BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

02-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
dillon733
Major
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3

Blakc Chrome???

I was interested in purchasing black chrome grills for my e92 m3 however their is a very limited number of pictures and all the pictures i found were off of the car. Can anyone please post up pictures of blakc chrome kidney grills on a car (preferably on a e92, or a a black e9X). Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Where have you seen a black chrome grille? I haven't heard of or seen one yet.
      02-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
dillon733
Major
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3

adamaster sells them. I think it looks really good but there realy arnt to many pictures. I dont think to many people know that they even exist. Here is the link. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...62#post2642462
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I think black chrome is simply a high gloss black paint on the entire grill.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I think black chrome is simply a high gloss black paint on the entire grill.
There's a black chrome paint that you can use to paint over chrome parts. It's very popular in the JDM bike scene.
      02-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

A suggestion: Might want to take your existing grill out and paint it, cheaper maybe? I was thinking the same thing. Why go matte when nothing else on the car is matte black (no major piece)?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
Why go matte when nothing else on the car is matte black (no major piece)?
Well except for the matte black door trim, black hood vents, black lower grill. But thats nothing at all, right?

Everything except the kidneys and side gills is black. That is why people change over to matte black kidney grills and side grills. To make it all match with the rest of the trim pieces.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Well except for the matte black door trim, black hood vents, black lower grill. But thats nothing at all, right?

Everything except the kidneys and side gills is black. That is why people change over to matte black kidney grills and side grills. To make it all match with the rest of the trim pieces.
^ matte black door trim? Do you mean inside the door sill?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
^ matte black door trim? Do you mean inside the door sill?
Nope outside, the trim that runs all the way around the front doors and rear windows. You will know what I am talking about when you look at your car, thin strip of black around the side windows. It is matte black, actually called shadow line door trim. Most base BMW's it comes in chrome, the M-cars it comes in matte black.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #10
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

Question regarding a Convertible

Quote:
Nope outside, the trim that runs all the way around the front doors and rear windows. You will know what I am talking about when you look at your car, thin strip of black around the side windows. It is matte black, actually called shadow line door trim. Most base BMW's it comes in chrome, the M-cars it comes in matte black.
Not on the damn E93!

But I want it. How do I get it? It appears a difficult job being that the chrome strip below the roof line appears hard to get at. Appreciate any help fellas. I spoke to BMW and they couldn't offer help.

I assume this to be an aftermarket job specifically?
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #11
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
shadowline trim is glossy, not matte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM3Mang View Post
Not on the damn E93!

But I want it. How do I get it? It appears a difficult job being that the chrome strip below the roof line appears hard to get at. Appreciate any help fellas. I spoke to BMW and they couldn't offer help.

I assume this to be an aftermarket job specifically?
a couple members on the forum have done this mod. i specifically remember somebody doing it by wrapping it with special tape (kinda like a car wrap job). i don't think you could do this through BMW.
      04-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
SoBe
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

anyone know of any pictures of an Alpine White m3 with the black chrome kidney grill
2009 e92 ///M3 AW | DCT | Fully Loaded | CF roof | 19" wheels | Camaross305 HID bulbs | Eisenmann sport exhaust & connecting pipes | V1 hardwired | 20% tints all around | matte black grill w/ jet black surroundings |
Appreciate 0