BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Asia

05-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #23
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

performance i have to pick and see which goes well with the car alone.....don't want to spend some much of my dollar fitting things that will make the car goes worst.

I have ride this m3 with an instructor over in BMW Performance Center in the States during FEB lapping its driver training course...and it feels just as good as right now..

as for springs..I want something alittle stiffer but not bouncing all the bumps on the road. I have ride on a porsche with sports springs..and it just hops on all the bumps...

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #24
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92M3 and Z33

ICIC, thats very ture. beside the EDC works really nice, and it doesn't bouncing all arround.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #25
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 530 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
as for springs..I want something alittle stiffer but not bouncing all the bumps on the road. I have ride on a porsche with sports springs..and it just hops on all the bumps...
Not from HK, just like to fill in a little.

You may have to compromise a little comfort with lowering springs... there's simply less suspension compression available. Currently, I only know of H&R and KW having specifically designed springs for E92 M3 with EDC.

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguid...|%20M3%20Coupe

Good choice on Gruppe M CF intake... looks awesome eh? A forum member BMW-M-Mexico actually reported a noticeable performance improvement with this upgrade.

I'll decide on a new car later this year... either the E92 M3 DCT or the upgraded 911S. Cars are very expensive here in KL
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 05:01 AM   #26
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechoong View Post
Not from HK, just like to fill in a little.

You may have to compromise a little comfort with lowering springs... there's simply less suspension compression available. Currently, I only know of H&R and KW having specifically designed springs for E92 M3 with EDC.

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguid...|%20M3%20Coupe

Good choice on Gruppe M CF intake... looks awesome eh? A forum member BMW-M-Mexico actually reported a noticeable performance improvement with this upgrade.

I'll decide on a new car later this year... either the E92 M3 DCT or the upgraded 911S. Cars are very expensive here in KL
thx for your comment, yeah actually the EDC suspension works fine for me, i need to give a try on the track and see there is any improvement required, and ya thats why i am thinking of ordering the intake system

but i am still not sure about the Exhaust~~~~~~to be Ti or not
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
dechoong
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 530 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
thx for your comment, yeah actually the EDC suspension works fine for me, i need to give a try on the track and see there is any improvement required, and ya thats why i am thinking of ordering the intake system

but i am still not sure about the Exhaust~~~~~~to be Ti or not
Ti exhaust = $$$... too rich for me

Personally, Remus will do. I do not want a booming sound in the cabin when cruising at highway speed.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Thats True...I want sth that sounds a little stronger then stock but not like making all the cops looking at my car...lol

Back to springs, You're correct that I might need to compromise some of my comfort in exchange for the springs...I mean I will stick with sports springs and not race springs. The Porsche I rode on was more like tracked setup i would say....the car gave me tons of feedback...but as a daily driver...it might not be a good thing...

On the other hand, reading what other people posted, the M5 and M6's aftermarket springs doesn't last more than 6-7 months...and I'm abit worry as well...If you DON'T have EDC I think that will be much better off....but since I do have one install now...I don't want the spring snap and hurt the EDC.....i will be p@in in the @ss if the EDC broke..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechoong View Post
Ti exhaust = $$$... too rich for me

Personally, Remus will do. I do not want a booming sound in the cabin when cruising at highway speed.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #29
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5

not E92 owner but E46....
i just cant justify buying the E92 for 400k more then my GTR

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #30
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea View Post
not E92 owner but E46....
i just cant justify buying the E92 for 400k more then my GTR
hehe, it is really depends on what you want it for.....if you are talking about the speed/track use only...for sure that i will pick for GTR. some of the Ferrari owners said it is even better then their F430.

Before i decide to buy E92, i have the same question of you, is how can i justify myself buying the E92 for 400k more then GTR~~this question keep flying in my mind.

the reason i pick E92 rather then GTR ( didn't said E92 is better), if you take out the performance, overall rating of the car for E92 would be higher then GTR and also i would think E92 is more elegance if compare to GTR, and there are just too many GTR (there should be atleast 100 on the road) la and i want something different/ speical(less then 20 so far). also i dun want to buy water stock car, but if Nissan HK do have the GTR V-spec it should be another story for me hehe.

Anyway good choice for picking GT-R, it is also one of my dream car man!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 09:22 AM   #31
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep

i've yet to drive the M3... my gf's E93 M3 just arrived in van, hopefully i can drive it soon! but even the price is a lot cheaper, i still think its not worth it... i still ended up picking a C63 in vancouver rather then a M3, at least i'm lucky enough to have someone paid for one and I can drive LOL
otherwise I dont think i'll ever get into a E9x M3 anytime soon tbh

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #32
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
i've yet to drive the M3... my gf's E93 M3 just arrived in van, hopefully i can drive it soon! but even the price is a lot cheaper, i still think its not worth it... i still ended up picking a C63 in vancouver rather then a M3, at least i'm lucky enough to have someone paid for one and I can drive LOL
otherwise I dont think i'll ever get into a E9x M3 anytime soon tbh
lol~~you already have a GTR, why bother to get yourself an E9x M3 lei? right? hehehe....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #33
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep

GTR and M3 is totally different cars. I enjoy cars that are quality build, and acceptable driving performance in the price range. I've had a Vitz RS and to most ppl its just an cheap econ box, but i still enjoy that car. as long as its a good car, it doesn't matter if its 100hp or 500hp.

the M3 is however out of the price range i was looking for
i'd expect more for the price.

tbh, after drivin the GTR, even the M5 feels slow (under 200km/h), but the feeling the M5 V10 gives its just unbelievable, no matter how good the GTR is, imo M cars have a special emotion, where Nissan lacks that. Its something the japanese could never figure it out.

Vancouver - C63, S4
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #34
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

To be honest, if it wasn't that Nissan has release the news about V-Spec of the new GTR, or people driving this car all over HKG now...I could have buy one...

however, seriously...driving GTR's in HKG sometimes is abit scary...you know these babes gets stolen like crazy everyday like the r32-r34 back in the days...and the R35 has abit wider body as well...

I have to say one thing though, im a big fan of GTR..and my frd had a 1000hp GTR R34...but with such a load...it will just get you loads of trouble (I have heard news about these cars get's trashed by cops...one of the hit list)...

so I went to the euro direction...at least its not as popular to "You must be a racer" when you driving a J-tuned cars...

Plus...R35 has too much restrictions on it's tuning.....its still a very young car..chipping them can me an issue (like mines has issues with some of them and cannot get the cars to start)......

so there are things to bare in mind for me...when it comes to R35....and I'm not saying Euro cars doesn't have those concerns, but Cops is a big no no to me.....

HAHA...seriously...you really should just HUNT FOR Z-TUNE...loaded with power, speed, AND ITS FACTORY TUNE....LOL...(It's my dream that I will not have)

Quote:
GTR and M3 is totally different cars. I enjoy cars that are quality build, and acceptable driving performance in the price range. I've had a Vitz RS and to most ppl its just an cheap econ box, but i still enjoy that car. as long as its a good car, it doesn't matter if its 100hp or 500hp.

the M3 is however out of the price range i was looking for
i'd expect more for the price.

tbh, after drivin the GTR, even the M5 feels slow (under 200km/h), but the feeling the M5 V10 gives its just unbelievable, no matter how good the GTR is, imo M cars have a special emotion, where Nissan lacks that. Its something the japanese could never figure it out.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #35
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep

i have the Amuse ECU along with the amuse titan exhaust. so far no problem.
the R35 have no issues with thieves, they simply cant steal it, unless they tow my car or go order another key.

I think V-Spec will be out of my budget. its said to be around 1.6m.... its no longer a "bargain"

i drive this car daily, and also have a china plate on it LOL

there are a couple of Z-Tune in HK actually. it was about 1.2m before tax. and like all 02+ GTR, it doesnt pass the hk emission test so its unable to be registered. only can be driven with T-Plate. anyways, the R35 is faster then R34 Z-Tuned

Vancouver - C63, S4
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #36
laicosmo
Finally Beauty & the Beast
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & R35

Hi everyone, i'm also a future owner a E92 DCT in HKG, well glad to know there are people from HK in this forum. By the way nice choice in the Mod option, for myself I have order Gruppe M intake and Amuse E. TI. Exhust. Also order Vortsier CF diffuser, front Lip and CSL boot Lid. Do you guys know where i can get these parts install? I order the exhust and intake from Top Racing but personelly i'm not sure they are familar with E92 M, Do you guys know where i can get professional intallation?

Also are you guys going to put a clear bra on once your car arrive???

thanks for you input, Enjoy your car, BTW my is JET Black
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #37
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laicosmo View Post
Hi everyone, i'm also a future owner a E92 DCT in HKG, well glad to know there are people from HK in this forum. By the way nice choice in the Mod option, for myself I have order Gruppe M intake and Amuse E. TI. Exhust. Also order Vortsier CF diffuser, front Lip and CSL boot Lid. Do you guys know where i can get these parts install? I order the exhust and intake from Top Racing but personelly i'm not sure they are familar with E92 M, Do you guys know where i can get professional intallation?

Also are you guys going to put a clear bra on once your car arrive???

thanks for you input, Enjoy your car, BTW my is JET Black
How much for the Gruppe M intake?? how long did Top Racing telling you it takes to order? Since I want similar mods but still looking for some retails locally if possible..

My Car is there by next week...but I just cant drive it yet as Im in the states now....

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #38
laicosmo
Finally Beauty & the Beast
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & R35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
How much for the Gruppe M intake?? how long did Top Racing telling you it takes to order? Since I want similar mods but still looking for some retails locally if possible..

My Car is there by next week...but I just cant drive it yet as Im in the states now....

Well I order all Vorstiener Aero parts through Nick @ Jlevis, he is a great guy and he could help you out a lot but too bad no discount, Gruppe M =18000 and order takes around 3 months, 1/2 for making 1/2 for shipping, thats why i order everything in July, and hope everything can get here by Sept. I don't think is a good idea to install anything before the first service.
Lets meet up later for local BMW meet...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #39
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

Just took delivery of my Alpine White E90 M3 with DCT. Very good car but will look for new wheels and exhaust later.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #40
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclboss View Post
Just took delivery of my Alpine White E90 M3 with DCT. Very good car but will look for new wheels and exhaust later.
oh nice~~~~~mine is alpine White E92, with GruppeM intake and exhaust, the sound are perfect to me...........and i am also looking for a new wheel for my car, ordered I-forged, but i might cancel the order as it takes too long!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #41
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

HAHA I still haven't be able to get my car yet as I'm still at work in US...sigh...

It seems we have 3 AW right now..including mine.....I just receive my bmw performance steering wheel....i hope im gonna be the first one to get it install in HKG...

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #42
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

hey guys do you have any suggestion of the wheel for the E92 in HK?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #43
avbw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06' M coupe

Hi everyone at HK, I just wanted to say that I bought my intake and wheels (on order) from my friend at Wheelink and his name is Eric, so far good pricing and the goods arrived on time, no complain. No advertisment, but just to let you guys know.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #44
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Are they Ray wheels official reseller? Coz I might need to order some special models for the my m3

Appreciate 0