BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

09-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Where to Buy Hand-Tool Set?

Hey guys,

I am looking to get some hand tool sets and was wondering where would be a reasonable online place to buy them? Snap-on and Mac are the best, and obviously the price reflects that.

I am looking for a medium-grade quality. I'm not a mechanic who works on cars everyday so I don't need anything crazy, but I would like pretty good quality does anyone have some suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
KLH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 3.0si

Craftsman - Sears

Kobalt - Lowe's

Not sure if they're in theGreat White North.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH View Post
Craftsman - Sears

Kobalt - Lowe's

haha thanks for the help. I am in the US every 2 weeks or business so I can always pick them up when I'm down here (Y)
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH View Post
Craftsman - Sears

Kobalt - Lowe's

+1
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
EV0LVE
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i SG

Craftsman - lifetime warranty. You break it, bring it back, no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Not sure if Sears ships up there or not but...a little hint for you and anyone else whom sees this.

Craftsman has a free membership club (see links on home page @ http://www.craftsman.com )

Join up, get your number, THEN go shopping. If you have patience, wait, and check their member emails when they send them to you. Massive discounts off retail at times. Special club saver days at Sears, and online only promotions. They pretty much always have awesome deals going in some department, so even aside from the garage, if you are a do it yourselfer around the house it is a great saver club/mailing list to be on.
      09-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep

I will also say this.

Love craftsman, however there are some things to stay away from. Torque wrenches and anything with delicate small internal moving parts come to mind. However for hand tools, for the price and warranty they cant be beat.

For torque wrenches, i went on Amazon and found some smokin deals. CDI (who manufactures the torque wrenches for SnapOn) has this rediculous deal on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Torque-1503MFR...cm_cr-mr-title

http://www.amazon.com/Torque-1502MRM...bxgy_hi_text_y
      09-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Thanks guys.... I signed up on the Sears website and will wait for some deals to come up...

Just ordered these as well... I was looking at these as well but they were way more expensive on the automotive websites I was looking at. Thanks for the heads up those were two sweet deals.

Last edited by shaginwagon13; 09-01-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I have some craftsman tools that go back 35 years or so, still working perfectly. Warranty is great. Break a tool (rare), walk in, get a new one.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Thanks guys.... I signed up on the Sears website and will wait for some deals to come up...

Just ordered these as well... I was looking at these as well but they were way more expensive on the automotive websites I was looking at. Thanks for the heads up those were two sweet deals.
No problem my friend. I was about to cheap out and go with some off grand 70 dollar wrenches and then these caught my eye. I knew the CDI name as I am a mechanic in the Navy and they are just about the only brand I have dealt with in the military. Wait til you get them in, they are some great pieces for sure. Feel solid, laser etched numbers, satisfying click when reaching torque. Certificate of accuracy and you are never going to have a problem getting them serviced by CDI if the need arises.
      09-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
cpsquare8
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
No problem my friend. I was about to cheap out and go with some off grand 70 dollar wrenches and then these caught my eye. I knew the CDI name as I am a mechanic in the Navy and they are just about the only brand I have dealt with in the military. Wait til you get them in, they are some great pieces for sure. Feel solid, laser etched numbers, satisfying click when reaching torque. Certificate of accuracy and you are never going to have a problem getting them serviced by CDI if the need arises.
That is a great deal. Thanks for posting it. And +1 on Sears Torque Wrenches being very poor - sad they make some great items, but the TWs are just not very solid.
Appreciate 0