BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 coupe

Exclamation >>E9X Tuning Software/piggy back/Standalone<<<

I done a search on a couple of forums with little to no luck on ways to tune the M.. I would like to tune my car myself, and I am looking for a tuning software/piggyback, or maybe a stand alone.. Something like a Fcon V pro or a Haltech, AEM, would be ideal... Some thing I can switch MAP's on the fly for different Octane, and other power adders would be nice.. I think its completely ghey that you have to get a mail order re-flash (all cars are different) and require different tunes. In the end I want to know how much timming I am running ect.. If any of you tuners have ay info please post or PM me.. I know theres alot of you JDM guys on here thinking the same thing..

Cheers..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Don't think there anything out there that will switch maps on the fly!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

I'm in the same boat, I've been in talks with a tuner which is working on something. PM me...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMarsal View Post
I'm in the same boat, I've been in talks with a tuner which is working on something. PM me...
Ill shoot you a PM first thing Friday!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMarsal View Post
You got PM
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Beside EVO sport, is there anyone that can tune our ecu's??

By the looks of thing most people dont care to tune their own cars...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletangogreen View Post
Beside EVO sport, is there anyone that can tune our ecu's??

By the looks of thing most people dont care to tune their own cars...
I come from having LSX cars most of my life. 2 Twin turbo gto's, bolt on gto, 3 ls1 camaro's, c6 z06 etc. Needless to say there is ton's of tuning for those cars. And the tuning for those cars is done live. Not to mention you can just buy EFI live or HP tunners etc and tune the car yourself.

BMW has a different system with equations etc. for the tables. So all these ECU "tunes" and stuff are just people like AA reflashing your computer with parameters that they acheived by trial and error. I talked to ESS who already has the supercharger on their e9X M3 and they said it took about a week just to tune it. because basically you have pull the ECU out adjust something in the equations for the tables reflash the ECU, put the computer back in, dyno the car and see how your AFR is. Its a pain in the ass from what he said.

So i dont think their is anything yet nor will their be anything becaus eof the way BMW's computer is.

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
I come from having LSX cars most of my life. 2 Twin turbo gto's, bolt on gto, 3 ls1 camaro's, c6 z06 etc. Needless to say there is ton's of tuning for those cars. And the tuning for those cars is done live. Not to mention you can just buy EFI live or HP tunners etc and tune the car yourself.

BMW has a different system with equations etc. for the tables. So all these ECU "tunes" and stuff are just people like AA reflashing your computer with parameters that they acheived by trial and error. I talked to ESS who already has the supercharger on their e9X M3 and they said it took about a week just to tune it. because basically you have pull the ECU out adjust something in the equations for the tables reflash the ECU, put the computer back in, dyno the car and see how your AFR is. Its a pain in the ass from what he said.

So i dont think their is anything yet nor will their be anything becaus eof the way BMW's computer is.

Fuck BMW!!

Well I am almost at my goal with this car and that to run a 11.8 without touching the motor.. Hp tunners for a BMW?? Imagine the possibilities???
Appreciate 0