BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
bk_g80_m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Best "lazy" leather care products for novillo leather? E90 M3

hey guys,

I just got my M3 used. The previous owner didn't care about the leather in the car. It looks pretty lousy. I daily drive my car so I don't have time to let it sit for two days with the leatherique stuff which looks to be the best, but takes a lot of time an patience.

My question for all of you is: What's the best leather system for the impatient?

Specifically I'd like something that does cleaning an conditioning in one package, but I'm cool if you have to use two different products.

I can tell the leather in my car was poorly cared for.

* It's shiny
* It has cracks on the driver's side bolster
* it has some spots (water I think)

So I need to do some deep cleaning, and treatment. I'd like to have it done in a couple of hours or less.

Hit me with your recommendations! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Given the condition of your leather, I would wait unit you do have 2 days to spare for leatherique, it's going to make a big difference. Prob not what you want to hear, sorry
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
hey guys,

I just got my M3 used. The previous owner didn't care about the leather in the car. It looks pretty lousy. I daily drive my car so I don't have time to let it sit for two days with the leatherique stuff which looks to be the best, but takes a lot of time an patience.

My question for all of you is: What's the best leather system for the impatient?

Specifically I'd like something that does cleaning an conditioning in one package, but I'm cool if you have to use two different products.

I can tell the leather in my car was poorly cared for.

* It's shiny
* It has cracks on the driver's side bolster
* it has some spots (water I think)

So I need to do some deep cleaning, and treatment. I'd like to have it done in a couple of hours or less.

Hit me with your recommendations! Thanks!
1- You need patience (1-2 days)
2- This you need and will do the job(other are wasting of time and money !) >>> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768340
Why i know this ? >>> expierence !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
leather masters trio kit is what I use. you'll like the results and wait time is only about 1-2 hours depending on if you use all three of the products. for maintenance I would recommend sonax leather foam as it is a great 2in1
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I use leather masters as well. Great products and easy to use. The basic set is the Cleaner and Protection Cream.

For a regular 1 step, the 1z einszett Leather Care is pretty good. Engineered in Germany for German leather.

If your leather is cracked, there is nothing you can do about that. You need to find a leather repair place to get that fixed properly.
      10-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
bk_g80_m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I use leather masters as well. Great products and easy to use. The basic set is the Cleaner and Protection Cream.

For a regular 1 step, the 1z einszett Leather Care is pretty good. Engineered in Germany for German leather.

If your leather is cracked, there is nothing you can do about that. You need to find a leather repair place to get that fixed properly.
Yeah I understand the cracks are there for good unless I drop some serious dough to get it fixed. I just wanted to get everything else back to stock. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and get the leatherique at some point.

It seems now that the weather is turning it's not as good of a time to do it.

Perhaps I'll just buy the leather master one first.

Off topic: Googling leather masters yields interesting results.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Best routine product IMO is the BMW leather cleaner/conditioner. Very easy to use, one step product. I apply it about once per quarter. Use the included sponge to wipe on, let sit for a little while and wipe off with the included cloth or a soft towel. Leaves no residue and preserves the natural leather finish with no shine or smell.
      10-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Best routine product IMO is the BMW leather cleaner/conditioner. Very easy to use, one step product. I apply it about once per quarter. Use the included sponge to wipe on, let sit for a little while and wipe off with the included cloth or a soft towel. Leaves no residue and preserves the natural leather finish with no shine or smell.
BMW car care products are made by Einszett and Sonax. No need to pay BMW mark up if you get it straight from the source.
      10-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
BMW car care products are made by Einszett and Sonax. No need to pay BMW mark up if you get it straight from the source.
Never heard that before and been using for a while. I've got a bottle of Einszett's lederpflege - will compare this weekend. Either way nice and easy to use with great results.
      10-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
Z K
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Never heard that before and been using for a while. I've got a bottle of Einszett's lederpflege - will compare this weekend. Either way nice and easy to use with great results.

Yup... BMW wheel cleaner:

Sonax wheel cleaner:

It's even the same bottle! In the case of the wheel cleaner, the BMW product is not the same as the Sonax "Full Effect" cleaner but a more mild version from Sonax.
      10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Yeah I understand the cracks are there for good unless I drop some serious dough to get it fixed. I just wanted to get everything else back to stock. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and get the leatherique at some point.

It seems now that the weather is turning it's not as good of a time to do it.

Perhaps I'll just buy the leather master one first.

Off topic: Googling leather masters yields interesting results.
get the sonax leather foam i'm telling you!! Z K just confirmed it too hahaha if you want deep cleaning leather masters will still get you on the right track due to your time limit. use the sonax for maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
JR M3
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Colourlock (aka swissvax) leather cleaner and leather milk works the best IMO and their leather softener is the shit
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR M3 View Post
Colourlock (aka swissvax) leather cleaner and leather milk works the best IMO and their leather softener is the shit
Way too expensive for any type of leather cleaning but it does work
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #14
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
+1.

It's easy as pie to use.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
Given the condition of your leather, I would wait unit you do have 2 days to spare for leatherique, it's going to make a big difference. Prob not what you want to hear, sorry
Totally agree, shocking what is removed and how the leather feels for months afterwards.
      10-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Leather Master is pretty solid for maintenance, but I agree you should use Leatherique Rejuvenator at least once a year.
      10-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Leather Master is pretty solid for maintenance, but I agree you should use Leatherique Rejuvenator at least once a year.
+1 on the strong cleaner, it completely brought out the colored stitching on the steering wheel just using a toothbrush and the vital is also great at making the wheel soft.