BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
Please refresh my memory on this post......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
It was before j2m decided to get an M3, was in one of the BMW meetings.
Longggg story short... I moved to Calgary from San Diego about 6 years ago. I was not a good snow driver, still suck at driving in the snow and if there's ice.... forget about it

I traded in my tuned 08 E90 335XI (N54) to a New 11 E92 335XI (N55). I decided I would go with the E92XI and drop about $30+K into this thing and make it Fassssssst and enjoy the benifits of AWD in the winter times rather then opt for the M3. I didn't listen to the N55 skeptics, because I thought adding tune, DP, Exhaust, Meth, suspension, tires and many other cool things would make my car faster than a stock M3. After all that time and energy I ended up with a cool looking car that was slow as ASS! I regretted giving up my N54

So my wife and I took my FBO N55 to a M3 meet (summer 2011), that "Prince_of_Persia" kindly invited me to. I ran that bitch hard! Spraying meth like it was my job There were probably 20+ M3's in the caravan, running through the beautiful Canadian Rockies for about an hour. It took EVERYTHING that car had to keep up with the stock M3's. We ran through some awesome twisties and climbs on the back roads of the mountains. We arrived at the destination for lunch and it took a good 45 min's for my white knuckles to get blood circulation again and clean the seats from PISSING myself .
OF COURSE I NEVER let people see me sweat so I played it cool with the others.

There was another couple from Edmonton who had just done a Euro delivery of their new white E90 M3. They were behind us the whole way. They got out of their car looking CALM & RELAXED, looking like they just spent an hour at the spa, getting a massage. My wife and I looked like nervous wrecks who had spent the past hour fighting off a prison gang RAPE

NOW KEEP IN MIND My wife loves to drive with me and she enjoys when I push my car hard, but she knew I was pushing it's limits. While carving the canyons my 335xi (stage 2 dinan suspension, HRE's, Pireli's, square set-up...) WAS NOT planted and the M3's were making it look easy.

Before we got out of the car my wife turned to me and told me to get an M3. She offered to teach me to drive in the snow. She knew I wouldn't trade in a brand new car for another brand new car SO she found me my M3 and surprised me with it The ressssssst is history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Yeah, but Jon solved that problem by adding more power.
This is a true story. I was concerned about driving a 400HP 2WD car in the crazy winters of Canada so I hit up Phillip and he advised me that it is much easier to drive a 600HP 2WD car in in the snow/ice.

The logic was quite simple, Phillip said: : "THE MORE POWER, THE EASIER TO PLOW THROUGH THAT SHIT"

**Below is a pic of the 11 335xi (wrapped in ice blue) I owned for exactly 6 months before trading for my M3**
Attached Images

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Nice story. Nice wife, someone has to be the brain of the family right
Appreciate 0