BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #1937
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

Shattered 800,000 now!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #1938
Old Cdn E36
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 318i

There's a huge difference in tone between the 2 replies from the 2 dealer lawyers...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #1939
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
On behalf of Husker BMW, the following is an update on this situation.

Per the conditions of the eBay auction, the successful bidder is required to purchase the vehicle within 72 hours. After acknowledging its initial mishandling of the situation, Husker gave Mr. Tanisaka another fresh 72 hours to consummate the transaction at the $60,000 bid price. There were absolutely no conditions attached to that offer.

This 72 hour period has now expired. Husker BMW will agree to extend the time period for Mr. Tanisaka to purchase or lease the vehicle until the close of business on Monday, March 31, 2008, which is now the dealership's second 72 hour extention of the time period.

There have been baseless details reported concerning the dealership’s handling of these negotiations. The fact of the matter is that Mr. Tanisaka has supplied the dealership with no financial information, and refused to allow the dealership to assist his efforts to obtain financing. Contrary to statements made, Mr. Tanisaka has never presented the dealership with pre-approvals from Capital One, BMW, or any other financing source. Instead, Mr. Tanisaka chose to seek leasing terms through a financial institution of his selection. Husker has attempted to accommodate Mr. Tanisaka at every turn, including providing everything requested by his outside financing company in a timely manner, but no funding has been received. While Husker does not intend to suggest that Mr. Tanisaka does not have the financial wherewithal to consummate this transaction, any inferences that Husker has been delaying his consummation of the transaction are entirely unfounded. In fact, Mr. Tanisaka has routinely been dealing very cooperatively with Husker’s sales manager and has been very complementary toward him. Another unreported fact is that, as a gesture of goodwill, Husker offered to pay to fly Mr. Tanisaka to Lincoln to take delivery of the vehicle, and also offered to pay the costs associated with shipping the vehicle in a covered truck from Lincoln to California.

Husker does not seek to silence or in any way limit the rights of those who wish to express their opinions on this now widely publicized ordeal. But based on several reckless distortions and omissions of fact, the dealership and its employees have been grossly mischaracterized. Husker acknowledges and commends the comments posted by Mr. Tanisaka, his attorney, and the many others that have requested the personal attacks to cease. Husker would ask Mr. Tanisaka to go one step further and provide his truthful commentary on his agreement, or disagreement, with the statement of facts set forth above.

Husker will hold the vehicle in inventory for Mr. Tanisaka until the end of business Monday. For the sake of all involved, Husker BMW would like nothing more than to have this saga end with Mr. Tanisaka proudly driving his new E90 M3 and showcasing his “Husker BMW” plate frame throughout Southern California.
Unbelievable. So, a few hours after Ken gets a letter from Husker's new lawyer (Thomas Zimmerman) stating the deal isn't happening and Husker may sue Ken for damages in retaliation, Husker's old lawyer (Mr. Maledon) says the deal is back on and Husker will extend the deadline until the end of business on Monday. You guys need to get your act together and your story straight.
      03-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #1940
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cdn E36 View Post
There's a huge difference in tone between the 2 replies from the 2 dealer lawyers...
Yeah, two posts from two different lawyers representing the saem client seems very odd.

It's like they put the second one out to try and make it sound like thye were trying to reasonable.....which the first one certainly didn't.

Damage control / limitation? Like they read the posts after the original statement and realized they had just dealt their own client another PR body blow!

Last edited by BritBoy; 03-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: Added text
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #1941
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Wow, tough crowd.

On behalf of Husker, let me be clear that we do apologize for the auction screw-up. The $67,995 figure was meant to be the reserve, not the “buy now” price. Our mistake. No excuses. Once the GM gathered the facts, we told the successful bidder on Monday morning that we would honor his $60,000 bid price.

We have been trying to work cooperatively with Mr. Tanisaka to complete this transaction. Obviously Husker is highly motivated to get the deal done and has no reason to further delay with all of the publicity that this has received. But until the bid price is tendered to the dealership, the deal remains undone. We disagree with Mr. Tanisaka’s version of the facts as to why this delay is taking place, but nevertheless Husker is committed to completing the deal with him as soon as possible. If Mr. Tanisaka cannot or chooses not to complete the transaction, then Husker will indeed keep the vehicle priced at $60,000 for the next willing buyer.
BOGUS !

i had a business contact stroll by, and they still saw the car with full pricing on the side.

this car is sold. and should be taken out of the car pool, and be made unavailable to anyone else (trying to hide the evidence by transferring it away huh ?)

VTAIG hired you as a publicist right ? i know you types. you can't afford the real support, so you pay for it. its a desperate move, pathetic really.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #1942
Eddietheman
Rep
Drives: Station Wagon ftw

I got this reply from corporate. Doesn't seem they care what the dealer does, doesn't apply to them.

Quote:
Dear Mr. H:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your concern for a fellow BMW enthusiast. We appreciate your inquiry.

BMW centers are independently owned and operated and responsible for their representations, sales, policies, and procedures. Each BMW center determines the details of their own sales transactions, including selling price. We are confident that this transaction will amicably be resolved by the dealer in question.

We strive to be attuned to our valued owners and appreciate the feedback our customers provide to us. Again, we thank you for taking the time to notify us about the situation you experienced.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Laurie Burkland
Customer Relations and Services
Representative

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 3/27/2008 12:00:00 AM
To: ProductQuestions@bmwusa.com
Subject: BMW Products & Services Assistance : Select

3/26/2008 4:14:31 PM

Name: ME
Address: Don't think I will post that
Home Phone:
Work Phone:
Fax:
Daytime Phone:
Call Time: 9 A.M. Eastern Time - 7 P.M. Eastern Time
Other Phone: OR this
Call Time: 9 A.M. Eastern Time - 9 A.M. Eastern Time
Year: Select
VIN:
Date Purchased:
Purchased From:
Purchase State: Tennessee
Service Center:
City: somewhere
State: Tennessee
Referred Via: na-ContactUs

Subject: Select

Question / Request:

Do the right thing, http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...127993&page=57
Please. Help the guy out.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #1943
Avenger
Rep
Drives: Drift Car

Ken, I would take the offer for a paid airfare to Lincoln, NE and inspect the car in person. Present them with whatever financing you have (a check, a certificate or whatever). Of course, don't do this without the local news crew and have everything documented, like a video so we have something nice to view on YouTube.

End of Saga.....
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #1944
advancedlogic
Rep
Drives: BMW 2004 545i (E60)

Wow. I've spent the better part of 2 days perusing through 94 pages and 2000+ comments, replies, counter replies and such. Ken, you're definitely setting both precedent and class with your pursuit of this. Before I write anything further, I want to say "thanks" for your efforts thus far.

I am an owner of a 2004 545i, and a proud contributing member of BMWCCA & E60.net, a forum for current generation BMW 5 series owners (I am NOT an admin or owner of the site, merely a contributing member). My member name there is the same as here - advancedlogic.

My ride is here:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?auto...bum&album=1497

I found the link to this posted here:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=52412

Judging by your responses and your continued and repeated requests to the members of this community to cease and desist with any harassment, libel, case-related direct contact with the dealership or its entities, employees, and related assets, I opine that I cannot fathom the legal standing or ground with which counsel for the auto group seems to threaten you with for recovery. This is in no way legal advice or counsel (such should only be provided by your retained attorney). You definitely have my support as both a BMW enthusiast and general consumer who partakes in E-Bay auctions often. Continue to state only the facts as presented and only on the advice of your attorney.

At the very least, you've shown the power of one, when one is an entire community of persons who detest corporate arrogance and greed.

~Al

Last edited by advancedlogic; 03-28-2008 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Failure to property police my penmanship...yikes
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #1945
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivs31 View Post
this is pretty darn amazing!!!!!!!!!

Personally if I were the dealership, I would love to be getting calls from all these sources, informing them that after some minor hickups, lincoln bmw is honoring it's mistake and selling Ken the car.

The best way out of this situation is to say, yes, we did screw up, and apologize. Exactley per the lawyer's statement.

This willl allow the whole situation to end and for them to begin to reclaim thier name.

The conditions are laughable as well, why would someone need to have any conditions on winning something they held a contract on? It's genuinly rediculous and I feel for you Ken.
ya know, now that i think of it...since they already admitted making a "mistake", and want to complete the sale, i'm wondering why they're not earnest and actually taking steps to do so ?? maybe they should deliver the car to Ken in front of his house and shouldn't leave until they get their payment (from which Ken probably will be holding in his hands).

and for the troll...if it gets to the next legal step, i'm sure the judge will ask for financial status, and it will be proven that Ken has discussed with bank to arrange transfer of the amount ON-DEMAND.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #1946
MonkPDX
Rep
Drives: 03 Infiniti G35c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Exactly...if Ken were a tool (and he is NOT)..then we would have never heard from him again...but he shares with us a very unflattering letter...

I see this for what it really is...the big bully car dealer who could care less about bad PR, because 99.99% of the potential car market could care less..they just put enough misinformation out there to create a smidgen of doubt...and keep doing business as usual...

Not to get too political...but we started a WAR based on lies and misinformation...and 99.99% of america could care less...

Why should this be any different...

Ken...walk away...you are playing with fire now...I am not a lawyer but have a lot of experience with litigation...there is no upside to this for you...

Best wishes...you did NOTHING to deserve this...
THIS has become completely insane!!

At this point, the ONLY WINNER is the "Legal Profession", as Legal Fees continue to be generated by Attorneys on both sides.

Husker's reputation is trashed, not that I care.
Ken has endured unbelievable stress, in addition to lost time, and mounting financial risk.

How many times have we seen "THE POWER OF THE INTERNET" used in this thread?? WE HAVE to come up with a solution to help Ken, if we are all as smart and powerful, as a Group, as we like to think we are.

We can't let it go down like this. Not for our sake, but for Ken's sake and Ken's wellbeing. I have no final investment in this "saga", other than time, but I know that I will feel like a LOSER, IF the Dealership prevails.

The Dealership will survive this. Fil will probably survive this, and may even eventually LAUGH about it over a few drinks with his peers, but what happens to Ken?? Will he able to buy a "new" M3 when this deal tanks, and he pays his legal fees and other associated costs?

"When the tough get going, the weak get screwed"

"It is better to be the hammer than the nail"

excuse the rant.............

Monk
      03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #1947
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
There have been baseless details reported concerning the dealership’s handling of these negotiations. The fact of the matter is that Mr. Tanisaka has supplied the dealership with no financial information, and refused to allow the dealership to assist his efforts to obtain financing. Contrary to statements made, Mr. Tanisaka has never presented the dealership with pre-approvals from Capital One, BMW, or any other financing source. Instead, Mr. Tanisaka chose to seek leasing terms through a financial institution of his selection.
My leasing is thru Leasecompare.com. How can you call this an outside source, when you have this listed on the ebay auction as AN OPTION for PAYMENT. Please see the section under financing. Lease compare is listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...233277471&rd=1
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #1948
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmarvin13 View Post
I've been following this for some time Is this coincidence or is this a pattern for this company?

In MalibuBimmer's post it says he ran into a Mercedes-Benz Chevrolet dealership in the mid-west playing a similar game awhile ago.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=939

And look at this post from rainsux. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1493

Is there a business pattern forming here on this group that is slowly being exposed?
hit the nail right on the head !
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #1949
Namir
Private
Rep
Drives: on the road.

I feel like this has just turned in to a legal debacle in which both sides are going to have to vomit jargon back and forth until one concedes on a technicality. What I don't understand is if Husker is willing to incur any costs to rebuild their reputation, why wouldn't they just take the loss on the car in the first place as a 'cost' to maintain a reputation.

As for the threats regarding libel and legal action..... have fun suing 800,000+ people who have propagated the negativity surrounding your dubious business practices.

Hang in there Ken!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #1950
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddietheman View Post
I got this reply from corporate.

Dear Mr. H:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your concern for a fellow BMW enthusiast. We appreciate your inquiry.

BMW centers are independently owned and operated and responsible for their representations, sales, policies, and procedures. Each BMW center determines the details of their own sales transactions, including selling price. We are confident that this transaction will amicably be resolved by the dealer in question. Doesn't seem they care what the dealer does, doesn't apply to them.

Is that really BMW saying that all they really care about is selling cars to the dealers and whatever else goes on, however the buyers are treated, it's not their concern?

I don't think I've ever heard a company so blatantly divorce itself from it's customers.

Extraordinary!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #1951
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
On behalf of Husker BMW, the following is an update on this situation.

This 72 hour period has now expired. Husker BMW will agree to extend the time period for Mr. Tanisaka to purchase or lease the vehicle until the close of business on Monday, March 31, 2008, which is now the dealership's second 72 hour extention of the time period.
Nice work counselor...I retract the earlier disparaging remarks...

Now Ken, go get your car...

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #1952
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Hello followers of the mayhem

Just left the dealership. The M3 is in just as pristine a condition as the day I saw it and the White coupe delivered and the miles are as announced. (got pics of it, sat in it weeks before this crap started, I started it up, sounds great, looks great). I repeat, there is NOTHING WRONG with the damn car...period so we can stop that line of drivel. I have seen it several times this week and it is being well taken care of. Further, the car is Kens, it HAS been since Monday, all he has to do is have someone, anyone, send the money and pay for it...that's it. Nothing fishy about that. I don't know about the other legal issues as stated in the Lincoln based Lawyer, other than I know the terms of payment have changed since the initial agreement on Monday as lease was brought in which BMW of Lincoln had agreed to extend another 72 hours. One thing remains, he can have the car!! No one is denying him the car, unless payment is not tendered. The dealership, from Kens admission, has been helpful and even gave him the number of someone at E-bay when he could get not response. He asked everyone to please stop the $hitstorm and several posters on this blog reminded of this. This clearly did not happen and has done nothing but fan the flames. Some of the advice, and admissions of actions, posted here were a bit frightening.

In my opinion, some of what is happening now legally is a direct result of this onslaught. It doesn't affect me either way as I must remain neutral in matters like this. As President of BMW CCA, Missouri Valley Chapter in this region, we have a great relationship , as do our members, with both area dealerships. So, I am not posting to support or bash, just to relay what I know as several staff members of BMW of Lincoln are members, some board members of our chapter. Do I have Fil's (which is short for a very Italian name) phone number on my iphone, yes. Did I get an e-mail response from Larry VanTuyl on this matter when I e-mailed him, yes. Do I know the facts, seen the documents, heard the terroristic phone messages, text messages and other various pranks, and seen the disgust in the eyes of the operators that field these calls, yes. Still I kept quiet...

I have not posted as I really wanted to remain neutral, figuring that the bloggers that are digging up all the data would just flame me as a troll of BMW of Lincoln. Feel free to search all you want, I am simply a BMW CCA member with some insight. If this were happening to Markel BMW, I would be doing the same thing. It isn't an issue of Dealership loyalty. I would ask that you go back and check out the dates of the BBB reports. Fil has only been there for 6-9 months. The Z-06 deal was before he was there. A little more insight. The BMW and Mercedes Benz franchise is a separate sales and service building with its own GSM, its own budget, its own sales staff and mechanics. Those BBB reports were for the GM side, a block, and a world, away. Fil cannot control something when he was not even in the state.
Further, Fil did NOT even know about this situation until after the Internet sales guy tried to squash his screw-up, which is what it was, by some quick footwork that didn't obviously work. Fil found out about it, late on Friday and Ken was called and told by that it would all be straightened out on Monday as it was late, and Easter weekend was coming up. Starting Friday and continuing Sat and Easter Sunday this escalated into, well, I think we know. Know this, as promised, the car was Kens Monday. Were there some interesting requests, and did Fil get huffy on the phone, knowing him, he might have. Remember, bloggers hacked computers and were e-mail blasting him, his staff, his family and were calling him all weekend. TV reporters had called, local newspaper etc. Bloggers had called Fil's Father (who does NOT own the dealership by the way) during Easter Dinner. Also called and harassed were his sisters, brother and other family members. So, if you tell someone that it will be handled on Monday, and you get harassed ALL WEEKEND, I think I would have a few words for the ONLY person he could put a face on that had a role in all this. Given the actions of some bloggers, his actions were pretty tame.

Not even going to comment on the youtube video and the pictures, which I hear are very nice centerpiece of their case at this point. This is, in my opinion, nothing more that mob mentality and has gotten way out of hand. I can share this with you. That place was packed all week with people going in to check out the "infamous" ebay M3. In fact, BMW of Lincoln has sold, and pre-sold, more cars to locals this week thru the foot traffic generated by this so. I would bet they have lost nothing from the stack of new sales order I saw. Publicity, good or bad, is still publicity, get people out to check it out, and this is great FREE publicity. I hope it hits 2,000,000 posts!!!

To be quite honest, both of our area dealerships have great reputations and the CCA members go to whichever dealership is closer. The comments I am getting are, actually, not well received as to the comments and portrayals of the dealership by the bloggers. Most are saying it is just not their experience. Many supportive calls and e-mail were sent as well. For Ken I have this. Yes you will be getting your license place frames, your Husker football Tickets and, as all clients that purchase a new or CPO BMW at BMW of Lincoln, you will receive a 1 year membership to the BMW CCA (or a renewal if you already are a member). It is really too bad that you never heard that this dealership won an award from BMW CCA for the dealership signing up the most members of all dealerships in the nation...thats #1 of 368. Again, just stating facts and not throwing out random conspiracy theories.

From what I saw, BMW NA is not getting involved at this time, but I am told that E-bay and BMW NA will make comments once this is over.....I think you will be interested in that information. One last thing. Fil is Not just the GM, but a part owner of the Dealership, I don't think he will be firing himself anytime soon, certainly over something like this.

I am not a troll, just some lowly 1991 BMW M5 driver who happens to be closer to the situation than I expected. You can google me all you want. You will find pics of my car and articles I have written on our chapter newsletter as well as a link to our Chapter website. Feel free to flame me just the same, call me what you want, I have no angle here, nothing invested. I don't buy my cars from dealerships, only fellow CCA members. I do my own maintenance as I am an aircraft mechanic, and I don't work for BMW of Lincoln. All I can go on is my own experiences with them, which is quite positive, and I hear the same from fellow members.

From here on out, I will only make comments on what I KNOW is fact in efforts to quell this firestorm and set records straight. Hurry up Ken and get this thing paid for at this great price. In the end you are getting a great car.

Jeff Gomon, President
Missouri Valley Chapter, BMW CCA
Lincoln, NE
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #1953
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Guys, I want to get your thoughts.
But first off, thanks to everyone who wanted to put together a collection for me. Though it was not needed, I still appreciated the gesture, as I have your support, so thank you for that.

I also appreciate Husker implying I cant afford the car, as it allowed me to once again explain to everyone here what the situation was. The evidence speaks for itself, so I think I'll let everyone here decide which version you want to believe.

That said, this got me thinking of some things we could possibly do, after I get my car. When I receive my 2 license plate frames from Husker, Im thinking of AUCTIONING THEM ON EBAY (NO RESERVE!, LOWEST PRICE ON EBAY). My auctions wont have any reserve price listed, and I promise to sell to the highest bidder.
I'll include a certificate of authenticity (genuine Husker plates), picture of frames with me and the car. Maybe a signed M3 post sticker too (I'll have to check with Jason if its cool). Or maybe someone could submit a drawing or something to put in the license frame.

We'll donate half the proceeds to a charity, such as Doctors without borders, or a children's charity. The other half, I would definitely like to donate to my lawyer Scott, as he has put forth alot of time and effort in this.

Anyone have any good ideas for this? What else could we do? Im open to everyones suggestions. Lets have some fun, as Im looking forward to closure on this!

Regards

Ken
wow, just shows you how clueless the are. they tried to save $10k (rounding up here), and want you to "stop the presses". They got into this mess themselves ! We, the consumer public, think thats on outrage !! they're responsible for the mess they caused, and dragging you along...so they should try to repair their image. maybe they should get chic-watever the publicist name to do that.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #1954
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
cash, lease, wire, cashiers check it all gets into the dealers bank acct the same way
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #1955
bmw-m6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth View Post

I'm all for the guy getting his car, but I think essentially having the Internet community *give* him the car (when he could afford it on his own to begin with), is overreactive and silly.

I know many people (such as myself) can barely afford a $15k car, so that gesture, while well meant, seems... well, dumb.

Why not do as a previous poster suggested and buy the car (if Ken doesn't take it), and donate it to a charity so they can auction off the car to fund its cause? I know many reputable foundations that would delight in this action.

Just my two cents. :P

it never was about the money b/c he clearly could afford it. but look at what a circus the dealership made of it, thinking they're high and mighty.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #1956
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

But you will always rember the sick deal and mb never realy enjoy the car. And when you have to go to the dealer for service or repair - will they treat your car and you well?
I would have backed out on page 33. This dealer is for sure what he looks like on the picture. What a fake smile. HAHA
Its the classic car dealer smile and now proved - a classic car dealer brain.
I must say that he is lucky not to deal with me that way.
US is strange in these matters. Much writing and talking - less action.
      03-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #1957
dtp_jr
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

It seems as though you agree that everything Ken has posted actually happened. So why the threats from Husker's attorney to sue for libel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post

Just left the dealership. The M3 is in just as pristine a condition as the day I saw it and the White coupe delivered and the miles are as announced. (got pics of it, sat in it weeks before this crap started, I started it up, sounds great, looks great). I repeat, there is NOTHING WRONG with the damn car...period so we can stop that line of drivel. I have seen it several times this week and it is being well taken care of. Further, the car is Kens, it HAS been since Monday, all he has to do is have someone, anyone, send the money and pay for it...that's it. Nothing fishy about that. I don't know about the other legal issues as stated in the Lincoln based Lawyer, other than I know the terms of payment have changed since the initial agreement on Monday as lease was brought in which BMW of Lincoln had agreed to extend another 72 hours. One thing remains, he can have the car!! No one is denying him the car, unless payment is not tendered. The dealership, from Kens admission, has been helpful and even gave him the number of someone at E-bay when he could get not response. He asked everyone to please stop the $hitstorm and several posters on this blog reminded of this. This clearly did not happen and has done nothing but fan the flames. Some of the advice, and admissions of actions, posted here were a bit frightening.

In my opinion, some of what is happening now legally is a direct result of this onslaught. It doesn't affect me either way as I must remain neutral in matters like this. As President of BMW CCA, Missouri Valley Chapter in this region, we have a great relationship , as do our members, with both area dealerships. So, I am not posting to support or bash, just to relay what I know as several staff members of BMW of Lincoln are members, some board members of our chapter. Do I have Fil's (which is short for a very Italian name) phone number on my iphone, yes. Did I get an e-mail response from Larry VanTuyl on this matter when I e-mailed him, yes. Do I know the facts, seen the documents, heard the terroristic phone messages, text messages and other various pranks, and seen the disgust in the eyes of the operators that field these calls, yes. Still I kept quiet...

I have not posted as I really wanted to remain neutral, figuring that the bloggers that are digging up all the data would just flame me as a troll of BMW of Lincoln. Feel free to search all you want, I am simply a BMW CCA member with some insight. If this were happening to Markel BMW, I would be doing the same thing. It isn't an issue of Dealership loyalty. I would ask that you go back and check out the dates of the BBB reports. Fil has only been there for 6-9 months. The Z-06 deal was before he was there. A little more insight. The BMW and Mercedes Benz franchise is a separate sales and service building with its own GSM, its own budget, its own sales staff and mechanics. Those BBB reports were for the GM side, a block, and a world, away. Fil cannot control something when he was not even in the state.
Further, Fil did NOT even know about this situation until after the Internet sales guy tried to squash his screw-up, which is what it was, by some quick footwork that didn't obviously work. Fil found out about it, late on Friday and Ken was called and told by that it would all be straightened out on Monday as it was late, and Easter weekend was coming up. Starting Friday and continuing Sat and Easter Sunday this escalated into, well, I think we know. Know this, as promised, the car was Kens Monday. Were there some interesting requests, and did Fil get huffy on the phone, knowing him, he might have. Remember, bloggers hacked computers and were e-mail blasting him, his staff, his family and were calling him all weekend. TV reporters had called, local newspaper etc. Bloggers had called Fil's Father (who does NOT own the dealership by the way) during Easter Dinner. Also called and harassed were his sisters, brother and other family members. So, if you tell someone that it will be handled on Monday, and you get harassed ALL WEEKEND, I think I would have a few words for the ONLY person he could put a face on that had a role in all this. Given the actions of some bloggers, his actions were pretty tame.

Not even going to comment on the youtube video and the pictures, which I hear are very nice centerpiece of their case at this point. This is, in my opinion, nothing more that mob mentality and has gotten way out of hand. I can share this with you. That place was packed all week with people going in to check out the "infamous" ebay M3. In fact, BMW of Lincoln has sold, and pre-sold, more cars to locals this week thru the foot traffic generated by this so. I would bet they have lost nothing from the stack of new sales order I saw. Publicity, good or bad, is still publicity, get people out to check it out, and this is great FREE publicity. I hope it hits 2,000,000 posts!!!

To be quite honest, both of our area dealerships have great reputations and the CCA members go to whichever dealership is closer. The comments I am getting are, actually, not well received as to the comments and portrayals of the dealership by the bloggers. Most are saying it is just not their experience. Many supportive calls and e-mail were sent as well. For Ken I have this. Yes you will be getting your license place frames, your Husker football Tickets and, as all clients that purchase a new or CPO BMW at BMW of Lincoln, you will receive a 1 year membership to the BMW CCA (or a renewal if you already are a member). It is really too bad that you never heard that this dealership won an award from BMW CCA for the dealership signing up the most members of all dealerships in the nation...thats #1 of 368. Again, just stating facts and not throwing out random conspiracy theories.

From what I saw, BMW NA is not getting involved at this time, but I am told that E-bay and BMW NA will make comments once this is over.....I think you will be interested in that information. One last thing. Fil is Not just the GM, but a part owner of the Dealership, I don't think he will be firing himself anytime soon, certainly over something like this.

I am not a troll, just some lowly 1991 BMW M5 driver who happens to be closer to the situation than I expected. You can google me all you want. You will find pics of my car and articles I have written on our chapter newsletter as well as a link to our Chapter website. Feel free to flame me just the same, call me what you want, I have no angle here, nothing invested. I don't buy my cars from dealerships, only fellow CCA members. I do my own maintenance as I am an aircraft mechanic, and I don't work for BMW of Lincoln. All I can go on is my own experiences with them, which is quite positive, and I hear the same from fellow members.

From here on out, I will only make comments on what I KNOW is fact in efforts to quell this firestorm and set records straight. Hurry up Ken and get this thing paid for at this great price. In the end you are getting a great car.

Jeff Gomon, President
Lincoln, NE
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #1958
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post

Jeff Gomon, President
Lincoln, NE
Wow, thank you for sharing.

Just to be clear, you do understand that at no time did Ken ever encourage any of the nonsense with the dealership last weekend?

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread