BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

02-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
Too much smoothing to pick up on many dips or spikes, unfortunately.

Kao- unless the AFR meter was hooked up incorrectly, you are running extremely rich...over a point too rich.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #24
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I sent Mike Benvo a link to this thread and just spoke with him and he brought up some pretty good points about why results on all the cars dynoed were not expected. First off I had concerns with air flow from the beginning and that's probably a pretty big reason we're low reading. They had one wussy fan when I've seen M3s dynoed with 4 MONSTER fans. There was not good air flow. Also, the placement on rollers and strapping was a little wishy washy and he thought that could make differences too. And then there's other stuff like wheel/tire diameters, etc. But overall, it's too hard to see an improvement from a tune unless you get a baseline, tune it while still on the rollers, and then run it again. All I know is the car does not at all feel like it did before the tune and I'm happy with it's performance. I just wish I hadn't even bothered doing a dyno run but hey, I had a great time hanging out with everyone. Next little meet up we'll do a drive instead.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #25
RPMjunkie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Got 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Also, the placement on rollers and strapping was a little wishy washy and he thought that could make differences too.

Was it you that pointed out the position of your tires on the rollers? I remember after I ran my 1M, someone mentioned that they were sitting on the crown of the rollers, where as I remember my car's tires were positioned just forward of the crown.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMjunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Also, the placement on rollers and strapping was a little wishy washy and he thought that could make differences too.

Was it you that pointed out the position of your tires on the rollers? I remember after I ran my 1M, someone mentioned that they were sitting on the crown of the rollers, where as I remember my car's tires were positioned just forward of the crown.
Posting from mobile.

How the car sits on the rollers / strap down can make a big difference.

Years ago when my car was being dynoed at Gintani, the car jumped up on the rollers and made 20 whp more.

I've seen strap down tension account for 15ish hp, and fans are very important to keep IATs down or the car will not hit its ignition targets.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0