BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

05-08-2009, 02:00 AM   #23
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Yep, remoteKEY works perfect for this.
this is all what you need ... I had it on my 335i and now on M3 and it works perfect !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #24
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
How easy is it to install anyways? Does it work with the comfort controls?
      05-08-2009, 05:30 AM   #25
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentanyl View Post
How easy is it to install anyways? Does it work with the comfort controls?
15 minutes tops
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #26
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

It's nice that there is a fix, but for $200 I think I'll just continue pushing the little button on my way out of the car like I've been doing.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #27
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Not looking for an exact answer, but what are the odds that the option, or any others that may exist would be doable on an ED car, or even better, an ED car that is getting its 1200 mi svc done before coming home. There's an idea. Kinda requires a bunch of planning, but.......
ED cars are US specs...so the answer is no.
      05-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #28
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1986 View Post
or you could just hit the button on the way out of the car...a mere 2 seconds additional?? My father's Mercedes does it automatically so the law isn't the problem, BMW is LOL
DITTO
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #29
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Tom, is there a possbility of doing a group buy for this product since some people are against the price?

Interested in Group Buy
1. E90///M3`
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #30
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
Tom, is there a possbility of doing a group buy for this product since some people are against the price?

Interested in Group Buy
1. E90///M3`
The price will be going up slightly soon due to increased hardware costs.

I would advise getting in early to take advantage of the introduction price while we've been holding onto for quite some time.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #31
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The price will be going up slightly soon due to increased hardware costs.

I would advise getting in early to take advantage of the introduction price while we've been holding onto for quite some time.
ahhh, in that case i guess i'll have to do that!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #32
ZorroSoBe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 6MT

First US guy to go to the dealer for service should ask about getting this done!!

I got my mirror SMASHED while parked on the sidewalk by a moron on a scooter, glass only was almost $400...

2 days later I saw that the front bumper was scratched down to the plastic, apparently he fell hard after hitting my mirror.

Ever since, I ALWAYS fold them.

BREAK FREE FROM IT'S SHACKLES, THINK FOR YOURSELF.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
ZorroSoBe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 6MT

EAS, I love your product selection! whenever I get out of this financial mess I will surely start to buy from you.

One thing though, I only wish that in your website I could select "E92M3" and just browse products for my car only...

BREAK FREE FROM IT'S SHACKLES, THINK FOR YOURSELF.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #34
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroSoBe View Post
EAS, I love your product selection! whenever I get out of this financial mess I will surely start to buy from you.

One thing though, I only wish that in your website I could select "E92M3" and just browse products for my car only...
This will be one of the features in the facelift that is current in progress.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #35
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Not much information is given on how exactly this module works. I have questions about where this module is placed, how do you do the programming, and how it actually works with the keyless entry and everything. Can someone clarify these things. Thanks.
      05-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #36
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Not much information is given on how exactly this module works. I have questions about where this module is placed, how do you do the programming, and how it actually works with the keyless entry and everything. Can someone clarify these things. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
This was covered in our journal back in August: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=91

Those that have experience with us know about our heavy involvement in integrated devices such as video/reverse camera and iPod integration. The same path is planed for this vehicle as our current e46 - with the intention of presenting vehicle options that are both convenient and non-obtrusive to the driver, as if they were offered from BMW.

One of the first mods upon delivery was the remoteKEY convenience module.

A while back we were able to release a convertible top module for the e93 Convertibles that allowed for key FOB-controlled access to the convertible top and windows, as well as one-touch and operation while the vehicle was in motion. Button commands are received and translated by remoteKEY to other factory commands in order to utilize the new features when desired.

On the e46, folding mirrors was an euro-only option that required an expensive upgrade for US vehicles since the motors were not available separately. thankfully, BMW fitted the US models with the folding mirror option in Premium package-equipped models so we can enjoy the same options as the euro models.

remoteKEY Product Features:

- Remote window control: One-Touch operation of the windows and sunroof with the original remote on all models (US and Euro)
- Automatic door unlocking when ignition is turned off. Avoid having to pull the door handles twice to get out
- Comfort windows: All windows can be closed One-Touch with the wide "All-Windows" button in the driver's door.
- User programmable: The module can be individually enabled or disabled. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.
- Remote Fold-in Mirrors (if equipped). remoteKEY will fold in your mirrors on alarm activation. Optional autofold or manual fold (double button press) are among your available options.
- Shop/Diagnose mode: If activated the module is completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes invisible to diagnostic tools.

Installation is as follows:

Open glovebox to access fuse panel/CAN wiring:

Access panel removed exposing fuses/wiring harness:

Harness pulled for easier access, CANBUS wires are twisted pair in green & orange color:

remoteKEY installed - simple 4 wire tap. Green LED confirms proper install & CAN activity:

That's it. Tuck module away and close govebox door to prepare for programming.

Programming:

All programming is done by using the blinker stalk and the two green turn signal/indicator arrows on your gauge display. Functions are indicated by the left arrow and their settings are indicated by the right arrow. Navigation is done by pushing the stalk down (next function) or pushing it up to move to the next available setting. After selecting the last function or function setting, the setup automatically jumps back to the first function/lowest setting. Each time either a new function is selected or a function's setting is changed, the blinker arrows will indicate the new status by first blinking the function (left arrow) and then the current setting (right arrow).

To enter programming mode, you will tap the UNLOCK button on the remote fob, then push and hold the blinker stalk DOWN (only into the first position, not all the way!) until the left arrow blinks once to indicate function 1. Now let go of the stalk. From this point on you can navigate through the functions by pushing the stalk down and once the arrows are finished indicating the function and setting, change the setting by pushing it up. The new settings are active immediately.

To end programming mode, either wait for 30 sec. or insert the key into the ignition lock. End of programming mode is indicated by both arrows lighting up simultaneously for 1 second.

Programming Options:

Function 1 - Module Mode (0=OFF / 1=REMOTE / 2=REMOTE+UNLOCK)
When disabled (setting 0), the module becomes completely inactive and behaves as if it was not installed. This is especially useful when the vehicle is taken into the dealership for inspection/repairs. The module can not even be seen by and does not interfere with BMWs GT1/OPS programmer, nor our Autologic terminal.

- Setting 1 allows remote operation of the windows and the sunroof by using the original factory remote fob: Press and hold UNLOCK for 2 seconds: Open all windows
- Press and hold LOCK for 2 seconds: Close all windows
- Press and hold UNLOCK for 5 seconds: Open windows and sunroof
- Press and hold LOCK for 5 seconds: Close windows and sunroof

My personal favorite in addition to the remote operations, setting 2 allows automatic unlocking of the doors when the ignition is turned off. This removes the requirement to pull the door handles twice to get out of the car.

Function 2 - Compatibility (0=Sedan / 1=Coupe)
This function allows setting of different compatibility modes for the module. If switched OFF, the module uses a programming sequence known to be "more compatible" but activation of the windows and sunroof may take a couple of seconds after the remote button is released. Setting 1 allows for a quicker reaction and simultaneous closing of sunroof and windows but may only raise the front windows half-way on Sedan models.

Function 3 - Folding mirrors (0=OFF / 1=AUTO / 2=MANUAL)
This function allows remote control of the motorized mirrors (if equipped). Setting 1 (auto) will fold the mirrors automatically upon locking/unlocking the car by remote. Setting 2 (manual) allows manual folding/unfolding of the mirrors by remote by double-tapping the LOCK button on the remote.

Here are some videos of the module in action:

While it's a bit hard to see in the video - the sunroof is fully operational as well. More info on remoteKEY can be found on our site:

remoteKEY window Control for 3-series (e9X) Coupe & Sedan
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1796

remoteKEY does not interfere with BMWs equipped with Comfort Access. As stated earlier, the module features are intended to be used and not seen with seamless integration as if it were originally offered by BMW.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #38
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I purchased this unit from Tom @ EAS. I'm very good with 12v so it probably only took me about 2 minutes to install it and a few minutes to program it. But even a novice can install this in about 10 minutes. It works fantastic, the only issue I've had is sometimes the mirrors will get out of synch and fold in when disarmed, fold out when armed. Real simple fix for that is to use the button and it will synch up again. When I put my car on display at shows, usually I have to leave the mirrors folded out so I just hit the mirror button to close the mirrors. Then I arm my car and the mirrors fold out and my car is armed.

Sometimes I use it to roll my windows down and my Bimmer friends at work wish they could do that, too.
      05-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #39
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
I purchased this unit from Tom @ EAS. I'm very good with 12v so it probably only took me about 2 minutes to install it and a few minutes to program it. But even a novice can install this in about 10 minutes. It works fantastic, the only issue I've had is sometimes the mirrors will get out of synch and fold in when disarmed, fold out when armed. Real simple fix for that is to use the button and it will synch up again. When I put my car on display at shows, usually I have to leave the mirrors folded out so I just hit the mirror button to close the mirrors. Then I arm my car and the mirrors fold out and my car is armed.

Sometimes I use it to roll my windows down and my Bimmer friends at work wish they could do that, too.
Okay. I'll buy this then come to you to install it for a dumass like me. Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #40
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for the info Tom After all that how can you not want it now
      05-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #41
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

the is kinda offtopic but does both of your mirrors close at the same time? My driver side seems to be slower than the passenger side. Had the dealer replace the motor on my driver's side, it seems to do the same thing.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #42
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Hi guys... I recently bought a 9 month old E93 M3.. the guy who bought it from new added every extra apart from one... the electric folding mirrors, I know... what a dumba$$..... Does anyone know if there is a retro kit for this?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #43
badfish
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post
the is kinda offtopic but does both of your mirrors close at the same time? My driver side seems to be slower than the passenger side. Had the dealer replace the motor on my driver's side, it seems to do the same thing.

Ed Lin
Don't worry, every car is like this...
      05-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #44
badfish
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Okay. I'll buy this then come to you to install it for a dumass like me. Hahaha
No problem Or if you pick it up from EAS I'm sure Tom could lend a hand.