BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
kbh
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S/BMW E92 M3

best x pipe for Meisterschaft GT

Hey guys,

I just installed my Meisterschaft GT yesterday and I totally love the sound! I'm still breaking in the exhaust. No drone whatsoever

I'm just wondering for you guys who are running meisterschaft what is the best x pipe combo for this? I want it louder but the tone and pitch I still want to remain the same.

Hoping it won't drone as much so I was thinking of running Gintani, Challenge or what brand is out there?

Hope people chime in. Thank you!

Appreciate 1
E92M3GT101.00
      09-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
eternallx
Looking
United_States
Rep
Drives: 0.0

I tried it with Gintani w/ 4 resonators... stupid loud (I loved it but just not as a DD) and added a lot of drone. Tone changes as well... gets very raspy kinda like IPE but not exactly.
Theres one video of someone with testpipes and GT.. seems to retain some of the original tone.
      09-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Maybe you're the pinaka best sounding m3 in PI now huh?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
kbh
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallx View Post
I tried it with Gintani w/ 4 resonators... stupid loud (I loved it but just not as a DD) and added a lot of drone. Tone changes as well... gets very raspy kinda like IPE but not exactly.
Theres one video of someone with testpipes and GT.. seems to retain some of the original tone.
thanks for the reply. what did you do to it? you removed it? i'm hoping there's a x pipe with resonates the sound better. I can do test pipes and stock x pipe but hoping there's alternative. or maybe don't do the test pipe and just do the x pipe. nice cars btw
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #5
kbh
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Maybe you're the pinaka best sounding m3 in PI now huh?
hahaha maybe bro. i'm going all out on my car. just the same way as I setup my other cars the m3 is my daily. m/t tranny
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
eternallx
Looking
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbh View Post
thanks for the reply. what did you do to it? you removed it? i'm hoping there's a x pipe with resonates the sound better. I can do test pipes and stock x pipe but hoping there's alternative. or maybe don't do the test pipe and just do the x pipe. nice cars btw

Yeah I removed and went though 4 other exhausts and now am searching for a Innotech. I miss the GT sound with xpipe but not the drone so I am hoping to solve that with a valved exhaust like Innotech.
      09-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Try the Dinan set up. Great sounding x pipe. I run it with my AA exhaust.

I have heard the Meisterschaft GT2 with the Dinan and it is an incredible sound. I mean incredible. Buddy of mine here in MA ran it for a while. Made me very jealous. No noticeable drone at all and very tolerable for DD.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Try the Dinan set up. Great sounding x pipe. I run it with my AA exhaust.

I have heard the Meisterschaft GT2 with the Dinan and it is an incredible sound. I mean incredible. Buddy of mine here in MA ran it for a while. Made me very jealous. No noticeable drone at all and very tolerable for DD.
If the MRF pipe doesn't work out soon I might be trying the Dinan. 30% off this month but they make it sound like you HAVE to buy their race software which I do not need or want.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

You do not need to buy their race software at all. Where are you located? I can provide you with a contact number for my Dinan rep in Boston area.

Great guy and will give a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I had the same exhaust, and when I added a challenge sport x-pipe (HFC's and resonators), it became stupid loud. You would have to retain the primary cats for it to stay palatable, and you won't get any performance gains if you do that. My advice would be to leave it as is and be happy - it's a fantastic sounding exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Yeah I removed and went though 4 other exhausts and now am searching for a Innotech. I miss the GT sound with xpipe but not the drone so I am hoping to solve that with a valved exhaust like Innotech.
Why not akra?

I have a dinan x pipe plus the akra axel back. It is the quitest catless exhaust ive heard and not an ounce of drone. No rasp, but a clean v8 yet exotic note. One of the best fo the 12-15 different set ups Ive had.

Granted this is one of the most expensive combos, but it meets all the criteria.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
eternallx
Looking
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Why not akra?

I have a dinan x pipe plus the akra axel back. It is the quitest catless exhaust ive heard and not an ounce of drone. No rasp, but a clean v8 yet exotic note. One of the best fo the 12-15 different set ups Ive had.

Granted this is one of the most expensive combos, but it meets all the criteria.
Akra isnt loud enough when I really want to open her up lol. I like the rasp the IPE makes too.
      09-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Akra isnt loud enough when I really want to open her up lol. I like the rasp the IPE makes too.
Yea, ive done the loud systems. Have had 4 eisenmann race exhausts, and was paired with a catless x pipe and it was loud. Im over the loud exhausts at this point. I have to with a baby on the way so for me, the akra is the best way to stay with a full catless exhaust without sounding like one unless im on it. I also have a mastermind race I could switch up to for a little more volume but not sure how drone will be affected.

The eisenmann race with catless x pipe sounded phenomenal...snapped, not turned, heads everywhere I went but this set up is the cleanest sound ive heard. I almost bought an IPE F1 (because its valved) but to me i couldnt get past how cheap it sounded to me. And yes ive heard it in person and just always got the feeling that the tone was just overly loud but had nothing going for it other than rasp.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

OP, not sure if I mentioned in my response to your PM or not, but x-pipes change the sound of the muffler completely. Having said that, there's a good chance it can still sound good though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
If the MRF pipe doesn't work out soon I might be trying the Dinan. 30% off this month but they make it sound like you HAVE to buy their race software which I do not need or want.
Why not just delete secondaries if it doesn't work out? Donnie's car sounds amazing right now.

Quote:
Yea, ive done the loud systems. Have had 4 eisenmann race exhausts, and was paired with a catless x pipe and it was loud. Im over the loud exhausts at this point. I have to with a baby on the way so for me, the akra is the best way to stay with a full catless exhaust without sounding like one unless im on it. I also have a mastermind race I could switch up to for a little more volume but not sure how drone will be affected.

The eisenmann race with catless x pipe sounded phenomenal...snapped, not turned, heads everywhere I went but this set up is the cleanest sound ive heard. I almost bought an IPE F1 (because its valved) but to me i couldnt get past how cheap it sounded to me. And yes ive heard it in person and just always got the feeling that the tone was just overly loud but had nothing going for it other than rasp.
That's my current setup right now. I'm shocked at how tame it is under 3k RPM's. When you want more noise, step on the loud pedal and the sound is just amazing. The looks I get when I drive by people eating outside at restaurants = priceless.

Having said that, I can totally understand having a baby would make you switch to Akra, I prob would too. This weekend, we had catless Eisenmann Race, catless Megan and Akra Evo at my house and the Evo was by far the most civilized (while still sounding good).

P.S. I do have the 2 OEM resonators left on there though, so mine might not be quite as loud as yours was.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Dang I'm actualy trying to sell my Remus race rite now because I'm getting the Meisterschaft GT2 and I have a catless set up and it's loud but now I'm thinking this set up will be louder. I really like the sound of the Meisterschaft GT2 but I only herd it with stock pipes.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-streets View Post
Dang I'm actualy trying to sell my Remus race rite now because I'm getting the Meisterschaft GT2 and I have a catless set up and it's loud but now I'm thinking this set up will be louder. I really like the sound of the Meisterschaft GT2 but I only herd it with stock pipes.
That's going to be VERY loud, prob one of the loudest setups out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

if u wanted a louder exhaust should of just went with a gt2. I had a gt2 with challenge sport xpipe crazy loud. if you want to run any kind of xpipe with the gt get something with high flow cats, DO NOT get something with out primary cats! ess , gintani and active offer high flow cats in the same location as stock primary cats. try one of these if u want a full exhaust forget about any with no cats in primary car will be extremely loud and will get raspy.

I had thread sometime ago with different setups you can hear how loud the gt2 was with the challenge. search for ms372 on YouTube
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
You do not need to buy their race software at all. Where are you located? I can provide you with a contact number for my Dinan rep in Boston area.

Great guy and will give a good deal.
Andy, you know where i'm located at. Can he get better prices that McKenna? That's where I go for Dinan because they always give me the best deal and service. Shoot me over the guys name and contact info. BTW how is your midsection holding up? Have you gotten a chance to go under the car and take a look? I remember you saying your AA was falling apart. I remember that combo made my combo sound so tame I was sad to get back in my car haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why not akra?

Which combo sounded better or comparable? Now i'm considering Dinan midsection as its on sale ($2160) and i'm getting impatient waiting for the one I originally wanted.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Which combo sounded better or comparable? Now i'm considering Dinan midsection as its on sale ($2160) and i'm getting impatient waiting for the one I originally wanted.
I have a mastermind race I could sell you

For me, there isnt much choice. It was either full dinan, which I had or Dinan and Akra. With the baby on the way, the Akra is just perfection. The sound is amazing, the lack of drone is great, and the aesthetics of it are far superior to any system IMO. Plus the Akra quality far exceeds anything else on the market as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Mrf mid pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01
Quote:
Why not akra?

I gave up on this midpipe and have decided to go another route. Where did you see the dinan for that price? Their website? Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto///M View Post
I gave up on this midpipe and have decided to go another route. Where did you see the dinan for that price? Their website? Thanks man
It's actually 20% off, not 30%. The price is $2160 though

http://www.dinancars.com/products/M-...-Off-Sale.aspx
Appreciate 0