BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #23
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Diapers. You're ass will get stretched.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #24
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
i would also reccommend spending the big bucks when you go out to eat...you only have 3-4days, you are with your GF, and to really experience NY you have to visit some of its finest restaurants..

i've been wanting to go to gordon ramsay's 'London' resturaunt
+A billion. But don't spend money just to spend it, some places are expensive just to be expensive, and while the food may be good, it's not worth it. Exhibit A: Boulet in Soho...I knew it wasn't my type of place but my sister's boyfriend set up the reservations and shit and it was really just an overpriced excuse for exclusivity. Talk to some locals, or people who've been numerous times and can trust, and don't just read a bunch of online reviews. Many critics are on the cut
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #25
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
+A billion. But don't spend money just to spend it, some places are expensive just to be expensive, and while the food may be good, it's not worth it. Exhibit A: Boulet in Soho...I knew it wasn't my type of place but my sister's boyfriend set up the reservations and shit and it was really just an overpriced excuse for exclusivity. Talk to some locals, or people who've been numerous times and can trust, and don't just read a bunch of online reviews. Many critics are on the cut
there will always be those expensive resturaunts that are more of a gimmick than anything else...but to truly experience fine dining in an amazing city like NYC is an incredible experience.

i suggest the OP research some places before going..depending on what food you like. but my advice is to BE ADVENTUROUS with your pallet.

there are too many places to even begin naming.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
there will always be those expensive resturaunts that are more of a gimmick than anything else...but to truly experience fine dining in an amazing city like NYC is an incredible experience.

i suggest the OP research some places before going..depending on what food you like. but my advice is to BE ADVENTUROUS with your pallet.

there are too many places to even begin naming.
Absolutely - it's the same deal in all major US markets, NYC, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc...Do your research but don't limit yourself to what you already like.

For New York, if you haven't been to Smith and Wollensky, I'd recommend that for steak. I've only been to the Chicago location, and I will take every shot at NY that I can (in good fun) but considering Chicago was the hub of the meat transportation and packing industry for so long, it amazes me that a NY steakhouse can consistently outdo Chicago ones. I can't imagine the NY location isn't better.
Appreciate 0