BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #45
fe55
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DKG

Aus . Can you check on the shipping to Canada.
I am still interested but out in Western Canada we get shipping dread when it comes to UPS. At least when i order from Tire Rack I know how much it will cost. Thx
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #46
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
Do you know how much they charge for mount and balancing the tires? It seems like when you take a bmw to a tire shop, the prices go up, and they don't care very much about your car/rims.
I can't remember, but I think it's around $20/tire. They do use torque wrenches to do the final tightening.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #47
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Just got back from Performance Plus.
They're now out of the fronts. I got the last 2.

The sales guys said there was some with a Jerez Black M3 that got some last week who drove from Glendale!!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #48
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue E90 M3 [sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post

The sales guys said there was some with a Jerez Black M3 that got some last week who drove from Glendale!!
Not that it matters to you now, but did they happen to say when they will get another shipment? I'm taking my RACs there for installation.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #49
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
Not that it matters to you now, but did they happen to say when they will get another shipment? I'm taking my RACs there for installation.
I didn't remember to ask them when they'll get more. Just give them a call. All the guys in there area really cool. I was talking to Manuel.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #50
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Good to know, and while it's too late for many of us who already purchased our Vreds in anticipation of the imminent RAC wheel delivery, it's great for future reference.

Since you mentioned shipping from Vred HQ in NJ, can you arrange shipments directly from there to us east-coasters? It would save us significant amounts.
      11-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #51
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

Quote:

That was me!

And these tires are the SHITE!!!!! Love Em! Way better than PS2's in all regards IMO.
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #52
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM3Mang View Post
That was me!

And these tires are the SHITE!!!!! Love Em! Way better than PS2's in all regards IMO.
He said you were "going on and one about how great these tires are."

Hope they took care of you. They've always been really good to worth with. Too bad it's kinda far for you to get the free wheel balances.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #53
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

These guys are killing me. I paid for my tires a month ago because they were running low. I called today and they sold my tires and they're on back order now!!

They couldn't understand why they were getting so many orders for this size!!!

I'm going to ask for a free alignment since they screwed this up AND sold my tires.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #54
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
These guys are killing me. I paid for my tires a month ago because they were running low. I called today and they sold my tires and they're on back order now!!

They couldn't understand why they were getting so many orders for this size!!!

I'm going to ask for a free alignment since they screwed this up AND sold my tires.
They told me the same thing! 255 is sold out and they said next week.
      12-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #55
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
They told me the same thing! 255 is sold out and they said next week.
Looks like they have a bunch of us on the hook. All for the RG63s.

When I get back on Wednesday, I'm going to start calling Performance Plus about the backorder status and anyone else within 250 miles that may have the 255s in stock.

Really sucks that they sold tires out from under aus, though! I feel for you.

Last edited by slipstream; 12-28-2009 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #56
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

They're actually really cool.

I've gone to a bunch of tires shops and the employee's always gave a bad vibe, like a used car sales man feel, but they've always been cool. It just sucks to have to wait another week for the tires after all this time waiting for the wheels. Hopefully I'll get something out of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #57
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They're actually really cool.

I've gone to a bunch of tires shops and the employee's always gave a bad vibe, like a used car sales man feel, but they've always been cool. It just sucks to have to wait another week for the tires after all this time waiting for the wheels. Hopefully I'll get something out of it.
If by chance the tires show up before January 4, we should meet there for an install party.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #58
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'm hoping to mount them next Wednesday... if they get in by then.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #59
Paddy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18' M2, AW

I'd be in for the same set but in 18's 255/35/18 and 275/35/18
Can anyone check if the sets need to be all the same ?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #60
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I stopped the GB long ago since they couldn't drop much more on the price and there wasn't enough interest since many had WISELY ordered way before the wheels arrived.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #61
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

They were able to find me 2 front tires from a different supplier today!!! He should have them tonight. I heard the supplier say he had 4 but only gave him 2.

I called David yesterday and he was puzzled why he was getting "bombarded for Vredestiens in that size (255/35-19)!!! I sent him a link for the main Vred thread.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #62
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You'd better be putting them on right away, not waiting until next Wednesday! I'm ready to install right now. David needs to twist that guy's arm for the other two.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 12:37 AM   #63
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
You'd better be putting them on right away, not waiting until next Wednesday! I'm ready to install right now. David needs to twist that guy's arm for the other two.
I'm bringing them the wheels tomorrow. He said he was going to hide them for me since I told him I bought them a month ago to prevent this from happening.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #64
e90-4aj
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: E46-M3, F80-M3, 970 GTS

did you get your tires? I am looking to buy these soon
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #65
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Mine are one, but I think slipstream is still waiting.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #66
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have the rears on, but the fronts are still making their way through customs apparently.
Appreciate 0