BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

06-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #23
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
I'm 24 and I grew up on computers and I don't understand the P. I can build them still, fix them...

what does the P stand for in pwoned?
I'm pretty sure that pwned originated from the World of Warcraft. I guess a designer had made a typo. Meant owned but instead coded it as pwned.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned
      06-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #24
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

Wow. This thread takes the BMW fanbois to an entirely new level. Give credit where credit is due. GM did a fine job with the new CTS line....V included.

Quite honestly, all the CTS-V bashing makes me want to .

This is the same crap that went on with the C63 AMG.

Grow up.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #25
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineweissM3 View Post
Wow. This thread takes the BMW fanbois to an entirely new level. Give credit where credit is due. GM did a fine job with the new CTS line....V included.

Grow up.
Didn't you know BMW builds perfect cars and no other car companies should exist.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
CantDrv55
NJ = guido white trash losers
India
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Didn't you know BMW builds perfect cars and no other car companies should exist.
Do you watch the news, GM is on the way to not existing.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #27
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantDrv55 View Post
That's not accurate either. All of your posts in here give the rest of the BMW owners a bad rap.
Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #28
CantDrv55
NJ = guido white trash losers
India
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
That's not accurate either. All of your posts in here give the rest of the BMW owners a bad rap.
Thanks...
I am so sorry, please, tell me what my opinion of the cts-v SHOULD be.

BTW- A for my accuracy, this snippet from cnnmoney proves that had the government not stepped in, GM would have in fact been defunct.
Quote:
After bouncing GM's first two viability plans, President Obama on March 30 said the government would keep the company going, but GM needed "a fresh start." Hence, the Chapter 11 filing.

For now, GM is essentially shut down, many of its plants closed for up to 11 weeks as it tries to work off an inventory of hundreds of thousands of unsold cars. The need for speed in bankruptcy court is obvious.

As Henderson says, "Any delay will result in irretrievable revenue perishability and the loss of market share. It will exacerbate and entrench resistance to General Motors' products".
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #29
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineweissM3 View Post

Grow up.
How do you figure they did a fine job?
It's fuck ugly. The interior is a plastic fest. It's fuck ugly.

If you mean the company that used to be the biggest in the world managed to stick a big engine in a car and sell it then they can have all the credit.

If you mean they should get credit for managing to make a car without the using a designer with all his eyesight then they can definitely have all the credit.

I missed the C63 bashing but I'm sure it was fun
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #30
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I dont care who gets offended about the GM comments it sucks plain and simple compared to a BMW its fast yes can it be modded to be faster yup! But its still a caddy handles like on too. My buddy was Bill Auberlens team mate he was about to trade in his E60 M5 for the CTS-V last year he was so excited and had me go with him on the test drive and brought me along he kept going on and on about the ring tim and all that 0-60 is 3.9 nonsense I just sat and didn't say anything. We went for the test drive and he was greatly dissappointed after the test drive to the point that when he got back he was no longer intrested and gave me complaints about the Cadillac style steering feel the lack of being able to adjust the suspension stiffer and how the car wouldn't allow him to upshift when he wanted to like in the M5 so he left and since then said its not even on his list options anymore. I thought the leather was ok not as good as BMW and their faux leather dash could never compare to the full leather package on my buddies M5. The only reason the CTS-V does better then the M3 and M5 on the ring is because of HP/TQ advantage it doesn't handle better.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #31
CarRamrod
Registered
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Quote:
What are you people, deaf AND retarded? The new CTS-v is shaking some of you guys up, and that's a good thing!

It's about time we found some domestic luxury that will stomp out European overpriced bling bling for minimal costs compared to others in its class.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #32
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarRamrod View Post
What are you people, deaf AND retarded? The new CTS-v is shaking some of you guys up, and that's a good thing!

It's about time we found some domestic luxury that will stomp out European overpriced bling bling for minimal costs compared to others in its class.

Before I left I farted inside the CTS-V and closed the door
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #33
sizquik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:

You're talking crazy now, better drink some more Kool-Aid then you'll see the light. Seriously, the CTS-V is a world class performance car by any standard.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #34
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:

Domestic Luxury?
Plastic tat design by a kid with only a ruler. In 2 years when the bits start to fall off and your windows won't work come back on here and say it again. Then you'll realise why it was cheap to start with. You get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #35
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizquik View Post
You're talking crazy now, better drink some more Kool-Aid then you'll see the light. Seriously, the CTS-V is a world class performance car by any standard.
Give me a break. You drive an Audi. Are you honestly saying that you think that manga comic fugly designless car is as well built as your car? Your ashtray has more quality plastic than in the entire interior of the CTS.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #36
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
Give me a break. You drive an Audi. Are you honestly saying that you think that manga comic fugly designless car is as well built as your car? Your ashtray has more quality plastic than in the entire interior of the CTS.
+1 Of all people an Audi guy praising the interior of the caddy incredible... Fact is it could be better but its not no matter what anyone says its not even close BUT IT HAS IMPROVED from the last gen maybe in the next Gen CTS if Cadillac still exist as a brand they'll do better. The actuall physical design of the cadillac I like on the inside even on the outside but the material quality isn't there. It feels like every other GM product which competes with Toyotas/Hyundais so if You call that Luxury I'm speechless.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #37
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 335i Msport-PPK, 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I'm pretty sure that pwned originated from the World of Warcraft. I guess a designer had made a typo. Meant owned but instead coded it as pwned.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned
I think it is owned plus something extra. If your guild is helping you level up fast, you're not leveling, rather you are "power leveling". Adding power as a prefix adds extra umph to what follows it.

So, if you're really owned, you're power owned, or pwned.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #38
sizquik
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I will say that the interior isn't up to Audi standards but neither is the M3... not many cars are. I will say that when I did check it out the first time the interior quality looked way better than I thought it would and had better materials than the C63 I check out. BTW, I used to own an E39 M5 until I wrecked it. BTW and am 99% set on the M3 then the Audi will be bye-bye.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #39
sizquik
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
+1 Of all people an Audi guy praising the interior of the caddy incredible... Fact is it could be better but its not no matter what anyone says its not even close BUT IT HAS IMPROVED from the last gen maybe in the next Gen CTS if Cadillac still exist as a brand they'll do better. The actuall physical design of the cadillac I like on the inside even on the outside but the material quality isn't there. It feels like every other GM product which competes with Toyotas/Hyundais so if You call that Luxury I'm speechless.
The interior is obviously not a "german" design but the quality of the materials is light years ahead of what GM has done in the past. Not that it means anything but I am in a field of work that brands, designs and manufactures luxury products so I think I do have a better sense of materiality and design than the average Joe.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #40
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The only reason the CTS-V does better then the M3 and M5 on the ring is because of HP/TQ advantage it doesn't handle better.
Umm, the CTS-V is a much bigger car. It is the size of a M5. It was not made to out handle a smaller/lighter car like the M3. It does however out handle the M5, it has been proven in many tests.

Quote:
...the lack of being able to adjust the suspension stiffer...
There is no need for self adjustment. It has magnetic ride control (like the ZR1), it adjusts the shocks in 1 millisecond. It provides comfort on the highway and instantaneous damping adjustments while driving hard. It even adjust during lauch, to help plant the rear axle. The system has been praised in both the CTS-V and ZR1.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #41
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Umm, the CTS-V is a much bigger car. It is the size of a M5. It was not made to out handle a smaller/lighter car like the M3. It does however out handle the M5, it has been proven in many tests.
Proof? Other then a ring time? More power / tourqe is the factor for that determines the faster laptimes not that it handles better, I think Given equal power I'm sure an M5 will dance on the caddy.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #42
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Proof? Other then a ring time? More power / tourqe is the factor for that determines the faster laptimes not that it handles better, I think Given equal power I'm sure an M5 will dance on the caddy.
Edmunds CTS-V tested with better numbers in the skidpad and slalom, than the M5 they had tested.
M5 skipad- 0.86g slalom- 69.2 mph
CTS-V skidpad- 0.92g slalom- 71.1 mph

A Motor Trend comparo had the CTS-V with the better figure eight time, skidpad, and lap time.

Also there was a road & track heads up battle on a 3.4 mile circuit. The CTS-V had the fastest lap time.

In reality there isn't a number where CTS-V doesn't beat the M5.
CTS-V has faster 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking, skidpad and slalom.

It was gong to happen, the M5 has been out for years. The new M5 will take the supersedan title back. Its all good.

Also some of the 56hp advantage is negated by the CTS-V being about 180lbs heavier.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 06:25 AM   #43
CarRamrod
Registered
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Quote:
Domestic Luxury?
Plastic tat design by a kid with only a ruler. In 2 years when the bits start to fall off and your windows won't work come back on here and say it again. Then you'll realise why it was cheap to start with. You get what you pay for.
::Ontario::
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #44
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
It's still a GM. Have you sat in one? Horrid finish, cheap feeling interior, but hey, as long as it's fast.
Then there is the whole service dept thing, having been to gm and bmw service depts, bmw wins hands down. They actually treat you like a person, whereas gm always acted like they're doing you a favor by servicing your car.
I don't know what car you are talking about, but the new CTS-V -or just a CTS- it isn't. The interior quality of the CTS is finally to the level or even exceed the level of anything out there in the same class.

If anything, GM got that interior right from the get go.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread