BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

12-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #45
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Has anyone worked with this company?

http://www.bmwmsp.com/en/

I'm working with Lisa and she's over in UAE.

I was ready to put my $3000 deposit to reserve a build M3 however, it is against their policy for me to provide my Credit Card information. She requires me to wire the funds to them? What are your experience with that company? I dont want to be scammed.

Darren
I am currently working with this company. It seems to me that I remember my buddies that had placed an order with them provide their credit card information on a form and then faxed/emailed it back to them. I just wrote a check and sent it in to their offices in Raleigh, NC.

Hope that helps some.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #46
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

I used my credit card
      12-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #47
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

About fracking time..2150 was a damn rip..and it was NA that was charging that mess..thank you AG for growing a pair
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #48
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

About fracking time..2150 was a damn rip..and it was NA that was charging that mess..thank you AG for growing a pair
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 04:00 AM   #49
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Hey since it looks like the delivery shipment cost is going wayyyy down and word on a price increase......I know the M3 is n't out yet but what about the rest of the line of the 3 sereis..I hope not...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #50
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

i got that same email.. its great news but how much is the CAR going to cost thats what i want to know.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #51
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

i sware im just sitting here waiting to pull the trigger

i really want the m3 but if its gonna cost me 65k pluss ill pass and get a S5
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #52
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Certainly in the end it is the final price which matters. The nice thing with this information is we can tolerate a $1300 increase over expectations and still get the vehicle! Well, I guess that is if the same % MSP discount applies......and if they release it sometime SOON. Otherwise I'll get a used something which may be more fun to drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 10:05 PM   #53
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

Deposit in the mail

I made my deposit today for Military Sales and mailed my $3000 check. I want to secure a spot for M-DCT M3 for next year.
2005 BMW E46 M3 TiAg (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #54
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

1300 dollar increase I hope not
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #55
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The issue here isn't the wait. It is the apparent disrespect BMW has for those looking to purchase the first cars. How do you have the North American debut(long after the world release) without pricing? I thought this month was to be the start of production for the US? Do they expect us to crap 60K the moment they figure out how much to charge (as if this wasn't decided months ago)?

With the number of other choices at the moment, they should be courting us! Where is the customer service? I can't even find a dealer who wants to take delivery of the car. I suppose without profit on the sale they are missing out? What about the dealer added options? Service? Dinan? Stoneguard?

My experience with Honda has been much better. At this point if they had a replacement for the S2000 available I would probably buy one simply based on price to performance. Trust me, I don't have to drive a 60K car.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #56
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
The issue here isn't the wait. It is the apparent disrespect BMW has for those looking to purchase the first cars. How do you have the North American debut(long after the world release) without pricing? I thought this month was to be the start of production for the US? Do they expect us to crap 60K the moment they figure out how much to charge (as if this wasn't decided months ago)?

With the number of other choices at the moment, they should be courting us! Where is the customer service? I can't even find a dealer who wants to take delivery of the car. I suppose without profit on the sale they are missing out? What about the dealer added options? Service? Dinan? Stoneguard?

My experience with Honda has been much better. At this point if they had a replacement for the S2000 available I would probably buy one simply based on price to performance. Trust me, I don't have to drive a 60K car.

I have been saying that forever..BMW has no respect for the NA market..I swear if people didn't buy the M3 for the first month it was out man would they change their tune..but we won't do it I love bimmers...to death but NA is shit
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #57
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:

That or the new customer M3's wont be available until late spring...

I dont buy the late Jan dates...

Jason
      12-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #58
InJapan
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSgt B View Post
Yes those are a "no state tax" state but that doesn't mean they are a "no sales tax" state. Each state has a different requirement so the best thing is to do online research on the state you are planning to register with. For example:

Oregon

Also, this book will tell you everything about title and registration in every state. NADA
My Military rep has it so when I figure out where I am going...I will know the rules.
The Texas, Florida, Nevada thing was in respect to income tax.. not every military guy will buy a BMW but we are all liable for state taxes. His post alludes to the fact that he maybe a California resident.

I thought everyone knew that Oregon is a no sales tax state.

The best thing for the guy going to California is to have the car delivered in Oregon, have Texas residency and get the tags /registration for $25+, and then drive it in California.
If he is a resident of a different state than the state that he is stationed at, the state that he is stationed at MAY defer most of the automobile taxes.
One other thing... if you return to your state of residency with your car, that state may tax your car for all the previous years. So sell the car if you are moving back to your home state.

I've been in the military a while and I know most of the tricks.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #59
JuniorDee
Captain
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Something even better about Florida over the other states....no emissions testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #60
JoB01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50 & 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJapan View Post
The Texas, Florida, Nevada thing was in respect to income tax.. not every military guy will buy a BMW but we are all liable for state taxes. His post alludes to the fact that he maybe a California resident.

I thought everyone knew that Oregon is a no sales tax state.

The best thing for the guy going to California is to have the car delivered in Oregon, have Texas residency and get the tags /registration for $25+, and then drive it in California.
If he is a resident of a different state than the state that he is stationed at, the state that he is stationed at MAY defer most of the automobile taxes.
One other thing... if you return to your state of residency with your car, that state may tax your car for all the previous years. So sell the car if you are moving back to your home state.

I've been in the military a while and I know most of the tricks.
Sorry, this might be a redundant question, but this is the first time I've bought (well, considering buying) a new car and I'm trying to wrap my caveman brain around this idea...

I'm on an IA in the middle east. My new duty station (PCS) is in California. I'm an Idaho state resident (no state tax for active duty). I've put money down on an M3 sedan... if I have it delivered to Oregan (let's say... Medford), then I won't have to pay sales tax? Or will I have to pay sales tax in the state I register it in (Idaho)? Or will I ONLY have to pay sales tax in Idaho if I move back to Idaho?

Thanks for the help on this, guys! The idea of a new car has me pretty excited, but also pretty nervous... lots of second guessing going on here!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #61
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The best I can tell is the Sales Tax, otherwise known as the Use Tax, is paid to the state in which you register the vehicle. Apparently Oregon has neither, which is why I may try to register it there. If you have the car delivered somewhere without sales tax, but register it where there is a use tax, then you are stuck. For example, I pick up the car in Oregon and then drive to CA and register it. I would be stuck with the nearly 8% use tax. If I have it delivered to Oregon and register it to an address there, I don't pay the 4K tax. Once the tags expire, I register it is CA and no on is the wiser. Well, no one except those who read this board.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #62
JoB01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50 & 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
The best I can tell is the Sales Tax, otherwise known as the Use Tax, is paid to the state in which you register the vehicle. Apparently Oregon has neither, which is why I may try to register it there. If you have the car delivered somewhere without sales tax, but register it where there is a use tax, then you are stuck. For example, I pick up the car in Oregon and then drive to CA and register it. I would be stuck with the nearly 8% use tax. If I have it delivered to Oregon and register it to an address there, I don't pay the 4K tax. Once the tags expire, I register it is CA and no on is the wiser. Well, no one except those who read this board.
hmmm, I think it's time to look up my cousins in Oregon.....

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #63
InJapan
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola

If you want to stay more "legal", ask the Idaho DOT about the registration costs. You might be able to pick the car up in Oregon and register it in Idaho (since you are are military Idaho resident stationed in another state) and then drive it in California with minimal costs.

The draw back to getting California tags after one year with Oregon tags is that California MAY still get you for the yearly California tags/ registration cost which would most likely be quite a bit more than a stationed elsewhere Idaho tag. California MAY also defer the usual costs because you are military and have a different state residency.

Does anyone know the specifics for California / Idaho?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 08:36 AM   #64
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
I found this on the DMV website. Maybe it might help:

Link

Info
Watch that last line on the above link

V/r
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #65
lnaesll
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005Yamaha R6

how dose this work for soldiers stationed in the us? is it the same?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #66
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnaesll View Post
how dose this work for soldiers stationed in the us? is it the same?
If your in the military and currently not deployed our outside of the United States, then you do not qualify for the Military Sales Program.

Read the FAQ pages.
http://www.bmwmsp.com/en/
2005 BMW E46 M3 TiAg (sold)
Appreciate 0