BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

05-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
M3amigos
HP addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E93 6MT

Exclamation Square Setups & Tire Warranties

I'm curious to know if anyone has switched to a square setup on OEM wheels. Usually on staggered fitments, the tire manufacturers cut the mileage warranty in half. I just installed a new rear set of Michelin PSS in the stock size (265/35-19 on 220s) which I'm sure won't last the rated 30k miles.

Theoretically, if I installed 265/35-19 PSS on the front wheels, all four should be covered under the full 30k mile warranty, correct? I know the wheels are different sizes/offsets and it would probably be unwise to rotate them, but if they wore out in 15k miles for example, wouldn't I be entitled to a pro-rated refund/discount on my next set?

In anyone's experience, would handling suffer from a 265 square setup? Another thought I had was if the front tires were the same size as the rear, it would help fill some of the front fender gap on stock suspension that is usually greater than the rear. Are there any other issues are I am overlooking?
      05-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
M3amigos
HP addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E93 6MT

So I guess someone answered my question in another recent thread, the 265 width Michelin PSS recommend a 9"-10" wheel, and the stock 220M is 8.5" in the front.

Now again out of curiosity, would a second set of rear 220Ms fit up front? What are the allowable offsets for 9.5" front wheels?