BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

08-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #45
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Good thing my ZCP is on order. Gonna get rid of this heap of shit Audi
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #46
Archon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT AW/BLK

I'm reading a lot of poor excuses and back tracking going on.

Bottom line. Everyone's opinion here is worth the same. Let's leave it to the impartial media.

In what comparo did the RS5 win?

Audi fully wanted to compete against the M3. In their own advertising they take jabs at BMW...so what...now they stopped competing directly with BMW when it came to the RS5? BS

The RS5 lost and lost big. It's not here in the US until end of NEXT year for more money and as it stands...professionally speaking...a muti-loser in the comparos.

Audi wanted to beat the M3 and they failed. How hard is that to accept?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #47
cap_freez
Lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X3, 2013 RS5

I strongly believe the RS5 should not be compared to the M3 but more to the M6. It is more of a GT car than an all out sports car, which the M3 is.

Audi has always been more ''comfort'' oriented then BMW. Is it such a surprise that the RS5 doesn't feel as ''sport focused'' as the M3???

The bottom line is these two cars IMO are not meant for the same crowds. Personally I've always switched between Audi and BMW. I always find something compelling in both brands and honestly there is plenty of negative stuff with both brands as well.

The RS5 is meant for the guy or gal who like comfort with a sport edge, the M3 is meant for people who want sport with a comfort edge... It's just not the same approach in cars.

also the Quattro system is IMO more useful for many people like myself who live up north. It is also arguably the best AWD system out there. If you live down in florida, chances are this will not appeal to you at all, unless you rally off road.

Frankly I'm just sick of the brand bashing we have over and over in these forums, Comments posted mostly by people who could not use half of these cars potential. For me, what a magazine says about a given car is only part of what I consider, it's very informative, but in the end only subjective. Drive the car... then talk.
      08-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #48
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
(...) and nor does the steering feel as numb as some reviewers claim, in fact the difference between it and the M3 is hardly worth mentioning. (...) plus it's suspension setting offer more refinement to the ride (...)
The latest AMS test disagrees with these both findings of yours. Not only was the M3 faster on the Hockenheimring, but it was also offering a more pleasant driving comfort. In other words (like I wrote somewhere else yesterday), the RS5 sacrifices its driving comfort for a better performance (more so than the M3), yet it's performing worse than the M3.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #49
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
I'm reading a lot of poor excuses and back tracking going on.

Bottom line. Everyone's opinion here is worth the same. Let's leave it to the impartial media.

In what comparo did the RS5 win?

Audi fully wanted to compete against the M3. In their own advertising they take jabs at BMW...so what...now they stopped competing directly with BMW when it came to the RS5? BS

The RS5 lost and lost big. It's not here in the US until end of NEXT year for more money and as it stands...professionally speaking...a muti-loser in the comparos.

Audi wanted to beat the M3 and they failed. How hard is that to accept?

M3 FTW AGAIN!!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #50
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

that is priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgothar View Post
Muhahaha!
perfect
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #51
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

I just dont get it...

How could the RS4 beat the M3 in numerous comparisons when this M3 came out?

Now the brand new RS5 comes out and cant win one comparison against the same vehicle?

How could Audi make an inferior vehicle to its RS4 predecessor? Makes no sense...

I always felt Audi won in the looks department and BMW in the performance aspect... Put the RS5's looks and the M3's drive together and you have one insane driving machine.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #52
sakimano
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
Good thing my ZCP is on order. Gonna get rid of this heap of shit Audi
dude...just noticed your sig:

MTM - doesn't make an intake for the RS5...
GIAC - doesn't make a tune for the RS5...

Is anything in your life real? I can't wait for you to show up on the Audi forum I'm a mod on...it won't go well for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #53
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrboy View Post
I strongly believe the RS5 should not be compared to the M3 but more to the M6. It is more of a GT car than an all out sports car, which the M3 is.

Audi has always been more ''comfort'' oriented then BMW. Is it such a surprise that the RS5 doesn't feel as ''sport focused'' as the M3???

The bottom line is these two cars IMO are not meant for the same crowds. Personally I've always switched between Audi and BMW. I always find something compelling in both brands and honestly there is plenty of negative stuff with both brands as well.

The RS5 is meant for the guy or gal who like comfort with a sport edge, the M3 is meant for people who want sport with a comfort edge... It's just not the same approach in cars.

also the Quattro system is IMO more useful for many people like myself who live up north. It is also arguably the best AWD system out there. If you live down in florida, chances are this will not appeal to you at all, unless you rally off road.

Frankly I'm just sick of the brand bashing we have over and over in these forums, Comments posted mostly by people who could not use half of these cars potential. For me, what a magazine says about a given car is only part of what I consider, it's very informative, but in the end only subjective. Drive the car... then talk.
What?? No way, Audi aimed the RS5 directly at the M3 coupe. RS5 isn't even in the same zip code as an M6.
      08-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #54
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

I'm really surprised that Audi couldn't definitively beat the M3 with the extra time and higher price point of the RS5.

The RS5 is a really beautiful car.
Appreciate 0