BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

02-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #67
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Gtr's pretty much drive themselves so that wouldn't be much fun. You'd drive the gt3rs. It all depends on what you want. A car that you drive or a car that drives for you. I'm a noob on here so my opinions doesnt mean much but I've been a longtime car enthusiast on other forums. Your mileage may vary. ;-)
I beg to differ. GTRs don't drive themslves and I find that type of comment odd coming from someone driving a Turbo.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor

Last edited by 991GT3; 02-24-2012 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #68
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

The Turbo isn't my track machine. The Scuderia is.

In any case, I do think that the GTR is a spectacular car for what it is but that's the thing, when I drove it, I almost felt like the car was the superhero because it just felt so capable. I feel the same way whenever I drive my Turbo. Almost seems like it's idiotproof. I'm just trying to illustrate that your skills become more important when you're driving a car such as the GT3RS or the Scuderia that was designed with the track in mind. That's all.

Everyone has a different goal when it comes to finding the right car for them. I'm not contesting that by any means. You'll get a different opinion from everyone here, guaranteed. The bottom line is, only the person buying the car can decide what suits him/her best.

Last edited by atomic80; 02-24-2012 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #69
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
The Turbo isn't my track machine. The Scuderia is.

In any case, I do think that the GTR is a spectacular car for what it is but that's the thing, when I drove it, I almost felt like the car was the superhero because it just felt so capable. I feel the same way whenever I drive my Turbo. Almost seems like it's idiotproof. I'm just trying to illustrate that your skills become more important when you're driving a car such as the GT3RS or the Scuderia that was designed with the track in mind. That's all.

Everyone has a different goal when it comes to finding the right car for them. I'm not contesting that by any means. You'll get a different opinion from everyone here, guaranteed. The bottom line is, only the person buying the car can decide what suits him/her best.
Cool. I'm very jealous of your Ferrari. Some day

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0