BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #23
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Just to update everyone, Yesterday my EDC failure message came on my I drive. I drove it home less than 10miles yesterday and called my service department. This is the second time that I have had an EDC related failure since I have owned my car. The first time was during the first week of ownership and the car was at the service department for 3 days. After complete dissembly of the suspension they found the problem to be a loose hardware connection. Today I checked the plugs on top of the shocks to make sure that they weren't loose and they weren't. I started the car and drove around to check the functionality of the system, as like before it seems like the shocks have once again locked up and the suspension is rigid. The car is garaged until I go to the service department on Monday morning.
      08-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #24
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

I went to my service department today and got some good and bad news. The good news is that they have found the correct issue and it should make this a permanent fix, the bad news is that they have to order a new wiring harness for the shocks and I won't get that for a few days. The problem was a broken module and bad wiring harness. My car is parked until they receive the harness and install it may get it back as early as Wednesday or as late as Friday.
      08-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #25
EDELWEISS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6sp AW FR EDC NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMPOWER View Post
I went to my service department today and got some good and bad news. The good news is that they have found the correct issue and it should make this a permanent fix, the bad news is that they have to order a new wiring harness for the shocks and I won't get that for a few days. The problem was a broken module and bad wiring harness. My car is parked until they receive the harness and install it may get it back as early as Wednesday or as late as Friday.
good luck man my edc malfunction is back too , they had replaced the strut
      09-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

This is why I'm so conflicted about EDC. I don't want to deal with the issues, but the car that I may purchase is equipped with the Tech Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #27
rasi54
Rep
Drives: M3

The dealer told me the left front strut was bad due to the error message. They told me not to track the the car, but I did - turned good to the left, but lots of body roll to the right. I ohmed out the the strut and found the left one open - removed the platic cap on top and found the connector unplugged put it back in and all is fine now. not to impressed with the DSC and I find it very anoyying, almost like a miss dropping cylinders. I like the dynamic mode better - shoud probably turn it off as with my Supra I had none of this help. The cars okay on the track, but still "warming up to it"
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #28
RomanK
Private First Class
Russia
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe E92 DCT

Hello guys.

I got EDC malfunction.

Rheingold tells the next:

5FCC - EDC reduced left front acceleration signal

What is this? How can I fix it?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #29
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanK View Post
Hello guys.

I got EDC malfunction.

Rheingold tells the next:

5FCC - EDC reduced left front acceleration signal

What is this? How can I fix it?
Try replacing the sensor (accellerator) behind left fender. You need to search for exactly where.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #30
RomanK
Private First Class
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Try replacing the sensor (accellerator) behind left fender. You need to search for exactly where.
Hello, Helmsman

I continued drive my car and sometimes EDC worked good ... But sometimes the error appeared again ... EDC has the next error codes: 5FCC, 5FCE. It tells me that left front acceleration sensor is fault. I bought the sensor and replaced it. After when I started my car, drove out of the garage and switched off the ignition, I saw the EDC malfunction light again. I connected my PC to the car and read the error and I see the same error codes 5FCC, 5FCE. Again left sensor is fault ... But sensor is new ...

Please help what should I do now.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 09:29 PM   #31
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I get this problem a lot, just make sure the sensors on the top of strut are snug, it will go away after 100ft of driving if the sensor was loose.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #32
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
I get this problem a lot, just make sure the sensors on the top of strut are snug, it will go away after 100ft of driving if the sensor was loose.
5FCC/5FCE codes has to do with the accelerator sensor (according to:http://my.obdcloud.com/dtc_codes/bmw/dtcs?search=5ff8).

A disconnect with the damper gives another code and yes is typically a comfortable fix. Seems the guy have to keep working on that front left accelerometer...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #33
RomanK
Private First Class
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
5FCC/5FCE codes has to do with the accelerator sensor (according to:http://my.obdcloud.com/dtc_codes/bmw/dtcs?search=5ff8).

A disconnect with the damper gives another code and yes is typically a comfortable fix. Seems the guy have to keep working on that front left accelerometer...
Yes, but I don't know what I should do.

The sensor is new. I think it can be only wires in this case... Don't know what can be else.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #34
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but I don't know what I should do.

The sensor is new. I think it can be only wires in this case... Don't know what can be else.
Tried to pull the damper connector? That should give you a different code, such as 5FE6 on the front.

Appreciate if you report back on your findings so I can learn someting in return.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #35
RomanK
Private First Class
Russia
Rep

Hello,

I found a ragged signal wire near the acceleration sensor.

Now my EDC works properly.
Appreciate 1
jvictormp879.50
      03-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #36
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

I found a ragged signal wire near the acceleration sensor.

Now my EDC works properly.
Glad to hear mate!
Appreciate 0