized to it already. It exists all over the world. So it's all good.

We're called the rainbow nation and we all live happily together. Yes there's a large percentage from all races that don't want to get along but you find that all over the place. Everyone deserves to NOT be painted with the same brush.

Wow I typed an extremely long reply that went way off topic. I decided against it. It became tiresome.

But just to add, sadly majority of the high earners in our country are indeed white. Nothing wrong with that but a decent head start was created after Nelson Mandela was released. So for a long time they'll have "one up" on us. But I (as a person of mixed race origin) don't hate them for it. I'll go out and make my own money We've been given the tools so now we learn to use them ourselves.

Anyway, back on topic.

The reason it's launched in SA most likely is because of the large factory we have here. Your E36 4 door M3 probably came from here. And in addition to this there's many things we don't get that you guys did (like the E30 M3), so give us this one

Fortunately for us it's not true that we live in trees and ride to work on elephants. In fact I have NEVER seen a wild animal (excluding of course zoos and nature reserves)

I sadly cannot afford this or even the normal E9X M3 but I can dam well try

I had an E36 M3 at one point but sold it and got married and bought a house etc. I now drive a Fiesta 1.6. I will however own a premium car again. Soon.

PS this was my first post here after years of lurking. So hello everyone

And yes we do have internet

Just kidding, just playing with those people who are afraid of sounding racist LOL
Actually Affirmative action has created the new black wealthy elite in Sout Africa

All the big spenders are black these days, the high priced homes, bought by blacks.

The SA Aston Martin dealership sells more units per year than any other market. Blacks to whites ratio 70>30

I don't know what you are referring to above?

If there is any racism these days its black towards white. Anyone seen the Julius Malema rhetoric in the press just before the world cup. I canceled my tickets when I read it.

Back to South Africa and BMW: They have this weird collusion with AC Schnitzer, and they endorse its sales. They control this as SA market has a 5 yr/100,000 km motorplan, and if you fit any other aftermarket exhaust or tuning part, its voids your motorplan!!

BMW SA is creating their own special edition, but buying the stock frozen gray and black editions, and just fitting the AC Schnitzer goodies afterward and offering anther software map that they control and release.

In 2002 they released a M Coupe Schnitzer, which had the E 46 M3 motor, and AC Schnitzer exhaust, short shift gear selector, 18 inch wheels, and suspension.

All this was retro fitted by BMW dealers before sale, and they certainly did not come from factory like this.

Last point was the number of M3 CSL's that were sold in SA. A total of 52 gentlemen!! Pretty high up considering the world wide allocation
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #48
GeorgeSmooth
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i AT

Guys I just realized something wrong with the pictures. The pictures are of a LHD version so I am not sure whats up with that. Either they do not have local pictures of the car or its one or other special edition planned for another market.
      08-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #49
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 IB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
ROFL at sensitive people. Grow up.

I am excited to see the performance numbers this thing puts down compared to a stock car.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #50
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe

too much to ask for red stitching in the States?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 02:03 AM   #51
I_LUV_M_PWR
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black and very fuel efficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Actually Affirmative action has created the new black wealthy elite in Sout Africa

All the big spenders are black these days, the high priced homes, bought by blacks.

The SA Aston Martin dealership sells more units per year than any other market. Blacks to whites ratio 70>30

I don't know what you are referring to above?

If there is any racism these days its black towards white. Anyone seen the Julius Malema rhetoric in the press just before the world cup. I canceled my tickets when I read it.

Back to South Africa and BMW: They have this weird collusion with AC Schnitzer, and they endorse its sales. They control this as SA market has a 5 yr/100,000 km motorplan, and if you fit any other aftermarket exhaust or tuning part, its voids your motorplan!!

BMW SA is creating their own special edition, but buying the stock frozen gray and black editions, and just fitting the AC Schnitzer goodies afterward and offering anther software map that they control and release.

In 2002 they released a M Coupe Schnitzer, which had the E 46 M3 motor, and AC Schnitzer exhaust, short shift gear selector, 18 inch wheels, and suspension.

All this was retro fitted by BMW dealers before sale, and they certainly did not come from factory like this.

Last point was the number of M3 CSL's that were sold in SA. A total of 52 gentlemen!! Pretty high up considering the world wide allocation
OMG I had a long reply again but fortunately I hit a button and lost my text. Thank god for my fat fingers

Sure SA is not perfect... blah blah blah. I'm sure you know the rest.

I do agree though that Malema is a racist and a moron. Like I said, we're not perfect but for the love of God learn to use Google more effectively. Hell maybe even visit the country instead of posting unsupported "facts" from the safety of Utopia.

By the way there were 65 M3 CSL's brought to SA

Back on topic. Seems that this 25 years of M3 is sparking off special editions all over the world. Check this out.

Another special edition "Tiger Edition M3"

BMW has been furiously releasing special editions recently, including the Frozen M3 Edition for S. Africa, 120i Performance Unlimited Edition for Japan, and E90 Dynamic Edition for S. Africa.

Bimmertoday is now reporting that BMW has plans to release a Limited M3 Tiger Edition to the Chinese market, to commemorate the current Year of the Tiger. Appropriately, the M3 Tiger Edition will feature the M3 GTS' fire orange metallic paint with black accented elements. Blacked out parts will include its style 359M 19" wheels, hood air inlets, kidney grills, and black chrome exhaust tips.

The interior will feature black leather Novilla with contrasting orange stitching. The front seat headrests will be embroidered with a unique tiger head emblem. And the door sill plates will bear a Tiger Edition Logo in fire orange metallic color. An estimated 250 copies will be produced. No details yet on any performance enhancements or photos, but stay tuned.

One thing is for sure, this will be a catchy and unmistakable M3!

Source: http://www.bimmertoday.de/2010/08/10/li ... r-edition/

Translation:
On the occasion of the 25th BMW M3 gives birth to several special editions, including a version for the South African market. But not only the round anniversary of the M3 can be used for a special model give rise, in certain regions also sufficient to describe a year: In China we currently lives in the Year of the Tiger and BMW celebrates the special year with the BMW M3 Tiger Edition in Fire Orange Metallic - a color that BMW M3 GTS from the already known.
Although there is currently no picture material for Tiger Edition, we can already give you some information about the probably 250 copies limited edition series. In addition to the exterior color flame red metallic with the special edition comes with numerous black accents on special: The wheels in styling 359M in 19 inches are also painted black like the air intakes in the bonnet, also have the kidney, the gills and the tail pipes in the color of chrome Dark for splashes of color.

The interior is black leather trim Novillo used, but this is with contrast stitching in "Orange Fire" marked the exterior color and does so again. In the front headrests embroidered with a special highlight is the outline of a tiger head in Fire Red, which should make special models unmistakable. The sill plates bear the logo Tiger Edition - of course in Fire Orange Metallic.
We hope to report soon on the first pictures of Tiger Edition, to a precise date for it but it can not currently estimate.

ADMIN please delete this post if it is off topic
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #52
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

^^^Your hilarious
      08-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #53
xxs65xx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 M3...SOLD

for some reason I thought all the specials cars ended up in UAE....I swear everyone in that area is a billionaire!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #54
arsenyc
www.BottleneckGallery.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C / F87 M2C

Talking Official Photos: Frozen M3 - BMW South Africa

Hey all, thought you'd be interested in some official BMW South Africa photos of the BMW M3 Frozen Edition over there. Looks stunning and the photography makes it all the better! Check them out:

More can be seen here:
http://www.autophotive.com/2011/01/0...-south-africa/

Enjoy
      01-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #55
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

sick, love the colour.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #56
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Very very nice, love the ACS exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #57
Cuba
Cuba
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

wow that is some nice interior love the red stitching on the black seats
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #58
TrojanBMW
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Another car BMW forgot to put the clear coat on. QC is really starting to slip.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #59
MF80
Captain
Thailand
Rep
Drives: AW 2008 E92 335i

Riced out edition fromt the manufacture...

@ black wheels and painted red calipers.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #60
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsTech View Post
Riced out edition fromt the manufacture...

@ black wheels and painted red calipers.
wrong use of the term 'rice'

look it up perhaps next time
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #61
DaveL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 335 coupe msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by saworldvoyager View Post
Ok how does race come into this? Or am I confused????
Agree....Matte black?I don't get some people
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #62
EuroCarsOnline
Rep
Drives: BMW Individual M3 Sedan

This looks pretty nice. I love the stitching in the seats. If it's anything like Frozen Gray in person, the Black will look incredible. If you look at Frozen Gray at certain angles there is a gloss to the paint finish. It's pretty amazing.

The Frozen Gray one I saw in person had Extended Rust Brown leather and Piano Black trim. Not sure what kind of "Edition" model that was, but it was one of a kind.

Ultimate Buying Power
BMWDavid@me.com
www.bmweco.com 202-262-2900
Call Joy for Vehicle Status 443-883-6925
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #63
jungcg
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao View Post
Sorry not trying to be racist but of all places South Africa?

the level of ignorance implicit in this statement is astounding
      01-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #64
BimmersMania
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320i M Sport

hate the exhaust pipes
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #65
AstonMartin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Very nice, looks sharp!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #66
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanBMW View Post
Another car BMW forgot to put the clear coat on. QC is really starting to slip.
better than the orange peel we get
Appreciate 0