BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
///M_Monster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP (on order)

Question Time for PCD delivery?

So... I ordered my 2012 E92 M3 at the end of October and I opted for the Performance Center Delivery (after reading all the positive reviews). The anticipation spell has definitely cursed me!

My dealership rep explained that the earliest confirmable date with the Performance Center is 17 FEB. This seems delayed to me... As of today, the BMWUSA online tracker shows "Production Ends".

Questions:

1) Does the above date seem normal?

2) How long does a typical production take (non-PCD)?

3) Would you think that IF I opted out of the PCD, I would receive her sooner? Worth enough to forgo the PCD?

Last edited by ///M_Monster; 12-08-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
LTJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche GT3

PCD is lots of fun. If you've never been there, it is a great experience. When i asked my adviser about it, he said it may take longer to get, but maybe not. It depends on how many people want to do it. The list then grows....
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
If you opt out of the PCD then you will probably get the car 2-4 weeks sooner. But its really worth the wait.... I really had a fun time. I ordered my car on 5/16/10, production date was 6/5/10, it was in the states in the around 7/1/10 and I did PCD on 7/19/10.... so it took almost 2 months.

The PCD folks treat you like royalty... great people, great experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

PCD is DEFINITELY worth it. I just took my PCD delivery this past Friday and it was easily one of the best experiences I've had. For reference, I ordered my car at the end of July, but my story isn't normal because of the 2012's with the EPA hold (I was supposed to take PCD Nov. 1st.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

That date sounds correct. My PCD date is 12/16. Remember it takes 5-6 weeks just for your car to leave Regensberg and make it to Brunswick, GA. It has to spend a week or so clearing customs + the VPC. Add in the holidays, and mid-Feb sounds about right.

You might get the car a few weeks sooner, but I'd say be patient.

I'm right at 2 months today since my car's status was "Production Ends", and my PCD date is in one week. Of course I did ED in there, and that added 1-2 weeks to the process.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #6
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

You will regret it forever if you skip PCD just to get your car a few weeks early. Not only was it fun but you can really push the car is a safe enviroment surrounded by experts. May allow you to enjoy the car even more in the years to come.
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
DemonEye
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe ESS VT2-625

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [0.00]
2012 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Do PCD for sure! I ordered my E92 M3 at the very end of August and did my PCD on November 23rd. It was such a good time and the staff, facility, and even the lunch was top notch. Doing a hot lap with a pro driver was just unreal, I had a smile on my face the rest of the day.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
///My5UV
Lurker
Rep
Drives: YMB F80, SS E90

Given that the drive home isn't bad for you, I'd say PCD is worth the wait. Only hangup with that time of year is the weather might suck, but as long as there isn't a full-on winter storm you should be OK.

I am the king of waiting... I signed finance papers Jan 2nd (to lock in holiday cash), took euro delivery May 6th, did PCD July 28th, got tint and PPF, and then went on a vacation. I made 4 payments before I was driving my car on a regular basis in mid-August!
      12-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If you're considering PCD, here's a great PCD FAQ that members compiled in our 1M forums:

PCD FAQ: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563985
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
///M_Monster
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP (on order)

Thanks guys for the recommendation... I know I should just suck it up and go for the PCD, it's just the wait that IS KILLING ME!

But your right, if it's only going to be a difference of a couple weeks, PCD it is!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_Monster View Post
Thanks guys for the recommendation... I know I should just suck it up and go for the PCD, it's just the wait that IS KILLING ME!

But your right, if it's only going to be a difference of a couple weeks, PCD it is!
I'm in the same boat as you! I took delivery of my car in Munich three weeks ago and the wait is kiillllliiiinnnngggg me! My car is currently en route to the US. The Don Juan is supposed to arrive in Brunswick on December 20. I'm a little worried that this will delay my most eagerly awaited reunification with my car...I imagine things fall behind and slow down during the holidays. I am supposed to do my PCD the first/second week of January but in order for this to happen the car must clear VPC/Customs by the end of the year. I honestly doubt this will happen but one can always hope! For a hot minute I was getting a bit antsy and considered just taking a local delivery at the dealership. I decided to just suck it up since I know that I will absolutely regret not doing the PCD just to get the car a couple weeks earlier. I plan to keep this car for at least 6-8 years, so we will have plenty of time to bond. I'm also in FL - Central FL here - we are lucky to live rather close to Spartanburg. But seriously I hope you stick it out since all I have heard is nothing but wonderful things about the PCD experience. In the meanwhile, if you are anything like me, continue to manically track your baby's arrival.
Appreciate 0