Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

EXXEL Distributions

02-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #23
cienzod
Rookie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 E83 // Mini Cooper S vert

Wow, feel really good about my deal now. I bought from Bluebell in Crewe, paid 40K for M3 E90, priced the car with options to 49K. Posted on BMW Approved website as 5k miles. Did the deal over the phone, got great price for my trade-in (Audi A4) turned up and discovered the car only had 50 miles on the clock...result. Would do it again in a heartbeat...
      02-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #24
cienzod
Rookie
United Kingdom
Rep

Actually would add, tried to do a deal with all the local dealers and none would give so much as an inch on discount...local dealer owns all BMW franchises within 80 mile radius. Pays to travel for sure.
      02-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #25
Mollox
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

He was a young chap and gave me the cocky "we'll turn right here onto this road and you can really open it up" ....

All I heard was "really open it up" so I was straight onto the M button, EDC to hard - it was a straight, but very bumpy country lane - and only the 2nd M3 I'd driven. I just floored it in 2nd, then up into 3rd and hung on to the steering wheel for dear life as we bounced around

I think it was as the left hander was approaching fast and I was still on the gas towards the top of 3rd that he went for the seat base. Good brakes on that saloon

But yes, the condition of that car was shocking - part of the reason I bought mine as soon as I saw it the next day was the condition - I couldn't find a single mark anywhere, apart from a couple of tiny stone chips in the roof.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
Mollox
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienzod View Post
Wow, feel really good about my deal now. I bought from Bluebell in Crewe, paid 40K for M3 E90, priced the car with options to 49K. Posted on BMW Approved website as 5k miles. Did the deal over the phone, got great price for my trade-in (Audi A4) turned up and discovered the car only had 50 miles on the clock...result. Would do it again in a heartbeat...
When was that? BMW dumped c.40 delivery mile saloons into the market at 40k in Q2 last year. There were still about 5 or 6 knocking about when I was looking in May/June.

There were so many bargains to be had back then
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #27
cienzod
Rookie
United Kingdom
Rep

Picked it up in May last year...couldn't believe my luck...Bluebell had 2 in stock, identical spec...well worth the trip there and much better on the way back....
      02-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #28
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienzod View Post
Well pleased for you mate. Great find. It really does pay.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #29
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Yah there was a ton of those cars kicking about at the time, problem with them was the spec, alot of them had 18s and shite audio systems. My local dealer had a couple of them in black. They also had the older Idrive system.

I was holding out for a AUCS car with new Idrive and just couldn't find one so dealer came within 3K of what I nearly paid for a AUCS car and from my own view the 3K was worth it to get the new idrive and the colour I wanted (white), the new idrive is so much better than the old one!

Neil.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
Yah there was a ton of those cars kicking about at the time, problem with them was the spec, alot of them had 18s and shite audio systems. My local dealer had a couple of them in black. They also had the older Idrive system.

I was holding out for a AUCS car with new Idrive and just couldn't find one so dealer came within 3K of what I nearly paid for a AUCS car and from my own view the 3K was worth it to get the new idrive and the colour I wanted (white), the new idrive is so much better than the old one!

Neil.
Yeah I agree Neil, the new IDrive is great, mine has this "One Shot" Destination, I though give it go it took it about three weeks to learn my voice, ok now.
Off topic what do you think of this new M5 coming out, I am keen?.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #31
ROCKYJET
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT

hey all,

Thought I would resurrect this v.useful thread for new/used buyers.

Plan was always for me to buy approved used but as some of you rightly say, it should not be much more to get a new one or so I thought.

Whilst I do need finance for a new one, Im still getting the usual stealer BS. Bolting on all sorts of extras on when I didnt ask for them! Oh yes, Ive included a service pack for you and EDC etc; etc
I mean, if I want a great big steak slab with my BLT; I would ask for it surely!!

Rant aside, I find the actual discounts on the actual car quite poor. They seem to be only interested in getting what they think is a comfortable monthly payment
One dealer managed to knock off a whole £ 1200 of the price of the car. Whoppee! and that had finance on top as well!

I have asked for quotes from 4 dealers based around the country
(Crossflags in Scotland has not yet come back to me yet)and whilst I haven't given them feedback yet, just wondering how much discount I can realistically expect in this current market.

I note that one member here got £ 7 k! off his but the car I want is pretty basic spec. DCT is a complimentary upgrade at the mo and bluetooth is all I need. (I want to fit BBS alloys afterwards)

Any help and or strategy greatly appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #32
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Hi,

I got my one approved used last May.

You have to travel if you want the right car at a good price. I kept an eye on the "coming soon" lists on the bmw approved used website. That is how I picked this one up as it wasn't officially on sale yet. I phoned the dealer and got a price for my trade in and he said if you leave a deposit that secures the car. If when you come to see it you change your mind or don't like the car then we will give you the deposit back so nothing to lose. Anyway I went down and saw the car/test drive and we struck a deal there and then.

I did consider the new option but at the time I couldn't get much off my local dealer and to be honest I wasn't looking to pay that much.

Good luck with it.
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0