BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

The wait begins

Yesterday I put down my deposit on a 2010 E90 M3. I have wanted an M car for a long time and now it appears my dream will come true in 2 to 3 VERY long months. I have already sold my 2008 Lexus IS-F so I am regulated to driving a 3/4 ton Chevy Duramax until it arrives. My production week is week 39 according to my dealer. They already had a slot so we just modified it to my specs.

I tried to enter my production number on the website, but it isn't in the system. When I call the 800 number it say the car is scheduled for production but no date has been assigned. About how long will it be for I can track the car via the web?

I have a feeling this website will be my new home until the car arrives.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Talking Here's mine -

Congrats - We have the same production week. Here's the e-mail I got the day I ordered mine - I added the premium sound option today. I heard the stock stereo & it doesn't sound as good as the Logic 7 in my 335i. No EQ in the stock M3 stereo, but the premium sound kicks ass -

Thank you for entrusting our company with the order for your new automobile. We are delighted to confirm the acceptance of your order with the following details. Should any of the information shown below NOT be consistent with your order paperwork, please reply to this email or call your sales agent as soon as possible.

Your automobile is configured as follows:

Make: BMW
Model: M3 Sedan
Exterior Color: Alpine White
Interior Color: Black Extended Leather
Trans: M-DCT
Conv Top:
Options Include:
2MK M Double Clutch Transmission
4MY Carbon Leather Trim
2MT 19" Wheels w/performance tires
507 PDC (rear park distance control)
6FL i-Pod/USB Adaptor
403 Moonroof
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZTP Technology Package
302 Alarm System

Est. Delivery Date: October 5, 2009

May change the color, but doubt it. There aren't many white cars in Germany but I think they look clean. Especially with CF diffusor, lip, vents, tint, drop, spacers, marker delete, smoked side markers. After having a black car, white will be much easier to take care of.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

How much was this configuration?
      08-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Congrats - We have the same production week. Here's the e-mail I got the day I ordered mine - I added the premium sound option today. I heard the stock stereo & it doesn't sound as good as the Logic 7 in my 335i. No EQ in the stock M3 stereo, but the premium sound kicks ass -

Thank you for entrusting our company with the order for your new automobile. We are delighted to confirm the acceptance of your order with the following details. Should any of the information shown below NOT be consistent with your order paperwork, please reply to this email or call your sales agent as soon as possible.

Your automobile is configured as follows:

Make: BMW
Model: M3 Sedan
Exterior Color: Alpine White
Interior Color: Black Extended Leather
Trans: M-DCT
Conv Top:
Options Include:
2MK M Double Clutch Transmission
4MY Carbon Leather Trim
2MT 19" Wheels w/performance tires
507 PDC (rear park distance control)
6FL i-Pod/USB Adaptor
403 Moonroof
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZTP Technology Package
302 Alarm System

Est. Delivery Date: October 5, 2009

May change the color, but doubt it. There aren't many white cars in Germany but I think they look clean. Especially with CF diffusor, lip, vents, tint, drop, spacers, marker delete, smoked side markers. After having a black car, white will be much easier to take care of.
I went with Alpine White as well. I didn't do the premium sound because I just don't hear that well these days. Probably has to do with the fact that I grew up shooting trap and skeet instead of playing golf.

Here is what I ordered:
E90 Sedan
Alpine White
Bamboo beige leather
carbon leather trim
Premium Package
Tech Package
M-DCT tranny
19" wheels
heated seats
ipod adapter
smartphone integration
park distance control
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Looks like we're pretty close to the same configuration - I was going to go with the smart phone, but since I don't current have one and it can be added I decided not to.

Don't those eat up your console storage space?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
Yesterday I put down my deposit on a 2010 E90 M3. I have wanted an M car for a long time and now it appears my dream will come true in 2 to 3 VERY long months. I have already sold my 2008 Lexus IS-F so I am regulated to driving a 3/4 ton Chevy Duramax until it arrives. My production week is week 39 according to my dealer. They already had a slot so we just modified it to my specs.

I tried to enter my production number on the website, but it isn't in the system. When I call the 800 number it say the car is scheduled for production but no date has been assigned. About how long will it be for I can track the car via the web?

I have a feeling this website will be my new home until the car arrives.
Sweet!

btw, how do you compare the IS F?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Congrats guys! I hope to have a post like this sometime in September since I am shooting for a late November delivery
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Sweet!

btw, how do you compare the IS F?
I really hate to compare the two cars until I actually have my M3.

I will say that I really liked my F. The car was very well built and quite quick. The F feels faster in a straight line than the M. The M looks better to me, except for the interior which I liked better on the F. The M feels lighter on its feet. Turn in is more precise with the Bimmer and it rides better even in with the suspension set to sport. I think the F has better brakes and I really like the stock 19" BBS wheels. The M3 just seems like it would make a better track tool while the F is a fantastic 4 door GT. I'm really not sure which is the better car for me, but I'm hoping it is the M because it will be expensive to switch back.

Last edited by Cabinetman; 08-16-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Cabinetman - I'm looking forward to getting my ///M but yours will arrive a solid month earlier than mine. Don't forget to take pics for us!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #10
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
Cabinetman - I'm looking forward to getting my ///M but yours will arrive a solid month earlier than mine. Don't forget to take pics for us!
I will take plenty of pictures. The wait isn't going to be easy, but I keep telling myself it will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I will take plenty of pictures. The wait isn't going to be easy, but I keep telling myself it will be worth it.
Hardest part but just makes it that much sweeter when you get it plus you have something great to look forward to!
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0