BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

09-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Calgary Detail?

Hi folks,

So I'm always looking at the detailing section of the forum and it seems there are many talented companies and individuals spanning all across the states. I know the first reply I'm going to get in here is Mobile Reflections and Jed but to be frank I employed them last time and even after waiting an excess amount of time Jed wasn't available for the TWO visits they had to make (second one was because I had just got my hood installed and rear bumper repainted). It was also weird to see how they conduct their methods, I mean I'd expect a full wash before and after, paint correction was needed and I could still see scratches that I know can be removed right after it was done. They also never cleaned the rims, polished out the infamous door handle scratches, he said there was no way of cleaning tail pipes and I don't know about you guys but after spending north of $400 I'd expect an excellent job but it wasn't there for me. After looking on their website it seems they skipped a few steps on me and sorry to say but if you don't treat all your customers the same then one will find out and will say nothing but the truth on the matter.

Anyways, now my car is in need if major TLC and that can blamed on BMW Service for washing it twice when I clearly told them not to.

Does anyone have a personal friend or recommend a great shop that would be able to take this project? I know winter is coming up but I fear if I don't get it done this year then by the time winter is gone the cars paint will be so far gone I'll need a paint job or something. After closer inspection I'd say the job will take 2-3 days, from getting the wheel wells to the mashed up trunk looking crystal clear.

I'm willing to travel to Edmonton/Red Deer/Medicine Hat/Lethbridge. Nowhere outside of Alberta though.

Let me know folks! Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Is it something that can not be done by yourself? I think the job you do on your own car (when you know what you are doing) always look better than the work other people do on your car.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

You might want to try Refine, by Tunerworks. They did my 3m and there was lots of high end cars in the shop that day. Rob at Tunerworks recommends them, I will get them to do my car next year.
      09-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Is it something that can not be done by yourself? I think the job you do on your own car (when you know what you are doing) always look better than the work other people do on your car.
I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to begin, and the whole try and error step for me would cost way too much. Gotta work towards paying out of state fees next fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post
You might want to try Refine, by Tunerworks. They did my 3m and there was lots of high end cars in the shop that day. Rob at Tunerworks recommends them, I will get them to do my car next year.
That's the shop I had initially planned on calling, seems like I will. Maybe they can clear bra my new lip too.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

BMW fanatic are u apart of Project Tecknik? Mike ( Mgwatson ) from Calgary does detailing on the side and does fantastic job as well. you would half to ask him on the rates but im sure its nothing over that $400 unless the paint is in real bad shape.

PM me..i believe i have is number..if not i can get it for you either way
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #6
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
BMW fanatic are u apart of Project Tecknik? Mike ( Mgwatson ) from Calgary does detailing on the side and does fantastic job as well. you would half to ask him on the rates but im sure its nothing over that $400 unless the paint is in real bad shape.

PM me..i believe i have is number..if not i can get it for you either way
Thanks for that Taunto but I have actually decided to go with Refine, booked in for the 24th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. These guys really seem to know what they're talking about but as always it's in the quality of the work so I will update here after they've had a go at it. Gonna 3M my lip too.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredstudent3 View Post
you can also contact Carlos (403) 614-5614, he is in Calgary and does detailing.

he works on a lot of vehicles and his write ups are on the internet for viewing as well.

here's one of them, but i'm sure you can find many more on the forum as well:

http://www.live2detail.com/showthrea...-Infinity-G37x

Cheers.
I will stick with my appt. at Refine right now but there's always next time so I will definitely keep him in mind. Thanks bud.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I lived in Edmonton for 27 years and always used this shop.

Royal Auto Body Paint Ltd.

16831 - 107 Ave
Edmonton, AB

(780)447-0099

I never ever had any issues, they specialize in German cars.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0